Old Navy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Old Navy Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Carbondale, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview with 4 other people. It was actually fun. We had to pair up with one or two people and learn about one another and learn 2-3 things we had in common then discuss it in front of everyone. Then we had to introduce ourselves in front of everyone. We also had to bring one item in that represents us and what we are passionate about. Then we had to go pick out an outfit and sell it to the interviewer. During that time, we also had to find out three benefits of opening an Old Navy credit card, either from google, the pamphlets in the store, or from an employee in the store. Super comfortable. I got a call a few days later for a second interview. The group interview was more about standing our and them getting to know your personality.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Nottingham, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easy overall. It was a one one one interview. I applied online and the next day i got an email saying schedule and interview. They gave two dates and time .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview, so try your best to stand out. They asked about myself and how I can contribute to their team. They asked whose celebrity fashion style I would pick and why. They questioned us about the company"s history.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

First they have a 5 minutes phone interview to see in general how you are. Then they have an interview with a manager is the phone interview was a success.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Foothill Ranch, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with two other high school students and a lady who was about 40. Pretty easy-going and wasn't stressful. We walked around the store and just kinda talked about what it's like to work there and some questions. I applied online and my friend who works there told her boss I applied. They were hiring for seasonal and said it would probably lead to long term, but I didn't want to leave my current job for one that was potentially 3 months

Interview Questions

• Go around the store and make an outfit   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Chandler, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with the manager in the break room. Very relaxed and laid back she just asked me a couple of questions then told me she thought i would be a really good fit for the company and hired me on the spot. She told me they had to do a background check and they would call me when it goes through and have me come in for training

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Largo, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

They took 5 of us into a back room and did a round table discussion type of interview. They asked about 6-7 questions and afterwards had us go out onto the floor and put together an outfit. After I left, about 30 min later I got a cal asking me to come back for another interview with the store manager. The process was very swift however, I never heard from them after that interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with someone you didn't want to. How did you get through it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I got an interview through learn up which helped me prepare for the interview. The first interview was a group interview with 8 people, we stood in a circled outside the store. We didn't have to choose an outfit like most of the reviews said. It was actually pretty fun and easy. Remember to be yourself keep eye contact with the interviewer and anybody speaking. I got a call 2 hours later for a 2nd interview wish me luck!!

Interview Questions

• What is something unique about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Initial phone interview

Called and ask some questions and was told that I was qualified for the group interview. Told me to bring in a object that was important to me.

2. Group interview

About 5 people total including me. Asked more questions. Made us go onto the floor and choose and outfit and explain why we picked the pieces and how we would sell it.

3. Interview with manager

Talked more about myself and also available times.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself?
      Q: Tell when you had a problem with another person, and how did you resolve that problem?
      Q: Why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Maple Grove, MN).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call 2 days after and had a phone interview. Got invited to do an in-store interview. Had the interview with one other person. Asked us a few questions then had us go out into the store and pick an outfit out for an event that the interviewer had given us (we rolled dice that told us what event and what kind of outfit we needed to find). I had to find a dress for a concert. Then we came back and had to sell it to her. She also requested that we bring an item that we are passionate about and had us explain why (I brought a book). She then told us she would call us in 2 days to let us know if we got the job. She called me back 4 days later and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to use one of your strengths to overcome an obstacle/challenge.   Answer Question