Old Navy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.0

467 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

It took 20 minute interview, basic question interview. They only ask what is your availability. As well as previous employer. The manager ask me if I'm available for orientation the on Friday, I got interview on Wednesday. So they call me for orientation Saturday. Pretty fast job process.

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Great interview. It was very casual and they didn't put us in any confusing situation. The interviewer even told us that she doesn't want to ask us any specific question but rather want us to have a normal conversation.
    In the end we all came out very nice and friendly with each other. It was so casual it felt like we made friends. I personally slept 2 hours the night before the interview but felt really good afterwards.
    But beside their friendly attitude toward us there was a very disappointing thing for me. I applied for the job around July 20th, a week later I went to the store to follow. Next day I receive a call from the manager I talked to, Scheduling an interview. I go to the interview and I wait another week and I don't hear back from them. I follow up and they call me back the next day telling me about the salary and the orientation. I go to the orientation and I mark my availability seven days a week. A few days later I receive my schedule through email, giving me 2 working days in the entire month, which is basically total of 8 hours! Im going to change my availability so I can apply for other jobs that would give me more than 8 hours a month.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call two days later. She asked me some basic questions on the phone (why Old Navy, when are you available), and then we scheduled an interview. I arrived for the interview 10 minutes early and there was one other person. We were taken to the side of the sales floor and taught some of the history behind the company. We were then told she would chat with the general manager and would hopefully have something set up by tomorrow. I received a call later that night to meet with the general manager in two days. I was there 15 minutes early and again there was one other girl there as well. The general manager introduced himself and pulled us each outside individually. He asked several questions, answered my own, then offered me a job on the spot. All in all, great exprecience, I appreciated the speed with which they went through the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Old Navy?   2 Answers
    • What does integrity mean to you?   2 Answers
    • What does initiative mean to you?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What was your favorite part of your last job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the best team you've been on.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It took them less than one week to call me in for an interview. The hiring manager said that it'd be super casual and she didn't lie one bit, I came in a polo type shirt and flats and it was fine. It went well so it only lasted about 10 minutes, if that.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think Old Navy's biggest competition is?   1 Answer
    • What's the best and worst team you've worked with? Why?   1 Answer
    • What was the best service you had in a store? What made it so special?   1 Answer
    • What do you like to wear?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It happens on the sales floor and its very basic resume questions. Why do you want to work for Old Navy? Tell me a little about your resume? What is your availability during the holidays and is it flexible? Sell me this pen?

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Tigard, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly simple; I applied online, they called to set up an interview, and a few days after called back. The interview itself was pretty quick, they just asked me to tell them about myself and if I knew what responsibilities I would have.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy in July 2017.

Interview

Applied as a Sales Associate, was called about a week later and was asked just a few basic questions over the phone like availability, work experience, education, etc.
    Came in for an interview two days later, group interview with three people, and was given the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Old Navy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They were low on staff so the manager made me wait 15 minutes. But after that it was relaxed and he asked the typical questions. The exact store did not hire me but they sent me to a bigger store where there was more demand.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Old Navy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Behavior Based Group Interview. There was a surprise phone interview and then they called me in for an in- person interview which was a group interview and everyone in the group interview got hired. You just need to prove that you aren't completely insane.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a group interview about a week later. The group interview consisted of 3 portions. There were about 12-15 of us. First, we all went around the circle saying our names and something interesting about us. After that, we each presented our passion piece (something that represents you). We talked about what we know about Old Navy (what it's famous for, etc). Next, we came up with a scenario and create an outfit from a section of our choice. I didn't get the job because they weren't hiring seasonally at the time. Not sure if they simply don't hire seasonal workers or if it was for that time only.