Old Navy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.0

454 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

It happens on the sales floor and its very basic resume questions. Why do you want to work for Old Navy? Tell me a little about your resume? What is your availability during the holidays and is it flexible? Sell me this pen?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Navy.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call two days later. She asked me some basic questions on the phone (why Old Navy, when are you available), and then we scheduled an interview. I arrived for the interview 10 minutes early and there was one other person. We were taken to the side of the sales floor and taught some of the history behind the company. We were then told she would chat with the general manager and would hopefully have something set up by tomorrow. I received a call later that night to meet with the general manager in two days. I was there 15 minutes early and again there was one other girl there as well. The general manager introduced himself and pulled us each outside individually. He asked several questions, answered my own, then offered me a job on the spot. All in all, great exprecience, I appreciated the speed with which they went through the hiring process.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Tigard, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly simple; I applied online, they called to set up an interview, and a few days after called back. The interview itself was pretty quick, they just asked me to tell them about myself and if I knew what responsibilities I would have.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy in July 2017.

Interview

Applied as a Sales Associate, was called about a week later and was asked just a few basic questions over the phone like availability, work experience, education, etc.
    Came in for an interview two days later, group interview with three people, and was given the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Old Navy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

They were low on staff so the manager made me wait 15 minutes. But after that it was relaxed and he asked the typical questions. The exact store did not hire me but they sent me to a bigger store where there was more demand.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Old Navy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Behavior Based Group Interview. There was a surprise phone interview and then they called me in for an in- person interview which was a group interview and everyone in the group interview got hired. You just need to prove that you aren't completely insane.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a group interview about a week later. The group interview consisted of 3 portions. There were about 12-15 of us. First, we all went around the circle saying our names and something interesting about us. After that, we each presented our passion piece (something that represents you). We talked about what we know about Old Navy (what it's famous for, etc). Next, we came up with a scenario and create an outfit from a section of our choice. I didn't get the job because they weren't hiring seasonally at the time. Not sure if they simply don't hire seasonal workers or if it was for that time only.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied a couple of months ago , but when I updated my application they called to set up an interview. Very easy , felt almost like a conversation. Just make sure you show interest and tell them about any experience you have in retail. They reached out 3 days after and offered me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy in May 2017.

Interview

Very casual, friendly, and comfortable. I submitted my application and received a call. Following the phone interview, I went to the store for an in-person interview which expanded on the questions I was asked on the phone, and it was relatively short.

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (State College, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

One interview. Go into the store he/she asks basic interview questions and lets you know if they are interested in a second interview or not. They also give you a situation and give you about 3 min to get pick out an outfit for it.