Old Navy Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

1.9

83 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Silverdale, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was very easy and laid back. First I was asked to make an outfit and explain why I had put it together and if I had worn. The second part of the interview was questions. Overall, the staff was really nice and positive.

Interview Questions

• What is the last song you downloaded?   Answer Question
  • What is a piece of advice you had been given and why is it important to you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Old Navy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webster, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Webster, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was told it was going to be a group, it was just me. We sat down and they asked me a few questions, then told me I’d get a call or email and didn’t say when. Don’t think they’ll do either.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, straightforward, it was 2 interviews. On the first interview we were just asked what customer service is to us, to introduce yourself and in the second one we were asked to go find an outfit and then sell it to them.

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Whittier, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a national hiring event day so it was a group interview. There were 5 of us. First they had us pick an item on the sales floor and tell why we chose that specific item. Then they asked us a series of questions. There were maybe 10 questions. The whole process was about an hour. The team was very friendly and gave everyone a chance to answer the questions and didn't push anyone who did not want to answer a question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Southlake, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a call the Sunday before this past one and scheduled an interview for last Tuesday. I went in and asked about where to interview and the manager led me to her office. She made sure to tell me this is seasonal, however, it could become part time after the season ends. She asked me a few questions and explained the holiday schedule. I was one of five they were interviewing, I believe.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were working in a group and there was a conflict and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Navy (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

It took 2 days, i went in to interview she asked me the same questions as the phone interview.
    Told me she will make a decision didn't call back.
    They werent really "working".

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Navy (Elk Grove, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I went in and waited with four other people at the cash registers until the hiring manager came to get us and she took us all outside in front of the store. She asked for our resumes and then we stood in a circle. She asked each person about 2 questions. I read that many people on here said they ask you to pick out an outfit from the store but we did not do that. It was very quick and easy, I got there at 12 and was out by 12:15. She said she would go over our resumes and get back to us within the next two days if we were chosen to come back in for orientation. Let's hopeI got it!!

Interview Questions

• I was asked the first question in the group which was what do you know about old navy, then the boy next to me was asked about a time he received good customer service, next boy was asked when he received bad customer service, then I was asked about a time I worked with a team and how the experience was. Literally the simplest questions, I was nervous at first but everyone was very nice and it was relaxed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Old Navy (Smithfield, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online via Learnup (I wouldn't say take notes, however, I was able to answer a good amount of questions, they even have the presentation on YouTube!). I completed the assessments and was called for an interview on Wednesday November 16. It was a group interview consisting of maybe 6-9 people. During the interview, the hiring manager asked us alot of questions in regards to the clothing, layout of the store, and what Old Navy items bring in the most revenue. Afterwards, we were given an activity, in which we picked an item in the store that you would sell to a customer. The hiring manager explained more of the business, payroll, scheduling, and past experiences. Overall, I would say the interview lasted maybe 30-50 minutes. At the end, the hiring manager let everyone know that he will either call/email to let us know the outcome.

*Update* About a week later, I got a call about the job and a two day orientation👌

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Navy (Orland Park, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I walked around the store with the hiring manager. She asked me about what I did for fun and why I wanted to work there. It was a mindless interview. Old Navy is a friendly relaxed environment. After we were all done, she told me right then and there I got the job. She had me come in the next day to train, and I was off on my way.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't not able to negotiate it's a seasonal position.

(Seasonal) Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Navy (Arlington, TX).

Interview

About two weeks after I submitted the application I was called in to go for an interview on a Friday. It was a 1 on 1. I was asked the basics. "Tell me about yourself" "Tel me about your job experience" *note; if you don't have any just say you don't but remember to list some of your skills that they'll find useful* And then just that HM doing the rest of the talking (it seemed more like a conversation than an interview). And then I was asked to follow him, he took me to the back of the store where he found a table of little girls clothing and asked me to fix up the table and make it look good. I was called in for training the following Thursday. *Remember, ask questions afterwards*