Old Republic Title Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.5

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Old Republic Title (Orange, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was timely and professional. The questions were standard. Interview process was in a conference room and interviewer was friendly and open and put me at ease. The receptionist was less professional by joining in a personal conversation with a co worker.

Escrow Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Lake Tahoe, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Old Republic Title (South Lake Tahoe, CA).

Interview

Sit down interview with county manager then office manager where they asked about my. Ackground, described job duties, explained office philosophy and discussed work loads and seasonal overtime. They asked about transportation, if I could/would travel. Discussed hours of operation, dress code, we sent over the employee manual and. Imported necessary paoerwork

Commercial Title Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Republic Title (Roseville, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very informal. The 2 people conducting the interview were very friendly. I have not had to interview for a position in quite some time so I did not know what to expect. To my relief, the interview process was very direct and to the point. Salary and job expectations were discussed along with certain benefits. Their entire excellent benefit package choices were presented subsequent to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Did I plan on staying with them for the long haul?   1 Answer

Closing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Republic Title (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a one on one meeting at a Starbucks with a sales manager for the company. It lasted one hour and I was offered an entry level position on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I accepted their offer immediately.

Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Republic Title (Akron, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Arrived in business professional clothing while the interviewer, who was a supervisor, showed up late...couldn't even get in the building. Supervisor met me in jeans and a t shirt. Didn't really ask me generic interview questions except questions about my administrative experience and experience with using multiple screens. She gives me details about the job and then send me on my way. You can tell they really don't care about the caliber of person that you are, they just want to fill cubicles to get more work done. The interview took max 20 minutes

Corporate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Republic Title (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

One round with manager and head of department. Job description looked promising and was given a quick tour of the office. Was pleased with the depth they dug in knowing there was only one shot at getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work situation and what did you do to correct/improve the situation?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Republic Title (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Brief, but to the point. The interview was focused on the value of communication and customer service. My assessment, by the HR manager, who was the interviewer, was determined by my flexibility, adaptation and connectivity to clients and associates who either worked for or did business with Old Republic Title Company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about you?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Old Republic Title (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Consisted of what skills I had in selling their products, particularly, their macy's credit card. I was asked if I had problems talking to customers especially when they are upset. I explained that I would use my considerable skills at negotiation to calm the customer down and find out exactly what I could do to appease the customer. I understood that part of the job requires meeting quotas of the sales of credit cards.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to sell the Macy's credit card and how I would handle the customer.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Old Republic Title (Walnut, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Consisted of questions to find out what I would do to sell their credit card and how to soothe the irate customer. I don't have 50 more words to use on what was basically a pitch to find out how dedicated I would be to sell their credit card for which the company rakes in the interest rate. This is passive income for the company and considering that they are in relatively exclusive areas I felt the pay was too low at $9.00 to start. There were no benefits discussed and I was informed a day later by email that they did not have any positions for me. This is quite curious since I know they are hiring. It's mostly seasonal warehouse work, but I was very surprised I was not offered a position. I would have had to refuse it since I would have a regular bridge toll to pay out of pocket. This company seems to prey on women who are secondary income providers. This is an unfair situation and I expected better than that from them. Especially since their prices are on the high side.

Interview Questions

• What would I tell the customer when they informed me that they already had enough credit?   1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Republic Title.

Interview

Was interviewed by two people simultaneously. They were both polite, and the atmosphere was relatively laid-back. Lasted maybe 20 minutes or so. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

The salary was lower than what I was looking for.