Old Second National Bank Commercial Lender Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Vice President, Commercial Lender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Old Second National Bank (Aurora, IL) in December 2008.

Interview

Once the employer expressed interest in speaking with me the process went fairly quickly. I had a phone conversation with HR which was positive and moved the proces to the next step of a meeting with the head of the department. Employer was very accomodating of my request to keep the converstation confidential and took great care to ensure that my level of interest was not shared with any of my peers. The face to face interview with the department head was in a comfortable setting and I felt the interviewer and I made a strong connection. We spoke of many topics and I would not consider the interview to be of a typicial or canned approach. Both the interviewer and I left with positive feelings about the next steps. The hiring company explained to me that they needed to move some people around prior to being able to make an offer to me. I had a good working knowledge of the employer and potential supervisor and therefore selling of the potential employer was not necessary. I felt as though I did a good job of selling myself and my capabilities which were well recieved by the interviewer. I left the interview thinking that where the goal of the company was going may not be the best fit for my current activities and customer base. Overall, I think the candid coversations allowed both the interviewer and myself to decide that it was not the right fit at this time.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel about calling on larger size companies.   1 Answer