Old Spaghetti Factory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Old Spaghetti Factory

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I saw that OSF was hiring. I went in the next day dressed up properly to fill out and turn in the application. About a month goes by until I received a call from them asking if I still wanted an interview, and I told them I did. I had an interview with the Host Manager who asked me questions like.... So why would you want to work at the OSF? Tell me about yourself. *If you had three tables that just sat down at the same time how would you take care of all three of them equally?

It was a very laid back interview that lasted about 5 minutes, until he invited me to the next interview with the General Manager the following day. The general manager asked me the same question, why would I like to work here.... and then some more interesting ones. What are some good qualities in a waiter? HE IS LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC ANSWER! A correct answer was obviously good customer service....but he is waiting to hear you say EFFICIENCY.

The general manager began saying how there has been waiters that have come into this job with the best customer service, but if you are not being efficient with your time then you will not last in this business. He began to talk about dress code at work, and after a few more minutes invited me to work for OSF!

I was really excited that I got the job because I do not have any prior restaurant experience, and there was a very high volume of applicants that were received (When you filled out your application you put it in a folder with the rest of them). The interview process is very simple and easy, they just want to see that you are personable and come to the interview dressed up nicely (I wore: dress shoes, black pants, leather belt, tucked in long sleeve button up, cleaned up face)

**Lastly for MEN: They have a certain rule for facial hair, I know that goatees are allowed, along with the choice of just a mustache, but for the interview it needs to be all clean cut, so your cheek area needs to be shaven.

Interview Questions

• What are some good qualities that is needed for a waiter?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just accepted the job.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Two separate interviews, one with GM and other Server Manager. Basic conversation asking about prior work experience, ect. Mainly just wanted to see how you socialized and how that could transfer over to being a server

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It was more of a conversation. I felt like I could be open and honest without judgment. I had never served before and I was given the right tools to because a great server trainer / bartender.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Honestly really basic stuff. If you don't get past it maybe serving isn't for you. Which is fine cause no one really wants to be a server at the end of the day anyways.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2012.

Interview

they hired me in one interview

Server Interview

Interview

Standard questions regarding the food service industry. Three interviews, first two with lower level management, with the final interview with the restaurant manager. No talks about salary, all are minimum wage plus tips. Relatively easy interview, but you need to have some common sense to answer correctly. If you don't have serving experience, they may start you in a different field like hosting or bussing.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I handed in my application in person and was told to com back the next day to meet with the hiring manger. My first interview was the next day and was offered a job on the spot. They asked me questions about my availability and items on my resume. The entire process was very easy, they seemed to be hiring a lot of people for their peak season.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about customer service, what is your experience in the restaurant industry, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory (Sacramento, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was brief. They just wanted to find out if you're a hard worker and good with people. Working in a restaurant is hard work so they want people who are comfortable in fast paced environments.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous server experience   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory (Tacoma, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

3 interview 2 with the kitchen mamager then your third and final with the general manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No nogotiation take it or leave it

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Old Spaghetti Factory (Fullerton, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Really easy, asked the basics, weekly availability, past experience on my past jobs. No tricky questions just straight to the point. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted. The more you press management the better.