Oldcastle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Oldcastle

2.6

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Fontana, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR administrator who set-up a 1:1 interview with the Area Sales Manager. After the interview with the ASM I received a call that I would be interviewing with his boss next. A few days later I had a phone interview with the Regional Sales Manager. After the phone interview I was called by a Outside Sales Rep. to schedule a day to "shadow" in the field. The day after working in the field I had a 1:1 interview with the President and General Manager. I was told I would hear from the Area Sales Manager by Friday and never did. Finally after calling and e-mailing I was told the other candidate received the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a tough customer.   2 Answers

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

The process started with a basic phone screen (20 minutes or so), then a phone interview a few days later that was a little more in depth, followed by a face-to-face with the Regional Manager.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oldcastle.

Interview

First, a phone interview or screening was conducted, then a brief face to face interview with members of the finance department, approximately two people. The interview process was fairly quick and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Ask about experience in past roles, what strengths/weaknesses I have, etc.   1 Answer

Claims Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted via e-mail by an admin. asst. in the HR department. She scheduled the interview via e-mail. i interviewed with 5 top level directors/executives. The interviews were one on one but because there were 5 separate interviews it took almost 4 hours. I'm not complaining because 1:1 interviews are much easier than group/panel interviews in my opinion. I was told that they would have a decision by the end of the week. I did not hear anything by the end of the week so I e-mailed a few of the interviewers the following week. My e-mails were ignored. After a couple weeks I assumed I did not get the job. Over a month after the interview I received a rejection e-mail from HR. I am a woman minority and I am not saying that's the reason why I did not get the job but I will say that I did not see much diversity in the people that work there. They are mostly all male and white.

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Rapid City, SD).

Interview

Doug Conrad called me. He asked if I had a CDL. He wanted to know when I could start. He wanted to know when I could come in and fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• If I had a CDL and if I wanted a job driving trucks pulling pups.   1 Answer

National Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview that lasted about .75 hour. Basic questions about, business, sales and qualifications. The person interviewing was a corporate recruiter. All in all the process was good. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview took place in three different steps, two for some. You will be asked about mostly about your leadership experience and ability to go through obstacles. Knowledge in regard to use of different programs can be a plus

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oldcastle.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. The interview was very straightforward. There were few questions asked. They started off by asking me to tell about myself. After that, they asked for my resume. Then, they went through each of my previous jobs and leadership experiences. They then asked specific questions about my previous job.

Interview Questions

• There were few questions asked. So the most difficult question was tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The corporate recruiter contacted me and set up the interview for me. I had the interviews with HR, Director of internal auditing, Manager of internal audit and a senior consultant in three groups. The whole process was about 2 hours. I was asked both behavioral questions and professional questions. And they will let you ask them questions, I asked about two questions for each group of interviewers.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oldcastle.

Interview

Phone screen and in person interview. In person interview was actually a group interview, which had not been communicated to me in advance. It was me and I interviewed with three people around a conference table. The people were incredibly smug and somewhat condescending although my credentials were more impressive then theirs. I was put off by their attitudes, location of the job, the lack of interview organization, and the total lack of follow up on their end after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Your resume got you the interview now you need to prove why you should get this job (one of the most pompous statements I've been face with).   Answer Question