Oldcastle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

2.5

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very upfront and attentive, took the time to really make sure that this was a position I was going to be interested in long term. And explained the wonderful benefit package to me which alone is had me sold.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Fontana, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying online, got phone interview, then in-person interview at the site. Very relaxed interview environment. I showed up in a suit and tie to be safe, but had they said something might have been better in business casual due to the dusty work environment.

Industrial Interview

Interview

So far easy process. I had an interview and the following week I was told that they would keep in touch with me. Work environment seems nice and employees were really helpful and informative.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albertville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Albertville, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was not difficult and consisted of basic questions and a tour of the facilities. The Company does not call you back or communicate after the interview, if you are not extended an offer.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oldcastle.

Interview

Interviewed via phone with recruiter based in New York. Mind you, I was sourced for this position and had not heard of this company before being contacted by the recruiter.
    After the phone screen, I had a face to face. Then I was asked to spend 6 hours on a separate day to meet "office staff". Basically I was contacted the next week regarding my salary, but I was not willing to accept this position for the same amount of money with a less flexible schedule. I was not offered the job over because of a $5,000 difference. Everyone please note, I was honest in my initial interview with the recruiter and did not mention that my salary requirement were negotiable. The recruiter stated that my salary request was just fine. After the recruiter reached out to me, and I stated that my salary request was firm I didn't hear from anyone again. Keep in mind, I took a vacation day to sit with these people and didn't even get a decent email to state that we have moved on. Don't ever work for a company like this.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, 24 hours later received a phone call. Had a great conversation with the hiring manager. A week later, I went for a face to face interview. They answered all of my questions and I left the interview feeling like a million bucks. A week later or so I had a second interview. During the waiting period, I never felt lost in the process. Everything was very transparent and professional with open communication. A couple of days later I was offered the role. Very easy process!

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Leesburg, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Too easy, wondered what was wrong, found out the hard way. I was curious why the interviewer was more cryptic than most and only wanted to discuss pay and benefits

Interview Questions

• None really, just a review of my experience   1 Answer

Construction Job Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumner, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Sumner, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people, in a very casual and comfortable environment. They took the time to describe they company and it's culture, the position and the business as a whole. The questions they asked were matter of fact and direct, not intimidating at all. They were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What would your former supervisor say about you?   1 Answer

Retention Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oldcastle.

Interview

I applied online and received an email several days later from a member of the talent acquisition team to schedule a phone interview - once we finally were able to find a time that worked for both of us, the phone interview lasted about 40 minutes. After the interview, the person I spoke with said that he wants to move forward with me and was going to pass my information along to his manager so that they could review my resume and connect with me. I never got a follow up email (even after sending a thank you one to the interviewer that I spoke with) and never heard from them again. This didn't seem really professional to me - if the talent acquisition person was not interested in me, then he shouldn't have told me that he would pass along my information and let me know via phone or email that he wasn't moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Being in Phoenix, and this position focusing on a lot of blue collar job opportunities, do you happen to be Spanish bilingual?   Answer Question

Business Analytics Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview took place in the Old Castle Office Building in my city. I was interviewed by three people at once for 20-25 minutes. They made me feel quite comfortable and assured me when I did not know how to answer the question at hand.

Interview Questions

• Why OldCastle? Why Data?
      If I were to give you hundreds of lines of data, how would you go about it?   Answer Question