Oldcastle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 75 of over 75 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Oldcastle

Application

I interviewed at Oldcastle

Interview

I actually didn't interview with them per se as I was part of the staff of the company they took over. They were very professional, gave annual reviews, training, feedback and had an open door policy between staff and management.

Interview Questions
  • I wasn't asked any interview questions by them.
    Answer Question

Oldcastle

Application

I interviewed at Oldcastle

Interview

Easy interview. not too hard at all. simple questions. be able to know about yourself and youre gucci money. come prepared though, they want to hear that you know what you are talking about

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Calgary, AB) in Nov 2020

Interview

2 Phone calls with the recruiter. 1 Phone call with the HR Director. 2 Video calls with the division president. Everything went well in terms of communications while the process and then all of the sudden NOTHING.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your experience integrating a company that has been just acquired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Perrysburg, OH) in Sep 2020

Interview

I was told I'd be interviewing in front of 4 people. When I arrived I could tell they weren't expecting me, and it was nearly 15 minutes after the scheduled start time of the interview before they were ready. There were 3 people. An HR manager, a maintenance shift supervisor and a maintenance manager. The maintenance manager looked unimpressed and bland from the moment I walked in. He asked vague questions and clearly had no interest. It didn't even look like he was interested in being there period. The maintenance shift supervisor was much more interested. He asked questions in depth and inquired about my skills. He was very enthusiastic. The HR manager was really nice and had a neutral attitude. She asked HR related questions like "how many days calling off a month would i consider being excessive". The shift supervisor offered a walkthrough and I accepted. The building was dirtier than average with a LOT of hydraulic leaks. Especially considering they boasted their on-site hydraulic hose construction caps capabilities. The workers seemed lifeless and robotic and the environment did not seem pleasant. The last part of the interview REALLY confused me. (For reference, I've got two degrees in engineering. An associate in mechanical engineering technology and another in electrical. I also explained i know my way around multimeters and oscilloscopes. Also how I installed new 240v subpanels, 480v bus distributions, installed 480v central chillers and air compressors, and ran an entire facility by myself for 3 years. I correctly identified various potentiometers, SSR's, "ice cube" relays and other spare parts on the shelf as he tested my knowledge. Do you know after all this and more, one of the last questions this guy asked me- was "so you're familiar with the difference between a normally open switch and a normally closed one?" I really don't know what happened and at that point I was a loss for words. They never called back and a few weeks later I seen the position reposted. Went on to pass two in-depth assessments for the biggest soft drink producer in the world and they hired me less than a week later.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever meg'd a motor? Explain.

Anonymous Employee in Sauget, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Sauget, IL)

Interview

manager was friendly, contacted by me email and phone, hired by phone-- paid more than asked for, contacted when told they would contact me--not all employers will do that

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Phoenix, AZ) in Jun 2019

Interview

Very unorganized. No one knew I had an interview appt. They gathered some staff and asked some questions out of the blue. No one seemed to know who should be running the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Phoenix, AZ) in Mar 2019

Interview

It was an in-depth process, multiple rounds of phone screens, speaking with the recruiter, Regional HR Manager, followed by in person with 3 person manager panel. The panel interview was heavy on behavior type questions, with follow up/clarifying questions. The whole process was great, the recruiter always returned my messages in a timely manner, met great people in the panel. Even after i wasnt selected, the recruiter kept in touch and was helpful.

Interview Questions
  • What has been your experience in employee engagement and measuring organizational health

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Atlanta, GA) in Nov 2018

Interview

The interview took place on-campus. I submitted the job application and received notification for interview in a week. The interview was not nerve-wrecking, they just asked you about your major, how you heard about Oldcastle, your related experiences and how you think you could contribute your skills to the company, etc. Most of them are behavioral questions and there was no technical question for this job's first round of interview particularly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Oldcastle

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oldcastle

Interview

Interview process was a pleasure. The point if contact stayed in touch and communicated all the information about the position from the intial contact all the way through the final interview. Very impressed

Interview Questions
  • Name a Time you implemented a change and what that looked like

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oldcastle (Fontana, CA) in May 2018

Interview

Very unorganized. Both parties scheduled to interview were unavailable. I had to wait 30 min for them to find someone to interview me instead. I was finally interviewed by someone in a completely different department.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to talk about myself but was never questioned about any specific knowledge for the position.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Interviews