Oliff Berridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oliff Berridge Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Oliff Berridge.

Interview

I received a call to interview. it was a one day process where they tested me on my typing speed, ability to recognize incorrect spellings comparison test, and microsoft word. After I met their standards, i waiting in the oval room and was interviewed by the HR and then the supervisor i would be working for

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliff Berridge.

Interview

2 day interview process, not difficult at all. Day 1 - Met with the hiring partner and 5-6 associated on a 1:1 basis. Talked about law school and undergrad. The hiring partner decided if you were good enough to come back the next day to meet with the EC, Executive Committee comprising the partners who asked you several questions. It wasn't particularly hard or intimidating.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing that was really unexpected. You were expected to have a grasp over technical stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oliff Berridge.

Interview

Received an interview through a recruiter. The interview consisted of two portions. First was with an HR representative who just went over compensation and benefits. The second portion was the actual interview. The interviewer was very pleasant and very engaging. They gave a quick tour of the company as well as where I would be working.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected question. Only "unexpected" question was "Tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oliff Berridge (Alexandria, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with 3-4 partners and the human resources administrator. I asked about their online reputation -- the bad reviews I had read. They were upfront and honest about their online reputation, but assured me that the reviews were dated and did not reflect the current culture of the firm. They were also honest about their expectations for core hours and mandatory lunch from 12-1. They explained how that worked for their firm.

Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oliff Berridge in May 2013.

Interview

Applied wit Jones Networking (do not use them). If they find you are looking elsewehre, they tell the HR at Oliff. I applied and was hired with in a week. There turnover rate is out of this world, especially In new application department. They will hire anyone. Do yourself favor, and go elsewhere unless you want to be miserable forever.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Are you interested in law school?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always in need of Admins- Support Specialists and New Application Specialists. Will always try to low ball new graduates. If you have firm experience, that is a bonus, use to your advantage. Negotiate high because yearly raises are garbage. I took Support Specialist position because I needed a job bad and it did not seem too stressful (and is not). I had friends though that moved to New Applications and hated it. Whatever happens, do not go there.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oliff Berridge (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

I wouldn't describe it as an interview process, but more of a parade. There is no interview, but more of a meet-and-greet. After two to three rounds of phone interviews where you talk about what you have done in life, they fly you to the main office in Alexandria, Virginia. They ask you on Thursday or Friday if you can catch a plane on Tuesday morning. You meet with one of the head partners, who is pleasant but reeks of being overworked and harassed. He then parades you around to five or six life-time employees. They are all pleasantly surprised to meet you, seemingly unaware that you were being flown in to interview. You get to know each of them fairly well before being whisked away to the next person. Finally, you meet with an HR representative, who then lets you know if you will be meeting the executive board early the next morning. That entails meeting with people at a board room who actually ask you questions about your resume. I was led to believe that this was a rubber stamp.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was "tell me about yourself" because it is asked half a dozen times.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oliff Berridge (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

The interview process has changed since I interviewed but for an administrative position, you will likely meet with the HR personnel and then with the manager of the department you are interested in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You could probably negotiate depending on how desperate they are but they are almost always desperate since the turnover rate is so high.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oliff Berridge in July 2012.

Interview

I got sent in for an interview by a staffing agency. It was an easy process and got the job the same day. The salary was average for the position.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oliff Berridge (Alexandria, VA) in April 2009.

Interview

Interviewed one on one with several attorneys. Then I was brought back for a group interview with the top partners in the firm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was made an offer and accepted.

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliff Berridge in January 2009.

Interview

The firm was extremely clean and organized and it seemed the firm had a very unique schedule requirement to its employees. It appeared everyone I talked to was nice. However, other friends told me that working therein could be tough. Anyway, I did not get an offer.