Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Host Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Host Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

2.0

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email to schedule an interview. I scheduled my interview at 3 pm for the following week. When I got there,there were two other people waiting to be interviewed at the same time. My first interview went well and they invited me to a second interview. My second interview was not so great. I arrived there 10 minutes until my interview. While I was waiting, another person showed up and stated that they were there for an interview with the GM at the same time. When the GM came out, he interviewed the person that showed up after me first. And then when he got to me, it seemed like he didn't want to interview me because he didn't have any of my information from the previous interview, and even laughed when I asked a question. At the end he just wrote my name and number on some random piece of paper and that was it. It seemed like he already knew who he was going hire and just interviewed me for no reason, I'm glad I did not get this job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was given two interviews. One with a manager and the next day with the General Manager. The wait for both were about 30 minutes. Was hired on the second interview and was told they would call back in a day or two for paperwork, took 2 weeks to get a call back.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Approximately 4 different interviews with each manager (one on one). Same questions with each.
    Questions included:
    Describe what team work means to you.
    Define the job that you are applying for.
    How would you handle a customer who is not having a good time?
    Why do you want to work here?
    Managers were very friendly and make you feel comfortable. The employees seemed very close and were a very diverse group.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Victoria, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

He just looked over my resume and asked me why I wanted to work there then asked if I would be attending college

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work there cause I just wanted money LOL   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Asheville, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

Walked in and asked for a job, was told to come back a couple hours later, interviewed immediately with the GM and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really tricky, though before offering me the job he mentioned how awful the economy was and how it was not a good time to be hiring in the restaurant and asked for my thoughts on that. Don't remember what I said, though obviously it was just some kind of test since I was hired shortly after.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't ask for a specific pay rate and was offered 9 per hour. Not bad for a job at 19 with no restaurant experience.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and went in to hand in resumé a few days later. Received a callback within days and was scheduled for an interview within the next two or three days. Waited VERY PATIENTLY for a manager to interview me. Had two same day interviews with two different managers.

Interview Questions

• "Why did you choose Olive Garden in particular?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

8.50 per hour

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Grand Forks, ND) in May 2013.

Interview

Apply online. If they're interested, they send an email asking for you to call back within a few days to set up an interview. I applied online on Saturday morning and got the email Sunday evening. I had my interview the next day with one of the managers. It was very short and basic questions; I'm sure they go into more detail for some potential employees, but I have 3 years of prior hostess experience. The whole interview was probably less than ten minutes. He offered me the job on the spot, matching what I made at my other hostess job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you helped a new coworker feel at home.   Answer Question

Negotiation

He asked what I wanted for pay, and I said I was open, so he told me he would match what I got at my previous job with potential to move up the pay scale once I was trained in.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online as a host and busser and got the email 3 days later so I called and got an interview set up for today. It seemed pretty quick. I walked in and was told to sit down and wait for the manager in the lobby area. The manager was nice but you can tell they are trying to bring out/test your social skills. We talked a bit about myself with some casual conversation added in. Mostly just getting to know me, very standard and conversational questions (nothing you should prepare for unless you are super unsocial). The hostess gave me a tour and then I reunited with the manager who stated they really wanted me to be as available as possible, and to plan to stay a while. I pretty much just respected him and acted maturely and I ended up getting offered the host position on the spot. The people at Olive Garden deserve a shout out.

Interview Questions

• Everything was really conversational, so I would just know how to conversate with a high-position individual.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's my first job so I pretty much went with the flow. A host is offered minimum wage (which I was fine with taking being my first job ever) while a busser is offered less but they get tips. In my case they brought it up randomly and quickly moved on.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in March 2013.

Interview

Was given the first interview, took about 5 minutes. Nice interviewer. Doesn't seem like much time to get to know someone... Then they say repeatedly they'll call you back but don't. I guess this is not uncommon but it sure is annoying. Seemed like a great place to work too.

Interview Questions

• None, the interview was so short didn't get asked much questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (California, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

applied and was called back for an interview, than received a guided walk through the restaurant. Called back for the second interview and was told I had the job and was given a training date.