Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Host/Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Host/Hostess Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Everyone that applies will get the interview. The interviews are very easy. Just be yourself and very open and honest, even if you have no experience in a restaurant. I didn't. You are more than likely to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Just asked me about myself and what I have accomplished. Be sure to bring a resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

It was easy and 15 mins long. There are usually 2 rounds. As long as you do your research you'll be okay. Sometimes the first round is a phone interview but the second one is usually in person in the restaurant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Humble, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied online on a friday and waited for an email. I was emailed on the following Sunday asked to call a number to get an interview. I called the number on a monday and was interviewed over the phone by a manager. The man only asked me about five or six question. the next day i got an email saying i didn’t get the job so yeah cool.

Interview Questions

• Who was your previous employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Charlotte, NC) in May 2019.

Interview

It is a two step interview process. You get interviewed by a regular manager in the first step and the second interview is with the general manager. It’s basic questions so you have to come up with elaborate answers.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview a week after I applied and then was given an in person interview. Manager was very chill and funny. We discussed every aspect of the job I would deal with on a daily basis and what we should expect from each other. Sadly I didn’t get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Roswell, GA) in January 2019.

Interview

I was sent an email about 3 days after I applied telling me to call a number. It had no ones name on it and I had no idea what company it was from. I went in to interview and the manager hadn't arrived to work yet and was 10 minutes late. When he arrived he seemed distracted and the actual interview wasn't more than 4 minutes. He sent me on my way after saying everyone has to work on Sunday and told me to think about it and call back. I did not call back.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Applied online on Olive Garden website, got a call to come in to interview. Had two separate interviews for the position. Pretty basic interview and questions. Interviewed by three different managers. Final interview was with general manager and they made the decision to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at OG? What will you bring to OG? Where do you see yourself in 1 year/ future goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Federal Way, WA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online in fall 2018 to a job listing that said there were host openings. Auto-email told me to call the restaurant that I applied to. Manager who answered the phone gave me an interview time to meet with the a different Manager. I arrived at the restaurant a few minutes before the scheduled time to meet with Manager. She kept me waiting over 15 minutes. When she finally came out to meet me, she walked over and asked me if I was interviewing for host/hostess and asked what my availability was. (We stayed out in the lobby. She stood and I was sitting.) I answered and then she said she did not have any open positions for host/hostess and I should call her later. She said she could have me do more paperwork today, but did not want to handle any extra forms that could be lost. I was disappointed to hear this, but I was interested in working here. I asked when she would like me to call back. I was told in 3 weeks. That is a long time for someone actively looking for work ahead of the busy holidays. I know I will not get every job that I apply for, but in a customer service job I expect to be treated decently by the person who would be my boss. Also, she did not thank me for taking the time to come to interview or for her not having an openings. And I do have restaurant experience, and experience with great restaurant managers. I did not plan to followup on this "interview," because it was clear this place was not for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? This was only question I was asked in a short interview. See Interview Process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Easy. Apply online and wait for a phone call. The male who interviewed me seemed very "stale." He had no personality but I tried giving him a "energized" interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your worst qualities   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Tampa, FL) in September 2018.

Interview

They called me interested but after learning that I can only work weekends because of school they LIED to me and said that you have to be 18 to work there.