Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Host/Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Host/Hostess Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Highlands Ranch, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

When I was hired, I only had one interview with two of the four managers at my location. Technically I had a little bit of a phone interview with the general manager. That was the hardest part of the interview process because I wasn't expecting it. They asked a lot about my prior work experience. I have heard from other hosts that typically there are two to three interviews before you are hired. It really isn't too difficult unless you aren't a very talkative person. Be willing to talk their ear off without being overly chatty and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Over the phone, they asked why I wanted to go to an in-state college.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate a higher wage if you have prior restaurant experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Gilbert, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was called back for two separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Weakness, and how you view yourself professionally   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in January 2014.

Interview

I applied early December and got an email a couple weeks later asking me to call in that week and make an interview. Before I got a chance to call, they called me and planned a interview about three weeks later.
    I went in and the staff greeted me warmly and chatted me up while I waited for a manager.
    The manager was very kind and asked me questions like "Why do you want to work here?" and asked me about my previous job experience - which was just a small cafe.
    She lead me to another host whom gave me a tour of the building and explained what to do at each station.
    The manager came back and then let me read a flier about dress code and explained where I could find shoes. She asked me if I had any questions and then told me if I wanted the job, it was mine.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

My first interview went as any other interview would go. They ask you those "why do you think I should hire you" type of questions. If they're interested in you, they'll call you in for another interview with the general manager. If they're also interested in you, they'll go ahead and ask you to start working on your uniform. In a couple of days, they'll call you with information about your training days.

Interview Questions

• How would you treat guests with Hospitaliano?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you can deal with pressure, go ahead and accept the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online for a hostess position and received an email to call and schedule an appointment the following week. The manager asked some basic questions and told me some stuff I would do if I got the job as a hostess.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

I received a phone call within 2 days of applying due to a high personality test score. I was Interviewed in 3 days by two managers, since the third manager was on vacation it was only two. After the interview, I was given a tour of the restaurant. On this tour of the restaurant, the guide will lead you around the store explaining how each area functioned. The guide will determine whether you're a good fit for the restaurant and employees, they will let the manager know what they think. After the tour, I was offered the job and started working the following week.

Interview Questions

• I didn't encountered and difficult or unexpected questions, since I'm familiar with customer service at a restaurant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When interviewing with a manager make sure you smile, are very friendly, and demonstrate that you exceed in customer service.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was a bit confusing. I was interviewed, the manager gave really great feedback but didn't proceed to hire me. The manager told me he would get back to within a day, took 7 days just to get turned down. I'm pretty sure my age played a role in not getting it. Olive Garden does sell liquor so the ACTUAL age requirement might be 18.

Anonymous Employee in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Coon Rapids, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and it took about a month or two for them to get back to me. They sent me an email asking to call to speak with a manager, and I was surprised after I had applied so long ago. I guess they weren't hiring at the time that I applied. I called and set up an interview. It was a good experience, the woman who interviewed me was very pleasant during the interview. They then took me on a "Peer tour" (simply a tour of the restaurant so that the employees could meet me). They said I would hear back in a couple of days. A couple of days later, they called me and asked me to come in for a second interview. The second interview was with an even friendlier person and he hired me during the interview.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got called in for an in person interview with the staffing manager that lasted about 5 minutes, and then after she decided she liked me, she told me to call back in 2 weeks when she got back from vacation. After I called back, she set up a second interview for me with another manager. My second interview was about 10 minutes long, the second manager was very nice, and it went very well.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer came up to you extremely upset?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Jonesboro, AR) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was short and sweet. It was very to the point but made it feel more comfortable than stuffy during training. You trained with multiple people and you even sampled cuisine and wine in order to better assist your customers.

Interview Questions

• They asked what person talents or interests I had and how they would benefit me here.   1 Answer