Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server/Bartender Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server/Bartender Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy, online followed by two in store interviews took two weeks, way too long. Then another week before training began. Training was a joke, very unprofessional. All employees expressed hatred of the job customers and management from day one. Training was two weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Two round interviews, a couple of questions, very personable and down to earth. Some of the standard questions, but they wanted to hear from you and how you would fit in their team

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and simple. Nothing out of the ordinary. You definitely do not need to be good at interviews for this job. This is a good place to have your first job because of how easy the interview process is.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Portland, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

It took a few tries but eventually they called me for the third interview and I got the job I had to keep calling them multiple times though to show how much I wanted it

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

They do not accept paper applications, so just go to the website and apply, but it does not hurt to go in to shake hands with the manager and make sure they look at the application. I had gotten a call back within an hour of applying & talking with the manager to schedule a formal interview. After that I interviewed with both the service manager and GM, then was formally offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions to determine my integrity and honesty, as well as work history and how I would handle mock situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Midland, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty basic interview if you've applied to work for a restaurant before. They asked how much experience I had in the hospitality industry and told me a little bit about the company. I first applied online, and then got an email to come in for an in-person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Morrow, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

There are 2 interviews one with a store manager and one with general manager. I did both interviews on the same day. The interview with store manager was not as formal. The GM interview was a little more in depth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bourbonnais, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Bourbonnais, IL).

Interview

Had to wait at least 40 minutes to interview with someone, then the interview was very short. Had another interview with someone higher up who offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

3 step interview, First part is just to get a feel for you as a person. Second one is a peer interview by an employee that has high influence there. If you make it pass the first two prepare for your third. The General Manager doesn’t play at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self.

What can you offer us?

Have you ever handled a difficult situation? Etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Yakima, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Sat with GM for probably ten minutes in closed section of the restaurant. He told me all about Olive Garden and it's "values." Then asked me if I had more than one piercing. I did. Told me I had to take one out; only one facial piercing is allowed at OG. Then asked about my tattoos. He looked me over and decided they were "appropriate enough," then said he would call in a week. They did. I started training the next day.

Interview Questions

• Appearance: tattoos, piercings, etc.   1 Answer