Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server/Waiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server/Waiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Santa Clarita, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

You will receive a call to make an interview appointment. When you arrive, manager will discuss and ask about your previous work experience along with "what would you do" scenarios.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Server/Waiter Interview

Interview

The interview process was very professional and fair. They were good about letting me know how to prepare for the interview before it took place. The interview was with the store manager. I was asked to take a menu knowledge exam.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers? What is your favorite dish at Olive Garden? What wine would you pair with chicken marsala?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Detroit, MI) in August 2018.

Interview

The interviewer was polite and fun. Easy going as well. I got hired on the spot and within 5 days I was starting. I would have started sooner if I hadnt came across some personal issues

Interview Questions

• What dd I do in my free time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Thousand Oaks, CA).

Interview

They ask about your background(explain yourself in brief detail don't go to far), if you have any kind of restaurant experience, and then ask if you would be able to perform the job duties and what makes you suitable for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Lubbock, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

It was actually somewhat difficult to get a job at Olive Garden for a while, I had to send them my resume like 3 or 4 times until finally they gave me a call back to come in for a interview. I met with one of the managers and she met with me in the front of the restaurant by the bar and went over my application and then told me she would give me a call to let me know when the training would start with 4 or 5 other new trainees

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been a server before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Woods, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Laguna Woods, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Went through two separate interviews. One with the floor manager and one with the general manager. Took a total of two days to get the job. Overall, interview was not too difficult. Got hired on the spot after the second interview and proceded with a tour of the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?
      How can you contribute to this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Prescott, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Meet with one manager if they like your interview then you meet with a 2nd manager. They ask job history, job exp, reliable transportation. It was a very quick and fairly painless process.

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Kirkland, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

I had three interviews. Each one seemed pretty easy to me. Mostly they just tried to surprise me with different styles of management and as long as you are able to take everything in stride and convince them you have a great attitude as well as a clean presentation I think they are pretty liberal on their hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to handle a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in January 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call over the weekend asking when a good time for an interview was. I scheduled one with an assistant manager on that Tuesday then had my second, with the general manager, that Thursday where I was hired on the spot. Friendly atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Concord, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through an introduction, and two interview with separate managers, spread out over two days. The interview took place in the restaurant at a booth, and was fairly simple. They didn't come across excited, nor were they rude, but overall did well. I found the majority of the questions pertained less to my knowledge on the food industry and more about who I am.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions about back ground, what does teamwork mean to you? How would you respond to this scenario, what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses? Fairly typical interview questions.   Answer Question