Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server/Waiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server/Waiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Prescott, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Meet with one manager if they like your interview then you meet with a 2nd manager. They ask job history, job exp, reliable transportation. It was a very quick and fairly painless process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Kirkland, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

I had three interviews. Each one seemed pretty easy to me. Mostly they just tried to surprise me with different styles of management and as long as you are able to take everything in stride and convince them you have a great attitude as well as a clean presentation I think they are pretty liberal on their hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to handle a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in January 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call over the weekend asking when a good time for an interview was. I scheduled one with an assistant manager on that Tuesday then had my second, with the general manager, that Thursday where I was hired on the spot. Friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Lubbock, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

It was actually somewhat difficult to get a job at Olive Garden for a while, I had to send them my resume like 3 or 4 times until finally they gave me a call back to come in for a interview. I met with one of the managers and she met with me in the front of the restaurant by the bar and went over my application and then told me she would give me a call to let me know when the training would start with 4 or 5 other new trainees

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been a server before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Woods, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Laguna Woods, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Went through two separate interviews. One with the floor manager and one with the general manager. Took a total of two days to get the job. Overall, interview was not too difficult. Got hired on the spot after the second interview and proceded with a tour of the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?
      How can you contribute to this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Humble, TX).

Interview

I sat down and talked to the manager. He asked me a few questions, then told me about what they do at the Olive Garden Restaurant, He showed me the menu and explained a few of the items they sell, how they are prepared, and what the qualifications and expectations of the job were.

Interview Questions

• Did I like being around people? Why was I applying at Olive Garden?   Answer Question

Not my cup of tea.

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Denton, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process was pretty good, I met with the culinary manager, then he recommended me to meet with a certified trainer (another server on staff, this typically checks for a cultural fit), and then I met with the main manager. I heard back a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation when you had to act quickly to something that happened around you? How'd you react, what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well as a server you make tips so there really wasn't too much of a negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Westbury, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. They ask you to come back if they like you for a second to talk to the other management. They want to know how determined you are to make money and work hard to get it.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make a week?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

You get an email saying to call to the restaurant to set up an interview with the manager, after that you meet up with the manager and they ask you silly questions, they seem to be interested on what you are saying but they don't.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see doing in the future ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Pensacola, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process mostly centered on behavioral questions. It seemed the interviewer wanted to learn how long I would stay with the company. She also wanted to know how I would handle difficult customers. There was a personality multiple choice test as well. Honestly, I felt that the interviewer just wanted to double check that I was a reasonable, friendly person and was not crazy.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with upset customers? Why are you interested in this position? How do you deal with stress? Are you willing to work a flexible schedule? What is your favorite foot that Olive Garden offers? How do you keep calm when you are feeling busy? How do you relax yourself? How would you describe yourself as a person? How do you try to act friendly to guests?   Answer Question