Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server/Waitress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server/Waitress Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in early, I was greeted by the host and was asked to it in the dining room. I was asked if I was thirsty to let anyone know. It was me and another woman applying for the postion, and the general manager sat us down and talked to us for a few mintutes about what is expected. She was very nice, funny, but straight forward. Then I sat and waited for a minute, and talked to another server, then I was interviewed by the service manager, they both asked me typical interview questions. I think I did so well that they then I was asked to come back for a 3rd interiew!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (San Luis Obispo, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Very easy and casual. First set up in person interview over the phone. Came in and spoke with manager and she asked me basic experience and personality questions. Then spoke with another manager who asked very similar questions in tegards to my experience and why I want to work there.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I arrived about 10 minutes early and was greeted promptly by kind hostesses who seemed to already know I was an interviewee. I had to wait about 20 minutes before the manager came to interview me. When we sat down, I began by introducing myself then addressing the managers more basic questions. After which he asked me to read something on attire. After the reading, I was asked more questions, the last being if I wanted the job. When I said yes, I was hired on the spot! First interview!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Olive Garden?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Katy, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in just to get an application and the host let me meet the manager. He did tell me to come back later on because it was busy. I came back the same time, he was there at the door, I sat down with them, basic get to know you interview. I have had no paid working experience. He seemed to have interested and he let the certified trainer show me around the restaurant. Soon as you know it , he told me to get my TABC certified done, uniform, and finish the application online. He called back two days later, to check if I was ready for orientation the next few days.! Really non intense interview and the olive garden I got hired at, is always busy.

Interview Questions

• Age, Experience, What you did at job, Teamwork/Leadership skills, how to handle customer complaints, best customer experiences, can you adjust to a fast paced job, how is your schedule, are you in school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Kennesaw, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

You go through three different interview processes which is tedious but they are very easy!
    I applied online I waited three days i didnt get a call so i called them and expressed interest! i always went in and introduced myself to the management and told them my interest in becoming part of their team.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Server/Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Applied to two locations and was contacted by email for interviews at both locations within two weeks. Email insteucted me to call the location and ask to speak to a manager (I was on hold for 10-15 minutes.) Once in contact with the manager we negotiated interview times and they were very flexible and accommodating. I interviewed for the first time within that week which took about 10 minutes and a second time with a different manager the next week which took about 5 minutes. I was then hired on spot and given an orientation date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview with a manager who will ask you about your skills and why do you want to work for Olive Garden. A peer tour and interview with someone in your chosen position to show you what your position entails and see if you would be a great fit with the team. A final interview with General Manager who find out more about you and make the final decision depending upon the opinions of the first interview and the peer tour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Olive Garden?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Salem, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

At first, for 2 weeks, they were unable to locate my online application and told me that my confirmation number was useless. Eventually they found it. I was told by an employee that I had scored very high on the personality text and that the hiring manager was going to set up an interview. I never received a call and was told to call and ask for one.
    The interview was very rushed, about 6-10 minutes. He asked me to tell him about myself and then asked what my favorite food item to Olive Garden was. I told him. He then asked me to "sell" it to him. Though I understand the concept of doing that, I felt ill prepared and as it was a specialty item that they rarely served, so I could not even remember ingredients. He informed me that that was a dish he did not like. That made it even more difficult. In the end I almost cried and left. I have not heard back. No surprise there.

Interview Questions

• What happened at (previous job)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Foxborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Foxborough, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

2 interviews, one with the HR manager and one with the general manager. I received an employee referral from my sister-in-law, I had to apply online and then the HR manager looked for my application. Given the fact that it was a referral the interview process actually took longer than expected. It took a week for me to get my first interview, a week for my second interview, and then after I got the job it took another 2 weeks for them to start putting me on the schedule for training.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very quick 15 minute or so meeting with the hiring manager.
    One should dress in business attire and be well prepared physically and mentally. This is a very straight forward process. In general, questions involve: why you want to work here, how did you hear about this job, what are you currently doing/pursuing in life, etc.,

Interview Questions

• What experience, working in a restaurant, do you have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none