Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server Assistant/Busser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server Assistant/Busser Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

1.8

Server Assistant/Busser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a week and a half later telling me to call and schedule an interview. It was pretty laid back. We talked mainly about me and what I was going to school for, if I had any previous restaurant experience (which I don't), what I thought the job would entail and why I wanted to work there. Afterwards I went on a peer tour with an employee who showed me around and answered any questions I might have. Then they told me to come in again the next day for an interview with a different manager. I came in the next day and the other manager told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty easy. The only ones I was asked were: Why do you want to work here? Describe the position you applied for to the best of your ability. All the other questions were just geared toward me (my major, what school I go to, my availability, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked whether I wanted to be full-time or part-time. I chose part-time.

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Mansfield, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application and a month after I got am email to set up an interview. I went to the interview, and the hiring manager was very bland. He asked me about 5 questions, maybe a little more, and only said one word responses, he didn't seem to be into the interview. He didn't ask me many into-detail questions, but did ask me if I had any questions at the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Harlingen, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

Talked to the gm and trainer and another manager they seemed nice and asked a lot of questions. All seemed to really enjoy the answers i gave them and my attitude.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Busser/Server Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail the next day to set up an interview. The interview took place the following day after that. The actual interview was less than 5 minutes, so I was in and out very quickly. I was told they would check with my references and I'd be hearing from them via e-mail or phone call sometime later in the week. The next day, however, I received an e-mail telling me I didn't get the job. So at the very least the process was quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted to work at Olive Garden and then standard questions about my availability/job experience. Then I was asked maybe 4 or 5 typical situational questions.   1 Answer

Busser/Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Valley Stream, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Got there 15min early and had to wait a half hour for the manager to come out. They give you a form to fill out to see your availability in the meantime. The interview would have probably gone well but because weekends are mandatory for most of the positions and I didn't want to work weekends, the interview didn't last very long and I wasn't not given an offer. I don't know why I was even called in for an interview when I said I wasn't available on weekends when I applied online.