Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server/Waiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server/Waiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Forest Park, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

" Tuesday " Applied online and immediately called in to speak with a hiring manager . Got asked to come in the next day " Wednesday " to meet with a manager . He asked me basic interview questions and asked me to come in the next day " Thursday " to meet with another manager . Came in the next day " Thursday " and went over the basic required things needed to work there. Liquor/alcohol license is require to get " $75 " . And was asked to bring all those things in Monday so we can start orientation . " I got the job " .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They ask you how much you expect to make ! So be honest and they will work with you .

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Cape Girardeau, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Cape Girardeau, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was broken up into parts. You'll meet with one manager who will do the basic questions. If that manager likes you you will be asked to come back to speak with the general manager. If the general manager likes you then your on.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you possess that would be useful as a server at Olive Garden?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Westbury, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. They ask you to come back if they like you for a second to talk to the other management. They want to know how determined you are to make money and work hard to get it.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make a week?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Denton, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process was pretty good, I met with the culinary manager, then he recommended me to meet with a certified trainer (another server on staff, this typically checks for a cultural fit), and then I met with the main manager. I heard back a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation when you had to act quickly to something that happened around you? How'd you react, what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well as a server you make tips so there really wasn't too much of a negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Humble, TX).

Interview

I sat down and talked to the manager. He asked me a few questions, then told me about what they do at the Olive Garden Restaurant, He showed me the menu and explained a few of the items they sell, how they are prepared, and what the qualifications and expectations of the job were.

Interview Questions

• Did I like being around people? Why was I applying at Olive Garden?   Answer Question

Not my cup of tea.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

You get an email saying to call to the restaurant to set up an interview with the manager, after that you meet up with the manager and they ask you silly questions, they seem to be interested on what you are saying but they don't.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see doing in the future ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Pensacola, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process mostly centered on behavioral questions. It seemed the interviewer wanted to learn how long I would stay with the company. She also wanted to know how I would handle difficult customers. There was a personality multiple choice test as well. Honestly, I felt that the interviewer just wanted to double check that I was a reasonable, friendly person and was not crazy.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with upset customers? Why are you interested in this position? How do you deal with stress? Are you willing to work a flexible schedule? What is your favorite foot that Olive Garden offers? How do you keep calm when you are feeling busy? How do you relax yourself? How would you describe yourself as a person? How do you try to act friendly to guests?   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Basic interview questions, previous work experience. The hiring process is extremely quick and easy. Server experience is not a requirement for the job. Although the training is five days long about 6-7 hours

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Watertown, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The first thing I had to do was apply online and take a personality assessment test. Once I passed that, I was contacted by the hiring manager for a face-to-face interview. They liked the fact that I already had experience in the restaurant business. The interview was pretty basic. I was told that I got the job and started training shortly after, I believe it was within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any previous restaurant experience, how would I respond to certain situations, and how much money I was wanting to make.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

A hiring manager took about 30 minutes to ask a lengthy list of question and you had to take a long survey. After you are offered the job, there are multiple tests that must be completed in order to get the final hire. The test consisted of filling in a blank menu's description of the dishes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer had a complaint?   1 Answer