Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Line Cook Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

1.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

A formal yet simple interview with a few questions. We got to know each other better since I admitted I’m doing a career change. They asked what type of experience I have, have I ever worked with food etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Rock Hill, SC) in September 2019.

Interview

I had two interviews and a tour of the establishment. The head chef and general manager were very helpful and descriptive with expectations, opportunities, and benefits with employment. Overall it was an average difficulty interview. However, right now it has been four weeks and I still have not heard back

Interview Questions

• Why you applied to this job, what you're expecting, what you can bring to the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Port Charlotte, FL) in July 2019.

Interview

Very brief and precise the manager really just went over resume and got a second interview on the spot. They asked about pay rate and tested my knowledge of kitchen waste and protocols.

Line Cook Interview

Interview

Very relaxed and brief. Make sure to call and follow up for an interview. I applied, interviewed, and got the job within 4 days. However, I applied as a dish washer and they were currently in high need of dish washers. But most often they always do need kitchen staff more than front of the house staff. I recommend applying during the busy months (fall - winter) as that is when they need labor the most.

Interview Questions

• Whats your experience working in the kitchen? What are your current plans for the future? They try to gauge your experience and personality. If you do not have much experience, they will most likely start you off in the dish pit but the starting pay would still be the same. Most of it is "entry level" so do not worry if you do not have much experience, just come genuine. They look for personality more than experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Killeen, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview was brief, having experience definitely helps. I previously worked for Olive Garden so I may not have been interviewed as a typical applicant. Once you apply online you should follow up within a few days in person to show your interest in the position, it helps, trust me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Olive Garden?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Burbank, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Fast easy and crazy! I got hired on the spot promised a lot of things still haven't received it. It was such a blur I was tired and depressed from losing my job just days before. Overall easy experience

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

I applied and got a call 2 days later, got an interview scheduled for the next week. I showed up reasonably early and the lady that was interviewing me was late and had a whole other situation going on. The interview didn't feel put together and she was distracted the whole time. She just asked me questions about my schedule and told me the position I applied for was never needed and that they only needed servers.

Interview Questions

• What do you plan on doing after college? Goals?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in June 2016.

Interview

It was quick and painless. Everyone. Was very friendly and,welcoming. The questions were relevant and they took relevant note . They had me in for two interviews, one with the BOH manager one with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had a conflict with a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with Culinary Manager and GM. Asked a couple questions regarding who I was and what background I came from. Had to meet with both managers on different days. Also did a peer interview with another line cook.

Interview Questions

• Any kitchen background, general questions to get to know me and my desires.   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call 2 days after I applied online, interviewed 2 days later, and had orientation 4 days later. The manager who interviewed me was really busy at the time, and had to keep leaving to take care of things. I don't think I answered a single question fully, because they kept getting interrupted. Not a big deal for me, but three minutes after I sat down, the manager said I was giving off good vibes, and that I was hired. Literally the easiest interview in my life.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any kitchen experience?   1 Answer