Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Line Cook Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

1.6

Anonymous Employee in North Dartmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (North Dartmouth, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

It was clearly explained to me what to expect from the establishment and how the kitchen runs and I was introduced to other team members and took a tour all around the establishment to learn more about the business as a whole

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be honest about what you can do and be clear and concise with your communication

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Mount Pleasant, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a hiring fair. I got a phone call and arrived at the restaurant a few days later. You fill out paperwork and then you wait to be interviewed. Interview was easy. This was a unique process because the restaurant was having its grand opening. We got a lot of training from culinary professionals around the state. Pretty much everyone was hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you make sure you are handling food safely?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a number and I said yes!

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in September 2015.

Interview

I received an email to call in 48 hours but the manager called me the next day which was on a Sunday. Set up interview I went was asked to come back came back for second interview and had to wait a very long time just to have a 8 minute interview with the chef to tell me they would get back to me. I received an email two days later letting me know I didn't get the job

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Winter Park, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

It was basically a joke. I hated every second of it. This place is seriously the biggest waste of time if you are looking for a real job and any advancment what so ever. Dont waste your time here, you will regret it.

Anonymous Employee in Greece, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Greece, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

applied online got a email called them got a interview the next day 1st interview lasted about 10 mins got second interview which was really just quick questions and salary requirements

Interview Questions

• What did you love about your last job?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in October 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews and both were friendly and positive, did not make me feel uncomfortable. They asked me about my availability and were very accommodating. Negotiation of pay and offer was reasonable.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been cooking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Concord, NH).

Interview

It took 10 min. I had line cook experience from a few years before. they offered me 10 bucks an hour and said they would get in trouble if they offered more. I took it knowing I wasn't going to be there long.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Buford, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was easy, i walked in the restaurant and requested to see the culinary manager. I asked him if they were hiring and that prior to coming here i applied online. The made it easy for him to pull up my application while I waited.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call 2 days after I applied online, interviewed 2 days later, and had orientation 4 days later. The manager who interviewed me was really busy at the time, and had to keep leaving to take care of things. I don't think I answered a single question fully, because they kept getting interrupted. Not a big deal for me, but three minutes after I sat down, the manager said I was giving off good vibes, and that I was hired. Literally the easiest interview in my life.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any kitchen experience?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in June 2016.

Interview

It was quick and painless. Everyone. Was very friendly and,welcoming. The questions were relevant and they took relevant note . They had me in for two interviews, one with the BOH manager one with the GM.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had a conflict with a coworker.   1 Answer