Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Prep Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Prep Cook Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Longview, TX).

Interview

Had to wait 15-20 mins to be seen. The interview only lasted for a couple minutes and was more of an interrogation than an interview. No opportunities to ask questions. Just a handshake and then gone. Got called two days later at night missed the call. Called the next day that morning got put hold on for 20 mins. Hung up called back got told rudely they were too busy with lunch rush to call back at 3-4 then they hung up. Called back only to be told it was just a follow up call to make sure I even set up an interview. Then later that night I received an email saying that they could not offer me the job instead of telling me when I called earlier. Super unprofessional experience all the way around.

Interview Questions

• Why this why that why this why that then done? Not the best interview experience ever.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Clovis, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Went through 3 interviews (one with each manager). The first one was with the Kitchen Manager, and the others with the General Manager and Service Manager took place the day after the initial one. All together, they took a few hours. Standard questions were asked (e.g. why do you want to work here, elaborate on your experience, etc. Each interview went really well. The managers explicitly said that they liked me/my experience. I was lead to believe that I would be hired, and would receive a phone call within a few days. However, I did NOT get an offer, and it took 3 weeks to get the canned "thank you for applying, but we can't offer you a job at this time" email. Why put me through 3 interviews if you're not going to hire me? Huge waste of my time.

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (McKinney, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a quick easy process. I met with the general manger. He gave me a tour of the restaurant and explained to me what exactly they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• What are your past experiences?   1 Answer

Prep Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

It was quick. I had two interviews at the spot. They asked me a lot of questions, but they were easy questions. They want to know more about my interests and why I applied there. They also want to know how long I might stay there.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience? What kind of positions are you interested in? What's your career? What's your availability? Why did you apply to Olive Garden? How long do you plan to work at Olive Garden?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Flagstaff, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

The process took about one week after applying online to initialize. First contact was by phone. First interview was 20 minutes. My first impression was good except the hiring manager had a at times difficult accent to understand. I was asked about previous work and experience and how I handled certain difficult work situations in the past. I was asked to return for one more interview in which I was welcomed aboard and informed about the kind of work I would be doing. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• "How did you handle a very busy and complex working situation in the past?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation did not really exist. They offered me 10/hour and I had no bargaining room for increase.

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Lakewood, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Online. Did Assessment then received an E Mail 2 days later requesting me to call to set up an interview. Called Interview set for the next day. Had 1st interview, went fine. Normal interview questions like personality & work ethics. It took about 1 hour to go thru all that including the Assessment test. 2 nd interview set up for a week later.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a Server that is yelling because she has a 25 min ticket?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiations its pretty cut & dried in this area of NY

Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (North Little Rock, AR) in September 2012.

Interview

I Filled out a Applacation on line and a week or so later i got a email saying they would like to interview me. and I needed to call and set up a time that would be good for all parties. I called and they said to come in the next day I had my first interview then they wanted me to interview with the GM of the store

Interview Questions

• there really wasnt anything hard really you just have to be yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was good we both walked away happy

Prep Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in July 2019.

Interview

Interviewed for a prep cook position, but after my experience they hired me into a full time Line Cook position. I knew someone already working there, so I was asked basic questions like what I wanted to make an hour and my availability.