Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

2.0

272 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Bedford, NH) in January 2018.

Interview

i applied online and got an email the next day telling me to call to set up an interview. i called that day and it seemed like the manager didn’t even look at my application. i had only worked one retail job for two years and she didn’t seem impressed, saying “that’s it?”. i was able to set up an interview for the next day, where i had told her i would be comfortable working as a server or a hostess. i already have great customer service down, so it would just be a little more training. she was kinda rude the whole interview, but set up an interview with a different manager a few days from then. i went for my second interview and talked to a completely different manager than the first day or the one i was supposed to talk to. He was very nice and told me they have a great training system so i would do fine. he said i’m clearly good with the customers so i would be a good fit. He had to talk to someone about scheduling training sessions but he would call me the next day to see what my schedule was. it was the weekend and i never got a call. i figured they were busy so i decided i would call them. i was waiting to get out of school to call them, but then i got the typical email saying they couldn’t offer me a job. i was applying to olive garden as a second job, so i didn’t really need it. however i feel like they definitely wasted my time, when i could have been looking for another job, maybe one where they’re actually honest with you. frustrating that i was told i could be trained and all of a sudden it’s a no go. i feel like there should be more communication.

Interview Questions

• open availability on weekends?   1 Answer
  • have you served before? what work experience do you have?   1 Answer
  • the guy asked me to explain a customer experience situation where i dealt with a rude customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Warwick, RI) in December 2017.

Interview

Met with service manager for a brief interview, then about a week later met with general manager for an even more brief interview. Both managers were very nice and I was offered the job on the spot.

Server Interview

Interview

Transferred from another Olive Garden to this one and the interview process was more of a formal introduction then an actual interview but was still horrible. Waited almost an hour for the general manager to come talk to me, and barely got an, "I'm sorry". An interview that should've lasted all of 15-20 mins max lasted an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work on the weekends, specifically Sunday?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grandview Plaza, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Grandview Plaza, KS).

Interview

The first interview was fast, they basically asked me about me, how much I wanted to earn, and why I wanted to work at Olive Garden. I wish they would tell you right away if they are offering a part time or a full time, that way you don't have to waste your time on going.

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Bolingbrook, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Tuesday, received an e-mail about an hour later telling me to call to get an interview. Called, got an interview on Wednesday, waited 15 minutes and then the interview itself took about 15 minutes. Was hired on the spot and asked to come into orientation the following Saturday.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

It started with an online application. I was then called in for an in person interview. It was face to face with the front of house manager. After my interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• You have a guest that is upset about their bread sticks being cold, how do you address it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Irving, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

It went well in the beginning but when I met with the manager, he just made me feel uncomfortable. Since I didnt have experience they didnt want to give me the job

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Got called in for an interview and hired on the spot. The interview was mostly based around previous experience and what your availability is. It is required to work a certain number of weekday lunches per week.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Received a phone call to come in for the fist interview. Sat down with the assistant manager who asked me a lot of basic questions but was very straightforward about working at OG. Was invited back for a second interview with the GM, who left the table for two phone calls during the interview. Got the job but quit shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Select a dessert from the menu and sell it to a potential customer.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Had 2 interviews after applying online. One with the general manager and one with the store manager. The first was super easy with the general interview questions. The second was a lot harder but not too bad. He had me sell him my favorite food, which was basically me just enthusiastically describing my favorite dessert and using key flavor words like "fresh".