Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.1

254 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

It started with an online application. I was then called in for an in person interview. It was face to face with the front of house manager. After my interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• You have a guest that is upset about their bread sticks being cold, how do you address it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Irving, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

It went well in the beginning but when I met with the manager, he just made me feel uncomfortable. Since I didnt have experience they didnt want to give me the job

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Got called in for an interview and hired on the spot. The interview was mostly based around previous experience and what your availability is. It is required to work a certain number of weekday lunches per week.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Received a phone call to come in for the fist interview. Sat down with the assistant manager who asked me a lot of basic questions but was very straightforward about working at OG. Was invited back for a second interview with the GM, who left the table for two phone calls during the interview. Got the job but quit shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Select a dessert from the menu and sell it to a potential customer.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Had 2 interviews after applying online. One with the general manager and one with the store manager. The first was super easy with the general interview questions. The second was a lot harder but not too bad. He had me sell him my favorite food, which was basically me just enthusiastically describing my favorite dessert and using key flavor words like "fresh".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online on a Thursday, received an email requesting to call for an interview on Saturday, made the interview for that coming Tuesday. Arrived to the interview on time, however there were two people ahead of me waiting to be interviewed. I ended up being the last interview of the day. I waited in the lobby for over half an hour before the manager came to retrieve me. I was nervous and kept wiping my hand on my pants, but the manager didn't even extend his hand to for me to shake it. I thought that was weird because I had watched him shake the guy's hand in front of me. He took me to an empty dining area to interview me.
    Immediately, he seemed really distracted.. Looking at his phone, calling out to other servers, sitting sideways in the chair like he just wanted to get it over with. He didn't even know my first name. I don't think he reviewed my resume before I arrived, I felt like what I told him about me, he was learning for the first time. He asked basic questions, what's your biggest strength/weakness, salary expectations, why should we hire you, etc. When the interview was over, I was left very confused.

He said they'd let me know by Thursday if they wanted a second interview. Haven't heard anything, but honestly wasn't expecting to. I think he was just going through the motions with me because we had an interview scheduled and I was still there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Henderson, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

I got called in to the Henderson location and we had a regular interview. She said the tips will be very low and I was still interested. She said I`m getting the 2nd round and she even introduced me to future colleagues. She said I will get the email about the 2nd round the following week. Then all of what i got was an automated message that I didn`t get the job. I have no clue why she wasted her workers time to introduce me and told me this if she didn`t even want me for 2nd round...

Server Interview

Interview

I applied online. The process took less than a week.

Very short and simple. It seemed almost the answers to the questions didn't matter , they were going to hire me either way because they hire in bulk in a constant basis.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in June 2017.

Interview

I first interviewed with the manager. She asked me about myself, how much I wanted to work, and about availability/if I had another job (which I do but said I'd be willing to quit) Then she asked if I had time for a second interview. The GM came and asked me about my experience, teamwork, and other duties from last jobs I've done that relate to the job. He asked me if I wanted the job and I accepted. He did NOT tell me to quit my other job, rather that it would work as long as I had a set schedule.

Server Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an email within 24 hours to call and set up an interview. Two part interview, first part was simply getting to know a lower level manager and a host gives you a tour