Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Server Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.0

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

Showed up and asked for a job. Was immediately sat down by the Service Manager for an interview. The interview itself was pretty standard stuff for the restaurant industry. I passed with flying colors with absolutely no preparation.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a situation where a guest was unhappy.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Columbus, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied around the middle of January 2017. I heard back on the 10th of March. The reason it took so long, was because the manager was in another state for business. I had an interview with one of the managers the day that I got the email asking for an interview. My interview was broken up into two days because the general manager was in a meeting at the time I came. The first interview with tone Manager was great. He was very informative and laid back. Told me what he expected and what he was looking for in an employee. He asked me to sell him a bottle of pepper. The second day when the general manager was free, we sat down and she asked a few questions, specifically my availability, strengths,weaknesses and such. I actually didn't end up getting the position I wanted. I applied to be a server but the GM insisted for me to start as a hostess because of my avaliablitiy right now.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 adjectives you can use to describe yourself?   1 Answer
    • What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

very simple and easy interview process. they ask basic questions and want to get to know you. no trick questions just simple and easy. everyone is so nice. nothing to stress about

Interview Questions

• tell me about your previous experience with customer service?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was with the service manager, he was super nice and it was very brief. Second interview was with the gm, he kinda seemed all over the place, didn't know what was going on or what position I was interviewing for and wasn't as friendly as the service manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (New York, NY).

Interview

The whole process was pretty easy. I went in to speak with a manager, took a personality test, and took a tour with one of the servers. Questions were focused around why do you want to be a server and what makes you think you would be a good one.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in January 2017.

Interview

After a lengthy online personality questioneer, contacted by email, only a few questions, seemed desperate for experienced servers. Hired on the spot after 5 mins. Training started 2 days later and on the floor in less than a week.

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (East Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Had no experience. Easy interview, basic questions. Hired on spot. Olive Garden is pretty open to training new people and they're always hiring. Just show you can talk to people.

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Carmel, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

They badly needed people so we basically just discussed my distance to work and reliable transportation. After that was confirmed I was hired. There wasn't any testing or apparent required knowledge/experience to apply.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

sort of weird... had an interview with one of the GSMs, and he didn't talk to me much, just looked at my resume and liked it i guess (i have background serving with disney), and brought over the GM and then hired me on the spot. i can't imagine this is what most of their interviews are like...

Interview Questions

• Name 3 white wines and 3 red wines and explain their flavor profile   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, both very brief. Most of it was just the managers explaining the ideas and goals of the company and what they expect from you. Asked basic questions about what good service was in my eyes and when have I had bad experiences. Overall the company seemed very friendly and caring of their employees.