Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Sever Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Sever Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Riverside, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It started with the online application. The hiring manager doesn't even like to come and meet any person seeking a job. Even if you call they simply pass you along so everything is based on your resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something from the menu?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Sever Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in September 2011.

Interview

Hiring and interview process very detailed and comprehensive. Multiple interviewers.

Interview Questions

• outrageously LONG psychological profile test; over 4 pages with multiple redundancies in questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They initially offered me a hostess position but less than a day into training they offered me a position as a waitress, supposedly higher earning potential.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Joseph, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Saint Joseph, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

I had a great experience during the hiring and interview process! I was looking to get back into the restaurant industry & knew without question Olive Garden was at the top of my list due to the service I always received as a customer there. So, I questioned my server when I was dining about career opportunities available, as well as discussing how well she liked working for Olive Garden. All great feedback, and the manager even took a couple of minutes to visit with me to discuss the hiring process. I applied online with Darden, got an e-mail in 3 days to call local Olive Garden & set up appt for interview. Interviewed 3 days later, was hired on the spot (was made aware that's not typical), attended orientation 2 days from interview date. The GM, as well as the hiring manager were very professional, prompt & open. I also met the 2 other managers of that store, and got the overall feeling of respect & great attitudes. After researching the company (Darden), meeting the managers & visiting with the employees of this locale, I was confident this was a great choice for a career opportunity. It's the ideal atmosphere for me to strive & grow, where customers and employees alike are treated like family (sorry for the cliche' which is the company's motto:), but it's true. I admire the staff & the managers already for the way they conduct themselves and especially, for the GM's thorough orientation presentation. He's very passionate about his job, expects hard work, honesty & discipline, while being relaxed & understanding at the same time. He only expects the same from his team & from what I could tell, that's exactly what they deliver under this leadership. I was highly motivated by the hiring process & now proud to call myself a team member of Darden & this Olive Garden in St. Joseph, MO.

*Note: This was only my experience and others may be different. I'm sure decisions are individually based, for example, job availability, experience, next orientation, etc. when it comes to the hiring process. Ultimately, I feel it comes down to the management team at a particular location. They have the key role to play, as only they know their needs for labor. The team with true leadership chooses who they feel with fit best in "their family". So, of course, I trust this team and company already, happy to give a positive review...because they hired me. So, maybe I am a little biased after all:)

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, as I was as thorough as possible in my application and resume'. Was just made aware that on my work availability portion of the online application, I asked for one day (Sunday) off out of seven days and told that was not possible. Nor are requesting off for certain holidays during peak season, which I already assumed. I explained I just chose any given date to ensure I would have at least one day off each week, and the hiring manager told me not to worry I would most likely always have two each week. Then I just had to give either day or night availability for Sundays, if I were even to be scheduled. She then proceeded to give me a set day I could have off, which I appreciated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was never negotiated. I just requested what I thought was a fair and reasonable salary for my given experience, and what it would take for me to work here. This is done in the online application process. I am confident, and assume they are as well, with the salary requested by me. I know that with my dedication, it is achievable (due to majority being tips). I am very happy with my starting hourly wage and LOVE the fact that I had health insurance the first day of hiring at a very affordable rate.

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Mentor, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Online test was followed by a 30 minute interview that focussed on both personal and professional questions. After I was hired I had to go through 2 weeks of paid training before serving.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Tucson, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was rather lengthy, I went for a total of 3 interviews. The last one being with the GM who gave me the position. I was nervous to let my tattoos show, but they don't care about tattoos. They will talk about Olive Garden and how much they offer (blah blah) And they will ask you about yourself also. They make it sound like they are a big family but in my experience, the preferred people were the favored ones and treated special.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this certain food item to a guest   1 Answer