Olive Garden Italian Restaurants To Go Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants To Go Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

2.1

To-Go Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I was emailed and asked to call. I called I wasn't available that day so I set up an interview for two days later with the assistant manager. It was about 5-10 minutes but it went well and she told me to come back the next day. I was then interviewed by her manager and that was 5-10 minutes also. Pretty easy. As long as you show how enthusiastic and positive you are throughout the interview they'll be interested.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about your previous job   1 Answer
  • If you were me what would you look for in hiring someone   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't given the opportunity to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

To-Go Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online, and they called me a couple days later to set up an interview. I sat down with the manager for about 10 minutes and he asked a predefined list of questions.
    They didn't want to hire me only for the summer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at OG?
      What does good teamwork look like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Vienna, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with a manager, talked about myself, my experience in customer service, and my availability. My first interview was with a manager who explained to me the job and asked the questions about myself. The second interview was with the general manager. She asked about my availability and signed me up for the next training class.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Murfreesboro, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Olive Garden gives a total of two interviews in a normal situation - in both interviews, they ask you a solid series of questions in which you have to answer from an honest, human point of view, also based off of previous experiences.

The first interview is generally where they determine if you're fit for the position, from what my experience was. If you're set up for a second interview, that pretty much means you've got the job, provided they hear what they're looking for the second time as well.

If they say instead, "we'll be in touch," or something to that effect, you were rejected.

Interview Questions

• Q: What's your favorite menu item?   Answer Question
    • Q: Give me an example in which you had a problem, and what steps you took to solve it.   Answer Question
    • Q: Give me an example of a time when you and your co-workers didn't get along, and what steps you took to alleviate the problem.   Answer Question
    • Q: Give me an example of how you contribute to teamwork.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Charlotte, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

It was quick. It was around the holiday time so it was not that busy. It was a two interview process but the guy said he would get back in touch with me the following week for a second interview but never did.

To Go Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants in April 2018.

Interview

Annoying .... Dragged it out way longer than it needed to be when they could’ve just told me they weren’t gonna hire me. I don’t see why it’s so hard to say that? I have other jobs I applied to too. They were just super inconvenient and I’m glad I didn’t work here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Columbus, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was disappointing and stressful. I missed their initial call and they sent an email stating they wanted to meet me. I returned the call, spoke to the general manager and she didn't even schedule an interview, she said the woman over the "to go" would and she'll call. I waited a couple days with no call and finally called myself and spoke to another manager and he finally scheduled me an interview with the manager over the "to go". I went to the first interview, the woman that was supposed to interview me didn't even interview me and I was interviewed a hour late by some other person. They called me for orientation a couple days later for a Saturday, I showed up and turns out they lied to me and it was supposedly "a miscommunication" and turns out it was another interview. So I was upset and blindsided and felt the interview didn't go as smooth as I wanted it to due to how I was feeling. The general manager interviewed me and said the person over To Go would review my references and then make a decision. I was denied over the email on Monday. So I called them after the rejection to ask the status of everything and the general manager tells me they are still reviewing applicants and i'll hear back whenever. I knew I was rejected but she didn't bother to look at my candidate file or whatever to tell me I was rejected, but instead gave me the generic answer they give to all other applicants.I don't even think they called my reference and I felt that I was screwed over. Time was definitely wasted. The whole process took twenty days.

Anonymous Employee in Brandywine, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Brandywine, DE) in May 2016.

Interview

They called me the day after I applied online. My manager interviewed me one on one the same day he called me. My manager was extremely friendly and easy-going. The questions were all very simple. He basically just had me elaborate on my resume for about 5 minutes and then he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you studying in college?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (Tucson, AZ) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got called for an interview 3 days later. The interview was around 15 minutes and was asked to come in for another interview. The interview is pretty laid back with simple questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you contributed to teamwork.   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you had a bad experience with a customer and what steps to took to solve the issue.   Answer Question
    • What are good qualities you should have to work in the restaurant business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Olive Garden Italian Restaurants (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

The process was fairly simple, I applied online and received an email within a few days (3-5). I was called in for my first interview with the Manager where they mostly determined whether or not I was a fit for the position. I did well on that and was asked to interview with the GM that weekend; after some questions about my background, prior work experience, current on the job expectations, I was offered a position on the spot.