Oliver James Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Oliver James Associates

3.1

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oliver James Associates (New York, NY).

Interview

Video Conference / Phone calls - 3 stages with Country MD and Group MD. The company culture seems excellent from the outside, very efficient, nice modern offices and great processes and infrastructure in place. Quite honestly they already seem to have the infrastructure if not the depth of one of the big players in recruitment. OJ are quite specialist rather than recruiting anything and everything.

Ultimately I declined as I already had experience in this kind of setting and felt I wanted more autonomy, particularly over working hours. It just wasn't a good match but if this was my first recruitment job I would have accepted for sure.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver James Associates (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter. Onsite interview with the managing director and several managers from the business. Follow up meeting, more laid back get to you know you. Offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you preform last year on Billing?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a position in CT. The rate was so high as to not be believed. When I did a little digging about the hiring company, they had never heard of Oliver James and the actual rate for a comparable position was about half of what OJ said it was. After determining OJ was deceptive, I declined to move forward in anyway. Beware.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oliver James Associates (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Ask you some questions then have you do a presentation and such it takes some time and this and that. It took about six hours all together. It was good stuff

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oliver James Associates (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was more intense than previous interviews I've had, because they really want to bring people that have experience in recruiting and fit the company culture they are trying to build.

-phone call with HR
    -meeting with 2 senior managers, this is intense where you discuss your experience and review the numbers you've hit recently but more importantly how you hit those numbers
    -Interview duration is about an hour

Graduate Assessment Day Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oliver James Associates (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview day was filled with informational segments about the company and hearing from current employees who work there. They asked us to make a short "mission statement", based on what we learned about OJ, to which we had to present to the group. It was certainly a very informative day.

However, the only aspect of the assessment day that TRULY mattered was the debate section-is recruitment a dying industry? You're either arguing for or against it. When I was denied the position, their explanation was due largely in part to my lack of contribution to the debate. Although they were correct in my "lack of contribution" to the debate, there truly was no other way to assess/compare each candidate.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oliver James Associates (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

First Step: Phone interview - details about my past working experiences
    Second Step: Skype Interview - know my professional background and my motivations
    Third Step: Skype Interview - introduction to Oliver James world and my thoughts about it
    Fourth Step: In person Interview - Face to Face interview meeting the Directors and Colleagues
    Fifth Step: Received Offer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oliver James Associates (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews (2 seperate days) and 1 psychometric test.

Psychometric test was completed pre-interview, with results provided before going into interview.
    1st stage interview was with the London Director and my future Managing Consultant
    2nd stage interview was with the Group Director

Very friendly from the get go, and great company culture which was clearly portrayed online and reflected when stepping into the offices.
    Was offered a job from Oliver James within the next working day which I accepted.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver James Associates (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

3 stage with the opportunity to meet both Associate Directors and other members of Senior management. Over the 3 stages alongside assessing culture fit and prior experience there was a great opportunity to explore what the various teams look like and how they operate along with a view of how I could progress within the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver James Associates (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

- Quick process, although thorough
    - Management were all exceptional in making me feel comfortable
    - State of the art facilities, was able to have my final stage of interview from Ireland over a VC as I had work commitments at home.
    -Informative of what role I was getting myself into - very transparent
    - Quick offer turnaround