Oliver Wyman Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

3.3

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview at the Boston office. Everyone was very friendly, and I had one 30 minute case interview and one 30 minute fit interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA).

Interview

Went to on-campus informational sessions and then submitted my application through on-campus recruiting. Was scheduled for first round interview. Two- 30 minutes fit and case based interviews. Interviewers were kind and professional

Interview Questions

• Why Oliver Wyman? Tell me about how you've worked on a team? Case interview   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

There was one normal case where you sit down with another person, one fit interview about your background and experiences, one presentation where you looked at materials by yourself and then did a presentation to a panel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Attended Boston reception, applied for accelerated process, and finally interviewed at the Boston office, final round, roughly 2.5 hours. Staff was very friendly overall. One of the interviewers did seem a bit uninterested in the interviewing role.

Interview Questions

• One generic case interview, one presentation case, one resume interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting at a target school. Attended a coffee chat with recruiters and consultants and received a first-round interview. They invited us to a small reception near campus, and the people there were great. The first round included two interviews - one case on entering a new market, and a full 30-minute fit interview. The case was with a partner, and she pushed me pretty hard on questions. The fit wasn't bad at all; just a chance to go through my resume.

Second round was in the Boston office, regardless of which offices you preference. Arrived at 7:45, in the office for three hours. Began with breakfast, then a 30-minute session in which they gave us a case (1 page, front/back) and we had time to prepare our presentation for a later session (which was not immediately after, in my case). Then a one-on-one case (fairly straightforward), a fit, and then the presentation. Ended with an informal Q&A session (non-evaluative). Each session was 30 minutes.

I received my offer that evening. Base rate is the highest I've seen at this level in the industry, and sign-on bonus is the most generous as well. Overall, great experience, very quick and efficient.

Interview Questions

• We're running a school bus company that school districts can use to run their bus system. How do we expand our reach into school districts that run their own systems?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; it's the most competitive in the industry.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial screen on Wed., 7 back to back interviews on Fri., verbal offer on Monday! Very fast!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need for negotiations. I was pleased with the original offer.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

The Oliver Wyman Associate Consultant Intern application process is your classic consulting case interview process. I applied through my college's on campus interview program and received an interview. The interview was your classic consulting case interview, the first part was questions around fit and my resume and the second part was the case interview portion

Interview Questions

• Q. Why are you interested in consulting

Q. Why are you interested in Oliver Wyman

Q. Case interview portion   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Cambridge, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

I recruited through my college's recruiting system. I had to take some online math test, you can google it to get a sense of what it might be like, and even though I skipped a lot of questions and wasn't sure about the ones I answered, I still got an interview, so I don't think the test is too important. They paired me up with a buddy who was really friendly who even took time out of his day to give me a practice interview over the phone. On the day of the interview, they probably had about 100 students interview throughout the day, and I had two 30 minute interviews. The first one the guy was not that chill and seemed bored, but the case was pretty easy. The second interview, the lady was really friendly but the case was about healthcare and pretty difficult. They told me later that night at around 7 PM that I had not made it, but gave me good feedback and that I should practice more cases.

Interview Questions

• The first interview was about a start up company that paired personal trainers with clients over Skype. They asked what standards they could group the different clientele by.

The second interview question was about healthcare (which I know nothing about) and was a lot more difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview consisted of 2 30 minute back to back case questions. One was extremely open ended and the interviewer guided you through it. The second was purely number crunching. Oliver Wyman really looks for people who can breeze through case questions and really doesn't care much about fit.

Application

Interview

After submitting my application, I had to do a timed numerical test online. There were a lot of questions and I did not complete them all, but managed to snag an interview. First Round interview consisted of two cases. The first case was on what kind of business I would like to open in my college town, and how I would go about it. The second one was trickier, and consisted of market sizing in the context of a health insurance-based case.

Interview Questions

• How many people in (given) county in Florida do not have health insurance?   Answer Question