Oliver Wyman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oliver Wyman Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

3.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Streamlined, efficient, everyone was kind. On-campus recruiting. They've changed it a lot since I interviewed and I think this 30 word minimum requirement is absurd and I am very annoyed by these hurdles I have to jump to see information on Glassdoor.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online via Linkedin and there were 5 stages of interview, which is quite long (overall taking about 5 weeks), however the people are all very helpful, interesting and motivated. 1st was phone interview with 2 senior researchers with whom I'll work directly, 2nd is timed case interview, 3rd - 5th are phone interviews with senior consultants/colleagues from overseas locations.

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had a wonderful experience interviewing with them. They were rigorous, asked fun exciting questions and were clear about who they were. There were two interviews. The first was a basic case interview and the second was four different parts.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

One 30 min case, one 30 min fit portion. Case was not very structured but relatively straightforward. The interviewers were friendly although there was a fair amount of probing and stress testing during the case interview. Called me back within the week to give me feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your gave an important presentation and what the outcome was?   Answer Question

Ccg Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Had a skype interview that was set up through my college's career services. Interviewer was very nice and first round was all behavioral. Didn't have to do case interview or presentation interview.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. The first round was on my college campus. The senior actuary came and had a one to one interview. The second round was in their office in Chicago.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online (through the website) and was contacted for first round phone interviews (one resume-based and one case interview). The case was very much profitability, and the resume-based was straightforward (Why consulting, most analytical project, leadership, impact, etc) They promptly got back to me the next day, calling me to final round interviews in New York. Final round consisted of 1 case-based interview, 1 resume-based interview, 1 Q/A session with Consultant and 1 case-presentation (with 30 minutes to prepare structure). Format was similar to first round interviews, except that interviewers were more higher up people (principals and partners, as opposed to associates and consultants). Case-Presentation was a bit tricky with the partner interjecting every 30 seconds with questions. Overall people were extremely nice and friendly, and very helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are running for President of an African country. How would you win?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

I went onsite for final round interviews. I had the worst interview experience. The consultants interviewing me were stuck-up and made me feel very inferior to them.

I received a phone call from one of my interviewers telling me I did not receive an offer. When I asked for feedback about my interview, she answered, "I told you you didn't get the offer. Please don't start arguing with me." From Bain, BCG, and McKinsey, I have always received feedback from my interviewers when I asked for it. The way Oliver Wyman handled my interview process was very unprofessional and truly shocking.

I would never want to work with the people I interviewed with at Oliver Wyman. Anyone looking to work there, I definitely do not recommend it.

Interview Questions

• Case Presentation:
      They give you a case prompt and give you 30 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to present. They are VERY unclear about what exactly they are looking for. The interviewers come in and ask a lot of questions about your recommendation.

Behavioral:
      Tell me about a time you set a goal and how you reached it
      Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult teammate
      Why Oliver Wyman
      Tell me about a time you used your analytical skills
      Answer Question

Entry-Level Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary. 30-minute FIT with one interviewer (senior consultant) and then a 30-minute case with another interviewer (partner). They were both nice, but the partner was more laid-back and really wanted me to think for myself.

Interview Questions

• FIT portion involved the standard questions: Why consulting, why OW, questions about teamwork, time management, etc. The case question was presented a bit differently and did not fall into the traditional market sizing, profitability, etc. framework so be prepared to think and be creative.   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university job board and heard back within a few days. First round interview was two 30 minute, back-to-back interviews (one behavioral and one case). Overall, interviewers were nice and did not want to trick you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to prioritize your commitments.   Answer Question