Oliver Wyman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.5

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online (through the website) and was contacted for first round phone interviews (one resume-based and one case interview). The case was very much profitability, and the resume-based was straightforward (Why consulting, most analytical project, leadership, impact, etc) They promptly got back to me the next day, calling me to final round interviews in New York. Final round consisted of 1 case-based interview, 1 resume-based interview, 1 Q/A session with Consultant and 1 case-presentation (with 30 minutes to prepare structure). Format was similar to first round interviews, except that interviewers were more higher up people (principals and partners, as opposed to associates and consultants). Case-Presentation was a bit tricky with the partner interjecting every 30 seconds with questions. Overall people were extremely nice and friendly, and very helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are running for President of an African country. How would you win?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

I didn't get the interview. The company only looks at GPA first to weave out candidates. It is the same with other big consulting firms. The process was really fast though

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview at the Boston office. Everyone was very friendly, and I had one 30 minute case interview and one 30 minute fit interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA).

Interview

Went to on-campus informational sessions and then submitted my application through on-campus recruiting. Was scheduled for first round interview. Two- 30 minutes fit and case based interviews. Interviewers were kind and professional

Interview Questions

• Why Oliver Wyman? Tell me about how you've worked on a team? Case interview   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Took over six months.

HR was great. Not so sure the employees understand discrimination. Last round/final round was case where the solution I recommended was more conservative in the sense it was more cautious bc the industry was more cautious. Interviewer deemed me a bad fit for the company because I was "too conservative." Not sure if that follows diversity rules but it sure raised my eyebrows to hear that kind of feedback.

Interview Questions

• Standard case questions. Delivery skill varies so be prepared to work around that live.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with 5 partners. One phone interview 45 days prior to my visit to NYC office. A second phone interview a week prior to my visit. 3 partners face-to-face in NY

Interview Questions

• Mostly general questions about what I could bring to the company and what I am looking for.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY).

Interview

The Interview Process was compromised out of 2 Case Studies + 1 Behavioral Interview. The first case study was a presentation in front of a panel where you had 30 minutes previously to analyze the case and structure your findings. The second was a 1-1 On the spot Case.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online via Linkedin and there were 5 stages of interview, which is quite long (overall taking about 5 weeks), however the people are all very helpful, interesting and motivated. 1st was phone interview with 2 senior researchers with whom I'll work directly, 2nd is timed case interview, 3rd - 5th are phone interviews with senior consultants/colleagues from overseas locations.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman in January 2017.

Interview

I had a first phone interview, about 30 minutes with a recruiter. This was about 15-30 minutes just to go over some HR questions. I then had a 1 hour long phone interview scheduled about 3 weeks later. The first 30 minutes was a case interview and the second 30 minutes was a resume and behavioral interview with a second interviewer. The case interview was the hard part for me, i was able to solve a business case situation but the calculations part was a bit hard. You have to be able to justify your recommendations with accurate numbers, not just an estimate.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend for the client and why? Justify your recommendation with some stats.   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had a wonderful experience interviewing with them. They were rigorous, asked fun exciting questions and were clear about who they were. There were two interviews. The first was a basic case interview and the second was four different parts.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

One 30 min case, one 30 min fit portion. Case was not very structured but relatively straightforward. The interviewers were friendly although there was a fair amount of probing and stress testing during the case interview. Called me back within the week to give me feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your gave an important presentation and what the outcome was?   Answer Question