Oliver Wyman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Oliver Wyman

3.5

1. Featured Interview

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Phone screen, in person meeting, and then a full day interview consisting of data manipulation exercise, written exercise, case study, and behavioral interviews with several employees ranging from analyst to the practice leader.

Interview Questions

• Several questions on drive, initiative, leadership, and teamwork. They want to see you are a self starter.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview consisted of a 30-minute zoom call followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager the office. We took a tour of the facility afterwards where I got to meet other team members. Overall a pretty seamless process.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical questions about my skillset and experience, my expectations for my career, what I liked about my job.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY).

Interview

Some 30 minutes zoom for a high level EA role. The questions were random and you could tell the person who interviewed was tired. She even called other candidates "duds."

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

I applied via email directly to a representative that visited my university. I had a phone interview very soon after that lasted 30 minutes. I was not contacted back.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • How have you developed yourself, whether it be professionally, academically, etc?   Answer Question

Entry Level Data Science Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online. Completed personality quiz. Invited for further phone interview with a principal . Was asked to solve a statistics story problem using code over an online coding platform (i.e. hacker rank) during this video interview. Involved simple probabilities. Though I did not receive an offer, OW gave personalized feedback on my performance and I had a pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• Given machines that have a failure rate of 1%, what is the cluster size such that we achieve a failure rate of at least one machine per day.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Austin, TX).

Interview

First round was a 30 minute case and a 30 minute behavioral. The case was not difficult, but very interviewee led. The second round was at Oliver Wyman's office in Dallas, and consisted of a presentation case (with 30 minute data/information review), a 30 minute one-on-one case, and a 30 minute behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince a group to do something when you had no official authority over them.   1 Answer

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

The first-round interview was an hour-long. One 30 minutes behavioral and one 30 minutes case study interview. The interviewers did not ask any trick questions and were willing to help you out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time you had to prioritize your commitments.   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied through Handshake at my University. First round was on campus with two interviewers, one associate (30 minute case interview) and one partner (30 minute behavioral interview). Final round was on-site in Midtown with a 30 minute case presentation, 30 minute behavioral, and 30 minute one-on-one case.

Interview Questions

• The case was a non-profit expansion strategy case   1 Answer

Entry-Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Dallas, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

1st round: 2 hours over the phone since I was coming from a "Non-target" school; 2nd round: around 4 hours: 3 cases and a get to know people section which was nice for asking the real questions you wanted answers to.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

WLS - 3 office visits, culminating in a 2-part interview

The first two days, we attended workshops and panels at the Dallas and Houston offices.

On the last day, there was a behavioral interview with an associate and a case interview with a partner. Each interview was around 30-45 minutes.