Oliver Wyman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.5

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online (through the website) and was contacted for first round phone interviews (one resume-based and one case interview). The case was very much profitability, and the resume-based was straightforward (Why consulting, most analytical project, leadership, impact, etc) They promptly got back to me the next day, calling me to final round interviews in New York. Final round consisted of 1 case-based interview, 1 resume-based interview, 1 Q/A session with Consultant and 1 case-presentation (with 30 minutes to prepare structure). Format was similar to first round interviews, except that interviewers were more higher up people (principals and partners, as opposed to associates and consultants). Case-Presentation was a bit tricky with the partner interjecting every 30 seconds with questions. Overall people were extremely nice and friendly, and very helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are running for President of an African country. How would you win?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

SHL test followed by 2 rounds of interviews , 2-3 interviews each - CV chat and a case. I have not passed the 1st round. Was interviewed by a senior consultant and a partner.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through Campus recruiting. There were two 30 minute interviews back to back. First one was case and the other was behavioral. This was both the first and final round of interviews. Both interviewers were friendly.

No real surprises. Just a general set of fit questions and a typical case question.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

I didn't get the interview. The company only looks at GPA first to weave out candidates. It is the same with other big consulting firms. The process was really fast though

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Two interviews, both online via software, audio only. 1st one was case + personal + cv, 2ndone was mathematical brainteasers + q&a. Both people were nice on the calll, but did not reply afterwards when followed up asking for critique.

Interview Questions

• Difficult math brainteasers (not estimation like I was prepared for)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview at the Boston office. Everyone was very friendly, and I had one 30 minute case interview and one 30 minute fit interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA).

Interview

Went to on-campus informational sessions and then submitted my application through on-campus recruiting. Was scheduled for first round interview. Two- 30 minutes fit and case based interviews. Interviewers were kind and professional

Interview Questions

• Why Oliver Wyman? Tell me about how you've worked on a team? Case interview   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in August 2017.

Interview

-Firmenpräsentation inklusive Fragerunde mit den anderen Kandidaten
    -3 Cases mit 3 Principals
    -Mittagessen mit zwei Beratern
    -Feedback über die 3 Cases, was jedoch ein bisschen umfangreicher hätte sein können.

Insgesamt waren alle Berater sehr nett und sympathisch.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process took a very long time and 5 months after I interviewed for the position, I am still waiting to hear back (except I am not waiting and found a better job). Despite contacting and chasing initially for a decision and feedback I kept being told there was "no news" by HR. Complete waste of my time and hope they do not do this to others.
    I have also seen they have re-advertised the position on LinkedIn as of a few months ago, they should at least have the courtesy to inform candidates when they are unsuccessful and I am glad I did not end up working for a company that treats candidates this way.

Associate Interview

Interview

Took over six months.

HR was great. Not so sure the employees understand discrimination. Last round/final round was case where the solution I recommended was more conservative in the sense it was more cautious bc the industry was more cautious. Interviewer deemed me a bad fit for the company because I was "too conservative." Not sure if that follows diversity rules but it sure raised my eyebrows to hear that kind of feedback.

Interview Questions

• Standard case questions. Delivery skill varies so be prepared to work around that live.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Seoul (South Korea)) in May 2017.

Interview

There two rounds of interview, each round consisting of 2 interviews. Those two interviews include a fit interview and a case interview. The final interview includes interviews with partners.

Interview Questions

• What did you do as an intern at the company you worked for? What was your role?   Answer Question