Oliver Wyman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oliver Wyman Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

3.6

Entry-Level Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary. 30-minute FIT with one interviewer (senior consultant) and then a 30-minute case with another interviewer (partner). They were both nice, but the partner was more laid-back and really wanted me to think for myself.

Interview Questions

• FIT portion involved the standard questions: Why consulting, why OW, questions about teamwork, time management, etc. The case question was presented a bit differently and did not fall into the traditional market sizing, profitability, etc. framework so be prepared to think and be creative.   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university job board and heard back within a few days. First round interview was two 30 minute, back-to-back interviews (one behavioral and one case). Overall, interviewers were nice and did not want to trick you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to prioritize your commitments.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round on campus
    Final round on site

Interview process is relatively quick. The final round has a case interview, a resume interview and a presentation. The presentation is quite hard and is difficult to prep for.

Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting and the process took 2 weeks. I had one case study interview and one behavioral interview, both on campus. The case was interviewer led and the behavioral was a basic behavioral interview.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. The first round was a phone interview. Mostly behavioural questions, with a simple probability question.

The onsite was with the whole team. There were 4 interviews back to back, some focused on technical skills(excel problem, describe your approach to a hypothetical problem). Some focused on the personality/fit. One interview was especially interesting as it consisted fully of brain teasers(where good assumptions and strict logic will render most success). I enjoyed every bit of it.

Everyone I have met is super intelligent. The team in itself is very diverse(you can tell by the clear differences in the types of questions they asked)
    I absolutely loved it.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. (expect more questions about the details as you go)

Tell me about your past internship experiences(what kind of work did you do?)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

First reviewing resume, one on-campus interview, and a final interview. Questions about resume and several behavior questions and a probability question. Still unknown about the final interview process, good luck

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and had a remote interview. It was hard to hear the interviewer at times, but that may have been a problem with my technology rather than the fault of the interviewer

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions regarding group work: a time it went well, a time it went poorly, a time you got negative feedback, a time you were a leader   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very positive. They typically had one or two interviewers at a time, with multiple interviews in a row. After the interviews, the took us out to lunch. Most of the questions were behavioral, with a few technical that you could find on Glassdoor. The interviewers were not as socially awkward as actuaries can be but they were also not your typical consultant.

Actuarial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

There were 2 other candidates with me. We all had 5 rounds of interview with all 7 team members switching around. After that, we had a lunch break where we went to a restaurant. The final round was doing an analysis using Excel.

Support Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Extremely inconsiderate process. You are expected to drop everything last minute to talk to them SEVERAL times, vague voicemails are left and then a form rejection email is sent after ignored follow-up emails. How this place gets anything done is a mystery to me...They need to get it together or hiring some better "Talent Acquisition" employees.