Oliver Wyman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oliver Wyman Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

3.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus and had two 30-minute interviews. One was exclusively behavioral and one was primarily case-based. The case was strategy-based and involved a retail chain and the profit impact of a potential expansion. I never heard back one way or the other, but a classmate was called later that evening to schedule a final round for later in the week.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman in February 2016.

Interview

1) Had an interview, consisting of a case interview and a behavioral/fit interview.
    2) Moved onto second rounds, which consisted of a presentation case interview and another resume-based behavioral interview.

The recruiter was very fast and efficient in coordinating both interviews, and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the people at Oliver Wyman. I had a very pleasant interview experience with them.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY).

Interview

Went on a 2 rounds of interviews here to meet 6 different people. All were other Executive Assistants. The questions were straight forward and mostly they wanted examples. They moved very quickly and I was called back after the first round to come in for the second round. I received an offer less than a week later.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a mistake in your work? If so, how did you handle correcting it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. First round interviews were one 30min case and one 30min behavioral. Both interviewers were very friendly, but in the case part I got stuck in the qualitative section (he kept pushing me to say more answers and ideas, but I guess I just missed a key answer he was looking for). We ran out of time before getting to any quantitative parts. Behavioral section was very standard and easy.

The interviewers were very nice, and even offered feedback via email when I asked for it.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting portal. Was selected for an on-campus interview, which consisted of one behavioral interview and one case interview. The behavioral interview was evaluated on a matrix rubric and it felt unnatural since the interviewer was clearly writing into that rubric the whole time. The case interview was simpler than most case interviews. Received a call soon after to inform me I did not move onto the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Met at career fair and was invited to onsite interview in their NYC office for Oliver Wyman Labs. Had four back to back interviews: 2 case interviews, one data based, and one normal software engineering technical interview. Being new to case interviews I practiced around 10 beforehand and felt adequately prepared--but you can never get enough practice! Overall process wasn't bad but because it was such a long day (5+ hours) it felt pretty long. Atmosphere is typical, stuffy consulting atmosphere but the people seemed nice and enthusiastic about what they do. In the end they gave me a strange rejection saying that their current internship role wouldn't be a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Given this sample dataset, what sorts of questions would you want to have answered?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through school process and ultimately received an on campus interview. Went through a first round consisting of 1 fit and 1 case interview, then a final round consisting of a presentation case and some more fit interviews. Ultimately the people were friendly, and the cases were more open ended than other firms.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Great experience, met with very nice and smart people who truly wanted me to succeed.
    They were very reactive to let me know when I made it to the next round or when I got my offer. The culture looks amazing and everyone I met seemed genuinely happy to work there.
    I look forward to starting to work with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself and failed.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

There was one normal case where you sit down with another person, one fit interview about your background and experiences, one presentation where you looked at materials by yourself and then did a presentation to a panel

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews in total. 1st round on-campus with one fit and one case interview. The case was based on a small shop around campus. Final round was on-site with three interviews: one normal case interview, one presentation case, one fit interview. The presentation case was given at the beginning of the day, when you have 30 minutes to work on it, and then you have to present it using a white board in front of two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What experience/achievement on your resume are you most proud of?   Answer Question