Oliver Wyman Junior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oliver Wyman Junior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2016

3.5

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman in October 2015.

Interview

First round phone interview. It was a conference call. 30 min case interview with one person and 30 min fit interview with another person. The person who did the fit interview was not interested in the whole interview process or my experience at all and seemed to just read out from a list of questions and want to get over it as quickly as possible. And then I never get contacted about the result again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oliver Wyman

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview, 30 minutes of behavioral and 30 minutes of case. It is back to back, so there is no guarantee whether you get case or behavioral first. One of the interviewers was nice, the other didn't seem very engaged during the interview, kept looking at his phone or elsewhere. I'm not sure if it was a stress test or he was just being rude.

Interview Questions

• Case is straightforward, profitability question, behavioral asks you about leadership, passion, self-initiative, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Found offer through campus recruitment site. Applied for an international position and was invited to a telephone interview shortly thereafter. After countless case-phone interviews by consultants that I wouldn't even be working with, I was finally invited to an office for a day of interviews. After passing those, I was invited to an interview day in office that I applied for. Thought it went well but didn't do well in case interview conducted in my non-native language and did not get offer. The interviews themselves were standard cases, but the length of the process I don't believe is cost efficient for them. And time-wise, it's expensive for applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

After submitting the online application with CV and cover letter, Oliver Wyman ask you to complete an online numerical test. Probably one of the toughest numerical tests there is and is definitely worth preparing for it. (questions are somewhat similar to GMAT numerical style questions).
    The first round interview then consists of one normal CV type interview and one open case study interview

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you worked as a team? what problems did you face?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Istanbul (Turkey)) in February 2016.

Interview

After a mathematical test they call me however I learned that because of limited time they didn't evaluate everybody's application I was lucky in that sense. Environment was great they were really nice and polite with business attire. Competition is really great therefore I recommend serious preparation process. I interviewed with two person each lasting 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. What might be the total revenue of rental lifting crane industry in Turkey for a year?
      2. What might be the total number of Bank ATM in Turkey?
      1 Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (Madrid (Spain)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty pleasant as the people and working environment in the office seemed accommodative. The first round consisted in 2 case interviews and 1 CV interview whereas the second round consisted in 3 case interviews and 1 CV interview, all of approximately 45min each.

Interview Questions

• 5 case interviews of different kind, 2 CV interviews and a couple of brainteaser.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Process was clearly set out in the email sent to me by the company on the day I submitted the application. They have came back to me exactly by the provided deadline.

Interview Questions

• The numerical test was very similar to a GMAT test. I prepared for it by reviewing by GMAT books. The time is very limited for this test. The other test was not that difficult for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied for a position as Junior Consultant in June 2014 through the Oliver Wyman website. I completed the online tests (maths and reasoning) one week later. The tests were quite difficult (a lot of the maths questions can be found on the internet beforehand, though). Got a negative answer after 10 days.

Interview Questions

• I would say the critical reasoning questions in general (as I am not an english native speaker).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

written test + 1st round intervew
    process is really fast, happened within one week.
    3 case + compentency

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oliver Wyman.

Interview

Applied online and followed up two weeks later after not hearing back. I was told that only one office was hiring at my position and given a phone interview for the Dallas office. Was given a market sizing case on which I did not perform very well. I was contacted within two hours and told that I would not have another interview.