Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet

2.0

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Brandon, MS) in February 2020.

Interview

It was brief and instantly hired. I was asked about my past and what I planned for the future. I really enjoyed the whole process. Good luck to everyone whom applies to Ollies!!

Assistant Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Spartanburg, SC) in January 2020.

Interview

Got a interview from store manager first. Told me about job asked me typical interview questions. Told me just got there and previous manager was not from the area and everyone quit. They had hired most and needed a manager for operations. Then got district manager and he interviewed me. Asked me some of same questions and told me more about the job. Also wanted to send me to training a hour and a half away for two weeks so i turned down the job but thanked him

Interview Questions

• What was your sales volume for your previous store you worked in   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Lancaster, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process is ridiculous; for this position I had 5 interviews with 5 different people which is absolutely horrible. These types of interviews are for C- level executives. I withdrew as a candidate!

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your past experience! How much familiarity do you have LOA?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sevierville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Sevierville, TN).

Interview

Showed up 15 minutes early, talked to cashier about me having an interview with the manager at blank time. Manager came out telling me it will be a minute while she deals with employees. Waited an hour and a half just for the manager to come back, ignore me, and bsing with cashiers.

Floor Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

I met with the recruiter and was told I'd hear make but never did. After numerous, and I mean numerous attempts via phone and email I have decided to move forward with my search. I have never seen a company so desperate to hire yet be so nonresponsive. With the recruiter and HR staff you have in place I can absolutley see why you can't keep people. I would not recommend this company to anyone. First impressions are everything.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Lumberton, NC) in May 2019.

Interview

They had us come in fill out papers, and we had to sit through a 2 to 3 hour interview answer questions and watch videos then we met individually and talked

Interview Questions

• What shift would I be we to work   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Hickory, NC) in May 2019.

Interview

Very quick and very easy. Not very many questions but very nice workers and higher up staff. As many hours as I wanted as well. Very quick to get back to me.

Dictrict LPM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fuquay-Varina, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Fuquay-Varina, NC).

Interview

Went through 4 total interviews and never got a reply back. Reached out to recruiter and got a reply that I would hear something at the end of the week and still nothing.

A simple follow up email would of been nice even if I didn’t get the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you did that you were proud of at your current job?   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Erlanger, KY) in December 2018.

Interview

Easy peasy. Had a chequered past, which made me extremely nervous about the interview. The hiring manager out me at ease almost immediately, asking a few of the standard questions, then informed me of the pay rate, what my duties would be, and to show up at six the next morning for training.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Canton, OH) in October 2018.

Interview

Filled out in store paper application.
    Handed it directly to the hiring manager.
    She told me she'll let me know something in a week. Returned to the store a bit over a week later to see they are still hiring. Ask them if they looked at my application, get told they have a stack of applications to go through still, so they'll let me know in yet another week. I call back a week and a day later, get told they still haven't looked through their stack of applications. They have been behind 4 employees for 3 months now. After the third try, I gave up and moved on.
    A friend calls me and tells me to try again for the job, the hiring manager was away for vacation and maybe the Store Team Leader would lead to better results.

Call them again after a month of giving up on them. They tell me they lost my app, and asked me to make another one. So I go down there and do so. The Store Leader interviews me right there. And I got a call saying I was hired the very next day! It entirely depends on how responsible the person is in charge. At last the store is finally getting the employees it needed for months, thanks to the hiring manager being away and someone else being in charge that bothered taking the time to look at applications and call potential employees in for a chance.

Interview Questions

• When you disliked someone at your previous place of employment, how did you handle dealing with them?   1 Answer
    • What qualities would you say your previous employer liked about you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Ollie's?   1 Answer