Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 77 of over 77 interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Wichita Falls, TX) in Jun 2021

Interview

Management was very nice and organized in the interview process. Spent 2 1/2 hours there during their job fair just talking to the manager and team lead because they were so nice!

Interview Questions
  • When was a time that you went above and beyond for a customer?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Harrisburg, PA) in Jun 2021

Interview

Received a text message from HR to initiate contact. A few days later, had a phone interview. A few days after that, a zoom interview with the person I was told would be interviewing me plus another person who they said I would not report to. I'm not sure why they were there. Told I'd be contacted the following Monday but it's been a week and no contact. I tried to call the HR person, left a vm on Thursday following up but I think I've been ghosted but not sure. I feel the least they could do is let me know one way or the other. It did seem a bit unprofessional in the line of questions and as if they weren't familiar of the duties in my field which is fine but they also pointed out they do not have a clear bureaucracy or policies so I don't know if I'm just falling between the cracks or people are maybe on vacation or if I simply didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
  • They asked if I was familiar with a particular type of reporting and where the data I work with is usually pulled.

Ollie’s Bargain Outlet

Application

I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet

Interview

Calm, complete, and all around good interview. They know how to make you feel comfortable and like you’re already a part of the time. One of the best interviews I’ve ever had.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Springfield, VT) in Mar 2021

Interview

There were talking to people out front of store, I had an appt with them. Quick and easy interview - a ton of online docs after... And more papers at orientation.

Interview Questions
  • How did you deal with a tough person or customer?

Ollie’s Bargain Outlet

Application

I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet

Interview

easy as pie. lots of silly situational questions and how would you handles? Easy enough though, any PM worth their weight will breeze through without mus resistance! I highly suggest giving it a rip and enjoy the ride

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Clute, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Clute, TX) in Feb 2021

Interview

Going to hiring event next week. Understand that the store thats opening will be stressful in the beginning but will taper off after opening. Hard work starting off but looking for employees willing to work to make new location a success

Interview Questions
  • Was I looking for work for a growing company
  • What qualifications I had, did they pertain to retail?

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Concord, NC) in Dec 2020

Interview

Ask questions about myself and my experience at other jobs and they talk about the company and the pay rate. She ask me do I work well in a group

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Paintsville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Paintsville, KY) in Dec 2020

Interview

First, I did an over the phone interview with the DM. A couple days later I went to the store and spoke to the store manager and pretty much did a walk through and discussed what the job duties are for the position I applied. Next I had another over the phone interview with another DM. Weeks later I got a job offer

Interview Questions
  • What are some characteristics you would want the person you are interviewing to have for a good manager?
  • How would you handle an upset customer?

Ollie’s Bargain Outlet

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet in Oct 2020

Interview

I called the store after I applied, then the manager called me back and asked if I was available for an in person interview. The next day was the interview, I arrived 10 minutes early. We sat down and she asked very basic interview questions. She told me told me there was an error with my application and needed to reapply. I called her after I resubmitted my application and she told me she was going to email me back onboarding paperwork. After I finished that she called and told me I started on Monday!

Interview Questions
  • If you had an upset customer approach you, how would you handle that situation?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Brandon, MS) in Feb 2020

Interview

It was brief and instantly hired. I was asked about my past and what I planned for the future. I really enjoyed the whole process. Good luck to everyone whom applies to Ollies!!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Interviews