Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet

1.9

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Columbus, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

Normal two interview process. If the first interviewer likes you, you go on to a second. Basic background check needs passed before being hired. Try to use real life experience when answering questions and make sure the answers make sense.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you hope a previous employer doesn't tell me during a reference call.   8 Answers

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied direct.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you could have embarrassed a coworker during a meeting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dunbar, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Dunbar, WV).

Interview

Called my name, we talked about my past work experience and my availability. Would have to help open the store. I don’t know what else to put, it keeps telling that I’m not on 30 words, so I’m just writing this

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Rock Hill, SC) in November 2015.

Interview

Not really an interview process, I went in for an "interview" and got hired on the spot and filled out paperwork and started two days later. I got paid for being at my "interview" as well.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Knoxville, TN) in December 2012.

Interview

I put in a application online which when I applied you could do paper or online. I called the next day and asked for the hiring manager, spoke with the former manager and the day after that I was in for a interview. Literally I started in no time. interview was a piece of cake, no drug test (which I didn't care if there was or wasn't) there is a background check.

Interview Questions

• None. Mostly chatted about my 4 month old son at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, start you out at $8. Which was the most at that time I was ever paid an hour.

ATL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Harrisburg, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Took 2 weeks and a lot of follow up, called the manager every few days and he didnt really seem to know when or even what was going on half the time.

ATL Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet.

Interview

3 interviews - panel of STL's and DTL

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered 2,000. less than I asked.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Hampton, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

fill out application of they think they like you you're hired. there was no more then fill out application ,received phone call, interviewed ,and was put to work with no training.

Interview Questions

• in the past how have you taken a neg. situation and made positive   2 Answers

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Florence, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Was asked to interview 2 weeks after submitting resume. Was asked about how i would hold up to the workload and what experience i had in retail. The interview was quick and relatively easy.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

very quick and easy they need people all the time .. close to home ... easy for getting on the bus and off just perfect for my person... thanks. Co-manager interview me told me i can be busy at times.. never a dull moment