Olympus Corporation of the Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.9

Fellows Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Southborough, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with corporate HR rep. She was very nice but did not know much about the program or anything site specific. Mostly just asked about content of resume. Moved on to 45 minute in person interview with three people from different functions (supposed to interview with 4, one of which went through the program but she cancelled at the last second). Went on to final in person interview with the president of the company and one of the functional directors followed by a 15 minute presentation to all interviewers. Everybody was very kind, but communication was very poor. For example, they never told me who I would be interviewing with, even when explicitly asked (helps for interview prep), and they sent contradicting information about the presentation, one source saying it was 5 minutes, the other source saying it was 15 minutes. I asked them three times what the actual length was and received no response, so I had to prepare two presentations.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Olympus surgical technologies of america? (They wanted specifics on their subsidiary.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Southborough, MA).

Interview

The process was on average longer than most other medical device companies. Two separate trips to the home office were required due to the entire interview team not being available during initial visit. However, two face to face rounds or visits are not uncommon for these types of positions

Interview Questions

• The interview process included a review of presentation skills. Including this in the process is a great idea.   Answer Question

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a brief technical screening with a senior resource at OLYMPUS who asked mostly about admin related questions and basic of Apex and visual force, asked view state, best practices, soql queries etc

Interview Questions

• Types of relationships,SOQL queries,difference between workflows and triggers   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

Interview

I Interviewed others and I will also describe those experiences. You will be Interviewed by the people you will work with and a few others. It may be One on one and it may be several at a time. You may be taken to lunch or it may be brought in. You are mostly judged on your personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with the type of work we are asking you to do?   Answer Question
    • What did you like most about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Do you speak a foreign language?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing and able to go into an operating room? Are you squeamish? Can you handle seeing blood, tissue, children as patients....   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite football team   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ok

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager to setup a phone interview. There was a lack of flexibility in day/time that made it very difficult to schedule it. I received a call that morning. I was under the impression it would be a quick phone screen and said I had a few minutes. The manager let me know it would be 45+. We got 5 minutes into the interview he stopped and told me he didn't like how difficult it was to setup the interview and didn't like that I said "I had a few minutes."That it wasn't a fit and hung up. I've interviewed with a lot of companies , and have never had a hiring manager act like that. It reflects poorly on the company in my opinion when you treat candidates without respect.

Manager, Market Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Center Valley, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Olympus was a mess from the beginning. The company could not describe to me what the job was, or even what they needed.

In Round 1, the focus was on data science and database manipulation. Med Device companies have very rudimentary market research programs, miniscule budgets, and practically no commercial skills, and Olympus is no different (although it needs to be given its recent issues).

In Round 2, they were all gung ho to gain market research expertise and drive their commercial products forward in an increasingly competitive med device environment. At the end of Round 2, I was given a case study to do and present back to the hiring panel in about 3 weeks, and I thought the process was finally on solid footing.

Then, with no warning, the case study was called off and the final interview scheduled for two days later! So, as I was told to do, I put the case study aside, and prepared as quickly as possible for the final interview. There was never any reason given for the rescheduling, and to make matters worse the job was re-graded down a level with no explanation.

I arrived at the third round interview completely confused and with no real idea of where it was headed. I met with some of the same people for a third time, had the same conversations, answered the same questions, and basically wasted precious job-hunting time.

At the end of the day, I met with the hiring manager for lunch and we had a final conversation about the job. Again, no explanation as to why the job was downgraded, the case study dropped, or the interview rescheduled. The hiring manager then had the nerve to criticize me for not asking any questions about the case study! She just sat there in the company cafeteria whispering to herself, saying "I don't know," "I don't know..." I sat there dumbfounded, not knowing if she was even speaking to me.

They said I would hear back either way in a week. Two weeks went by, and I had to email them (of course), only to get an email back from the hiring manager saying they picked someone else.

Word of advice -- if you don't know what you want, or who you want, or when you want it, don't waste candidates' time. We have lives believe it or not.

Interview Questions

• Can you do statistical analysis in Excel?   1 Answer

Senior Requirements Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Center Valley, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Required two phone screens, one with hiring manager and one with HR, and two rounds of on-site interviews. First round of on-site interviews was from 9AM-3PM and I interviewed with 7 people. It was pretty exhausting. Second round was only about 2 hours and I met with 3 people, one of which was a VP. They were very accommodating to my schedule (I was working at the time). I had a pre-scheduled day off and they were able to make the interview fit their schedules for that day. For the second round they scheduled in the late afternoon so that I could just leave work early versus needing another day off. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask many of the typical hard interview questions like: tell me about your weaknesses, failures, etc... They mainly stayed focused on questions about skill set that are relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.

Interview

After submitting a resume I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer called right on time and asked all the standard questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you have performed in excel   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

It involved several phone interviews/talks and 2 in-person interviews for which I was flown to different airports where the interviews took place. I was initially reached out by a recruiter outside of Olympus for the Sales Rep role and then received interviews with the Hiring Manager, Sr. Sales Rep. a potential team member, Human resources and the Director of Sales.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Olympus Corporation of the Americas (New York, NY).

Interview

Long, around 5 interviews. Be prepared to talk to everybody and they all have a say in your hiring. So many people that you will wonder who runs the company. By the way... it is either HR or Corporate compliance depending upon what is currently in the news. Since a lot of negative things seem to make it to the front page be prepared for a involved interview process.