Omaha Public Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Omaha Public Power Interview Questions

2.2

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blair, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omaha Public Power (Blair, NE) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was with two people. The questions were straight forward, typical personality questions to how I responded to certain situations. Both individuals were very polite and friendly. After they asked questions I was given time to ask any questions I had about the position and the facility. Overall the interview was very brief. It only took about 30-45 minutes.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Omaha Public Power (Omaha, NE) in December 2014.

Interview

One interview with a Human Resource representative. Was straight forward and focused mainly on behavioral questions. Nothing very technical in the interview questions. I was called and scheduled a later date for the interview. Then on the day of the interview the Human Resource Representative called me and asked me questions for about 30 to 45 minutes and then a few days later I received a call giving the offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience where I had to accomplish something in a team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omaha Public Power.

Interview

Very straight forward. I only ever had the one phone interview. They asked the standard questions with no real surprises. After you are accepted there is a lot of paperwork though. there are background checks, fingerprinting, security clearances, personal references, and even apparently references from those references.

Interview Questions

• They really stuck to the usual structure for these types of positions. What was a problem you were presented with, and how did you resolve it? When have you required leadership, etc.   Answer Question

Nuclear Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Calhoun, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Omaha Public Power (Fort Calhoun, NE) in May 2013.

Interview

Professional interview but the interviewers were easy going, no overbearing pressure. They wanted me to think critically, and they wanted honesty. They don't want people that claim they're perfect, they want you to acknowledge your faults.

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Omaha Public Power (Omaha, NE) in April 2012.

Interview

The hiring process can be very frustrating as the HR department on-site is not very competent. The interview is a very easy process though as the questions they ask you are purely behavioral in nature and none were technical. You simply go into a conference room on-site with the hiring manager, HR and usually one other individual. Only usually takes about an hour of total time.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult scenario your were put into and how did you handle it?   Answer Question