Ombudsman Educational Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ombudsman Educational Services Interview Questions

2.5

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ombudsman Educational Services (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Interviewer extremely thorough in explaining the job and expectations. Determined my qualifications to be what was needed. Toured the school. Met staff members on site. I could ask questions of them. Very creative group.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the organization?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ombudsman Educational Services.

Interview

You will receive a call from the regional director asking you to come in for an interview. You will most likely interview with the center director and the regional director. The interview will consist of generic questions and will last about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an upset parent, and how did you approach the situation?   Answer Question

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ombudsman Educational Services.

Interview

Recieved phone call two days after submission online application. Interviewed the next day. Interview went well. Had no contact afterwards for over a week...started to question whether I had a job. Finally company made contact to initiate hiring procedure.

Interview Questions

• As l would have to cover or find someone to cover any teaching slot that was unfilled, could I teach any subject.   Answer Question

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ombudsman Educational Services (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 5 people present at the interview and they all had a chance to ask questions. Pretty intense for a job that pays $12/hr. They expect a lot from employees but the pay is not competitive.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if a student swears at you?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any subject areas that you could be helpful in tutoring?   Answer Question

Certified Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ombudsman Educational Services (Elgin, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and relaxed. The interviewer had a set of company-standard interview questions that were mostly used. All questions relating directly to teaching experience in categories such as parent/student interactions, classroom management skills, technology skills, etc... Mostly, they want to know what you have done in the past related to deescalating situations with students, parents, and co-workers as this will be common working in alternative education.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a student really tried your patience or when you were feeling extremely challenged by a student’s behavior? What did you do?   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ombudsman Educational Services (Rockford, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Online Application in person interview as well as phone interview with district supervisor. Her initially called to screen my background then local supervisor called to schedule interview. During the interview a district vp was called to participate in the interview.

Part-Time Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ombudsman Educational Services in August 2013.

Interview

Received a call, set up an interview at their Roswell Location. I had to do a writing sample when I arrived. The rest of my interview went like any other interview for a teaching position at the school. Questions about my teaching experience and strategies were aplenty.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect to have to do a lengthy writing sample.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, just a flat rate hourly offer.

College and Career Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ombudsman Educational Services (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process was held with the Regional Manager and we were constantly interrupted with phone calls he would accept on his cellular phone. The actual questions he asked were pretty good but he didn't take notes or follow up with additional questions that would probe deeper. It was as if he was reading from a prompt.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with working with at-risk students?   Answer Question

Education Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ombudsman Educational Services in March 2010.

Interview

Here are some interview questions for a teaching position.
    Give me an example of a time when you had to be assertive in giving directions to others.
    Give me an example of a time when a student or co-worker really tried your patience. Specifically, talk about a time when you were able to speak respectfully even when successful in dealing with a very structured work place.
    Tell me about a time when you were especially proud of your ability to notice a change in the enviornment and took action.

Interview Questions

• Good problem solving often includes a careful review of the facts and weighing of optionsbefore making a decision. Give an example of how you reached a decision by reviewing the facts.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to communicate something unpleasant to your manager or co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with constant emergencies or surprises at work. How did your planning help you deal with this?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience in dealing with routine work.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ombudsman Educational Services in November 2009.

Interview

The hiring process is very efficient and fast paced. When the company first takes interest in you, you can inquire as to all the steps of the process. The company is very nice and willing to help you to complete the interview process. I suggest that all teachers create and maintain a portfolio emphasizing your ability to work with a diverse student population.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to manage conflict between two opposing groups.   Answer Question
    • Explain how you would handle a disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question