Omgeo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Omgeo Interview Questions

2.9

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Omgeo (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview Process include initial technical interview over phone, if its cleared then face to face interview which was scheduled for more than 4 hours and if its cleared then negotiation with HR about pay composition etc.

Interview Questions

• Mostly for this role, requires Open Source technology experience, such as Core Java, Selenium   Answer Question

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then have two back to back onsite interviews with hiring manager and senior engineers. Mostly are behavior questions, about your background previoues experiences and culture fit, very less technical ones.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Omgeo (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Amoazing long and drawn out interview process for a consultant (contract) position, all things considered, but the communication was extremely unprofessional and highly pejorative. I was profoundly disturbed to find that the position was open due to the prior hire being canned a month into the job due to "inconsistencies on their application". What was disturbing is not that it happened, but that they felt compelled unconsciously to repeat that ad nauseum throughout the interview. Indeed all five of the panel interviewers mentioned this continually during the interview, which I found odd and incongruous, as I wasn't sure why this was necessary information to provide during an interview. Omgeo is very clearly hiding something. There is much more to that story I am certain. Left a bad taste in the mouth. When I left the interview, I felt like I had dodged a silver bullet.

Not one person that interviewed me had any experience or background in professional project management. Their questions and reactions to the answers to my questions belied this. I reviewed the background of every interviewer prior to the interview, and among all seven interviews for a Scrum master position nobody had even one technical or project management certification. I don't think any of them had spent any time working with Agile or Scrum framework at all. The entire world is moving to certified Scrum Masters from the Scrum Alliance, or the PMI institute's ACP, Agile Certified Practitioner certifications. I personally don't believe you need a piece of paper in order to succeed at anything in life, certainly not something so practical as Scrum framework or Agile PM methodology, however, the presence of such certifications on one's resume are becoming table stakes for working on the kinds of projects Omgeo undertakes on a regular basis for their many enterprise clients. One of the reasons for that is the requirement for documented realworld Agile / Scrum experience, along the lines of 2,000 - 5,000 hours at a minimum for many SM certs. Long story short, I don't think they have anyone working at Omgeo currently who was qualified to pass judgement on Scrum Master candidates. At least, that's how it seemed to me.

This interview process, for a consultant position, had all of the weight, stress and time consuming nature of an interview for a fulltime position. At one point, the hiring manager told me he didn't like working with contracts, because they were always looking for a permanent job or to leave soon. My thoughts were: put on your big boy pants and make a hire then. Or stop complaining during interviews, one or the other.

At every opportunity throughout this interview, whenever a question was asked, or I was not talking, each interviewer let it be known that their team is so young and inexperienced that they have no experience with, or even desire, to use Agile or Scrum framework. They mentioned that Omgeo is a "Revolving door", with guest foreign H1B visa workers and very headstrong (their word was 'Obstinate') programmers and development managers. Gosh, just what I was looking for...not.

I was continuously told that my predecessors had both become frustrated with working with the Omgeo team and had left for other contracts after a month (two in the case of my immediate predecessor). I was thought to myself: "Life is too short to waste, even in this nightmare economy". Decided to pass. i can get a better contract and work with people who won't make my miserable. I am a professional project manager, and I know now to avoid bad working situations. They are kryptonite to your career. Caveat emptor.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle altercations both between developers and your team and yourself regarding their obstinate reluctance to work with Scrum framework?   1 Answer

I could tell it was a working environment that would be too challenging, and I doubted their intentions to honor the term of the contract in question. They seemed to be hiding the true nature of the team's working environment and the frequent departures they seemed compelled to repeatedly mention during the interview.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omgeo (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening, then face-to-face interview with multiple people.

Negotiation

Back and forth between HR

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omgeo (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted through LinkedIn about scheduling a phone interview., and I replied with my number and a time that worked for me. The recruiter from the company replied saying he would give me a call at the prescribed time. Being at work, I had to find an empty office to hide in for a bit, and waited for the call. 45 minutes later, I emailed him back stating I could not wait any longer, and I would need to reschedule. He replied that was fine (without any explanation about the no-call), and we were back on for the following Monday.

After the phone interview, later that same day he scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. I met with him, and then three people from the group. The next morning I sent a thank you email and he replied that the hiring manager would be out until the end of the next week, and he would contact me then regarding the "next steps in the process". He never contacted me back, and that was that.

Pretty straight-forward interview process, all things considered, but the communication was pretty dreadful. The only unsettling thing I found was the position was opened due to the prior hire being relieved of their duties a month into the job due to inconsistencies on their application. Two people mentioned this during the interviews, which I found a bit strange, as I wasn't sure why this was necessary to share with a candidate.

That said, it seems like an interesting role and some good things are going on at the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult or out of the ordinary. All three people asked most of the same generic questions, so by the third person I had serious deja-vu.   Answer Question

Client Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Omgeo (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I had a friend pass my resume to the hiring manager. I then had a chat with a recruiter that led to scheduling a phone interview with the hiring director. The recruiter tasked me with preparing a short presentation that I'd have a few days to prepare and deliver to the Client Training Team.

Overall process took three to four weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you were in with a client, and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Performance Engineer - Silk Performer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Omgeo (Boston, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

1. Contacted by Staffing Agency for the position.
    2. Initial screening by staffing Agency in Silk Performer - very basic questions on Silk Performer scripts
    3. 1st Round with Performance Test Team Manager - Basic Silk Performer Scripting Questions
    4. Round 2 - Performance Lead - basic Silk performer Scripting and Workbench Questions
    5. Round 3, 4, 5 - Discussion with 3 individuals from the Performance team.
    6. Some questions from SilkTest and Functional Testing encountered. Although irrelevant for this position, it was fun to answer them.
    7. After 5 rounds Omgeo decided to go with a local candidate.
    8. Not a full fledged performance engineering interview. No questions on performance tuning, Result analysis.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Omgeo in November 2007.

Interview

The interview process was interesting. It consisted of several phone screens, and an all day interview with about 7 people, from engineers to the director of technology. I was tested in design, implementation, debugging, and communication. They also bought me lunch.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe the most complicated system I have ever build.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Omgeo (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Easy process, applied through a recruiter who managed the entire process. Met with 1 manager and 1 co-worker, straightforward process though when I requested multiple times to meet more people on the team and to ask more questions that was never organized (by the recruiter)

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Omgeo (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

2 interviews, with direct manager and level above, then offered job. Went via recruiter so feedback went through them, all in all straightforward and wasn't too challeneged in the questions asked