Omise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Omise

2.6

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Omise (New York, NY).

Interview

Since I was in Thailand, they asked me to visit office. The interview was okay. CTO interviewed me and he had like set of questions. it ranged from application security, cloud, infra, kubernetes, aws and networking. Interviewer was interrupted quiet a few times. Also twice it happend that somebody came knocking in the interview room to take him away. Overall it was okay experience. The interviewer was knowledgeable and gave pointers whenever he thought that I was missing on point. He didn't kept me waiting and immediately after interview told me that they are looking for someone more experienced.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between hashing, encryption and encoding?   Answer Question
    • You hanve to send some data over network, will you first encrypt it and then compress it or ither way round?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omise.

Interview

I have been contacted by HR and someone from the management at the same time for the first round.

First round was technical and with their senior software Engineer and Lead. It went very well and they were very happy with it.
    Second round was with the HRs and they asked my about reason of leaving of all previous companies and all sort of thins.

After letting me wait for almost 40 days by saying that you are in final shortlisting list and we will get back to you next week ( and then next week and then next and so on), they never replied or contacted again. And by that time (after 45 days) I have already accepted some other company's offer.

I can never understand how difficult it can be to atleast respond to an email and say NO.

A candidate has invested his/her time in you in today's fast growing environment where anyone looking for a change can get a job in 3-40 days. Wasting time and days and delaying on responses will never get you a good candidate.

Have fun with this attitude!

Interview Questions

• reason of leaving all previous companies even the first one of which I don't even now remember the reason   Answer Question

Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omise (Bangkok (Thailand)) in September 2017.

Interview

Poor experience HR ever and there is too much round for an interview. Some processes or interviewer can be cut out of the loop, it takes the process too long.

Interview Questions

• Some general question related to the position or the role that you have applied for.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omise.

Interview

I was initially provided with an entire interview process, estimated timeline, and next steps - this was very good. And then disaster and confusion occurred. Received multiple emails with conflicting information - i.e. "hi we are excited to interview you" in one email and then "sorry you are not qualified for this role" in the same day. Interviewers are very slow to respond. Email communications was disjointed as I received emails from 5 different people who didn't seem to follow my application correct. Wrote to the hiring manager - and had no response. Basics, SOPs, fundamentals of screening and hiring potential candidates was not existent in the whole process. Company seems disorganized and lacks credible hiring managers. My interest and curiosity to learn more about this company quickly dwindled away if radio-silence and unprofessional communications. The whole process took nearly 2 months and to this day I have yet to receive official response from their HR or hiring team. I'd suggest to take a good look at OmiseGo before joining.

Ruby On Rails Developer Interview

Interview

-HR Interview
    -Coding Challenge
    -Tech Lead Interview
    -CTO Interview

HR interview was a normal formality type of interview.

Tech Lead asked about my solutions to the challenge.

CTO ask generic questions about my experiences.

UI Designer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Omise.

Interview

Process overview:
    - Design exercise
    - Interviews:
        - Designers
        - HR
        - CTO

Overall experience was neutral. The Omise team were personally nice but the process can definitely be improved.

Summary:
    After applying, Omise sent me a design exercise to complete (their suggested timeframe was 1-2 weeks).

I spent a week on the exercise and after turning it in, I was contacted to schedule the 1st round of interviews with 2 people from the design team. The interviewers were prepared and good at conducting the interview.

Several days after the first interview, HR emailed me saying that I had been rejected.

Advice to applicants:
    My advice to future applicants is: don't spend longer than 3 full days on the design exercise. I was excited for the challenge and spent 1 week on mine. Looking back, I think the cost/risk/benefit ratio isn't worth it. Especially if you are applying to jobs, time spent on perfecting the design exercise is time you cannot spend on anything else.

Also, communication with the Omise team can be slow (other reviews reflect this). I would be more vigilant with getting in contact and staying up-to-date (don't make the same mistakes I did!). The process can get very long and dragged out. Keep emailing them to make sure your time is respected.

Good luck, and don't forget to have fun in the process :)

Advice to Omise:
    Many companies have stopped doing design exercises. They push a lot of burden to applicants because of the enormous amount of time required. I would advise Omise to either remove the design exercise or redesign it to be a smaller project.

The interviewers were prepared and good at conducting the interview. However, I would advise Omise to be more faster with communication. The process can take very long and this hurts applicants.

Omise is a great product and I wish you guys the best of luck in the future.