Omni Air Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Omni Air Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omni Air.

Interview

Base Maintenance Supervisor called me that he is interested in interviewing me. And that he recommended me to HR for there interview. HR interview is mostly about you as a person, and to see if you can communicate with them affectively. Once HR is satisfied, then a final interview with the Supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the procedures you have conducted as a Line Maintenance.
      Have you have any experience with Avionics.
      How do you feel about Taxing an Aircraft.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omni Air (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was not difficult. However, when asked to tell a little about yourself do not ramble on. Make it about a minute and shut up!! Make sure you are able to read and can retain information. This is only the beginning process. If chosen, there is a week training you must pass. The women who conducted the interviews were very nice but doing what they ask of you is important so pay attention.

First Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Omni Air (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a referral to the chief pilot from a current Omni Air International captain. He submitted my resume and cover letter to the fleet manager and chief pilot to review, then I was asked to talk with HR on the phone for an initial screening. After the phone screening I talked with HR again to give them some of my general experience and professional background. I received an application by email and filled it out then sent it in to HR for review. About a week after submitting my application I was called with an invitation to interview and set up a date and time. I was not too far away from Tulsa, OK for work, so I drove to my interview. They put me up in a hotel the night before and after my interview. We arrived at the Tulsa HQ building at 8 am. First I met with HR and answered some basic questions about my background and answered a few questions about my application. There was three of us there for the interview that day and we all stayed in a group. Next we talked to the fleet manager, introduced ourselves and answered "why Omni." He gave a company overview and explained work schedule, 18 days out and 12 days at home, home basing and gateway travel as well as time required for training, about two months. Training pay was confirmed at $500 per week, hotel paid and a van for the class to use while in training. The fleet manager made it clear that training was going to be tough and self motivation was a key to success. We then talked with the Teamsters Union Representative about ongoing negotiations and she answered our questions about pay and benefits. We were taken to a nearby clinic to complete a urine analysis drug test. Next we went to a near by flight school where we took a written test on basic FAR/AIM type flying topics and flew the Frasca simulator. The Seminole configuration was used to fly an ILS, missed approach and hold, then engine failures on takeoff. After the three of us were through Omni bought us lunch with the Fleet Manager and Standards Captain. All three of us were offered the job. Class dates and homework was given to us a few weeks later. It was expected that we complete 40 hours of computer based training on our own time before showing up for class.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Omni Air International and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Omni Air (Las Vegas, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

They did an overview of the company and then have you a break. Then, you come back and give a short speech about yourself and read a boarding announcement. They were very rude throughout the whole process and Lindsey from HR treats you horribly. I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omni Air (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It is like a 4-5 part interview the first section they have you state your name and last 4 of your Social Security number then they want a history of your customer service experience then they take a break and come back and when you come back they have you tell them why you want to work for Omni Air International after you do that they take a lunch break for a couple hours in which you fill out an application for the company and then you and you go into your interview you will have to describe how to PreFlight check the fire extinguisher in the exact steps they gave you earlier then you have two interviews with human resources and if you passed both of those you are fingerprinted on the spot and given a background check paperwork packet that is due in one week and they send you to get drug screened all in all I thought this was a fantastic interview process and I would highly recommend it for anybody I felt they were very thorough

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Omni Air International?   2 Answers
    • What skills do you possess and how will you apply them as a flight attendant   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question
    • How have you prepared yourself for this Interview and for the job   Answer Question
    • What is your customer service experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omni Air (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

They pick favoritism. I went to the open house. They had us go in front a panel of 3 and the other candidates at the open house, around 150 people, and say whether or not we were referred. Then they hired every person who was referred, but didn't hire the ones who were not referred. They pick favoritism. That entire process was humiliating to the candidates who didn't know anybody and didn't get picked. The male recruiter Jeff Staton is rude. He made faces at the candidates as they were giving their speech in front of the group. I don't recommend.

Interview Questions

• Say and spell your name, then tell us if you were referred and who referred you.   Answer Question

Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omni Air (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Met with HR rep and had interview then interviewed with HR and hiring manager. HR rep was really good and explained about company. Hiring manager mainly let HR do the talking.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omni Air (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Great interview, come into large room and meet all the friendly flight attendant and HR personnel. Overview of the company and what to expect! Loved one of the flight attendant got real with everyone which I think every airline should be! Would weed out a lot of people to begin with. Broken up into to big groups, were told very specific instructions and had one sentence to introduce ourselves to the group and employees. Took a break and if your last 4 of your social was on the paper you came back to sign up for times to conduct your next interviews! Filled out a bunch of paperwork! Follow instructions. Next you go to three interviews having to pass one to go to the next! Passed and am excited to start!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omni Air (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It is an all day process. They start with a presentation of the company; then break everyone down into groups at which you must read a script to show proficiency in reading a script in fluent English. If you make it past that, you meet with HR. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN ACCURATE AND THOROUGH 10 YEAR EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND. They take it seriously and will review it with a fine tooth comb. If dates of employment or any gaps are incorrect, they will dismiss you. After making it through HR, you meet with In-Flight Crew Members who ask you more questions about your experience. HR was actually more friendly and approachable than the inflight crew representatives, whom where neutral.

Interview Questions

• Why Omni Air?   1 Answer
    • They will review your professional experience.   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omni Air.

Interview

Pretty standard initially, You sign up in the event hall, Then you move to a room where they hold the presentation and where you present yourself along with showing them how well you can make PA announcements but after that it gets a little...Interesting and out of the norm...You fill out a paper application and you have to make sure you fill the whole thing out and sign every part of it! Some people were sent away for not signing the back!! After that you get to interview with the HR manager and she will look at your job history to see if you would make a good employee or not and then you go to the inflight manager and she will determine if you would make a good flight attendant, They give you some 'homework' to memorize which were instructions for safety equipment and then you get quizzed on it, I'm sure if you flop on that you go home too.
    I got my CJO (Contingent Job Offer) and got invited to training, Got my fingerprints taken and I was sent on my way with the all important manilla envelope with some ominous paperwork that they stress you need to make copies of and more importantly you can't fold it because you are being judged on how well you can follow instructions.
    Being prior-service military I rather liked their approach and I appreciated their strictness since this would weed out a lot of bad apples.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be a flight attendant with Omni?
      What can you bring to the company?
      Fairly standard FA interview questions but it felt everything had that Ominous Omni feel to it...But I rather enjoyed the recruiters they seem like good people.   Answer Question