Omni Hotels Director of Food Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Omni Hotels Director of Food Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director of Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (Austin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Process was quick and positive, all until the interview was over. I was brought in for a day and given the chance to meet the GM, HR Manager and a few other key players. I was not introduced to the F&B leads, however, and never saw the offices. Was rushed through the day and didn't get the time I felt was needed to really know me.

Interview Questions

• Can't think of one specifically, but all questions were very vague from the GM. He was obviously looking for a certain look and attitude, as opposed to understanding the skills/background of me.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omni Hotels (Boston, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

A series of interviews with 6 different managers, starting with a hiring manager, 2 HR, departmental level, director and GM. The average length was 40min-1h. Most challenging were the second interview and the rest appeared to be more of a formality.

Interview Questions

• What makes me think I can manage well a department of 50 people who have been in the business for longer than I've been alive?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Barely possible