Omnicell Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Omnicell (Mountain View, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager who spent the whole time asking questions and then said that she had to rush to a meeting (so I did not get a chance to ask any questions). Later I was asked to come on site for two interviews with 2 people interviewing me at a time. Again they bombarded me with questions without giving me a chance to ask any. However during the first interview it did become clear that the job was not at all like the one advertised on their site and had a lot clerical support type duties.
After the interviews I was contacted by the recruiter who informed me that she could offer me the job if I agreed to come on board on temp to perm basis otherwise I had to fill out a lot of paperwork and wait several weeks. I chose the latter option and filled out the paperwork and submitted them. I did not hear anything for 3 weeks after which I contacted the recruiter who informed me that they could only offer me the job on temp-perm basis. I was very surprised given the fact that I was clearly overqualified for the position and had made considerably more money at my last job than they were offering and even presented them with a great letter of reference from my former boss. However, I went ahead and accepted the temp-perm offer on the condition that I could have a face to face meeting with my future boss so that we could discuss the job and the requirements of becoming a permanent employee. Again, I was left in the dark for a week after which I contacted the recruiter who informed me that they had decided to give the job to an internal candidate with much less qualifications than I.

Interview Questions

• I was bombarded with a lot of question and the clear strategy of the interviewers were to convenince me that the job was a lot better than it actually was and that I barely met the qualifications for it. They were forcefully down playing my education and experience. By the way I have an MBA and 10 years of sales experience which included 5 years of direct experience in the business area of the company (Healthcare).   1 Answer