Omnicom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.5

Senior Vice President, Strategy Management, Unified Oncology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Responded to a posting on Linked In for the position. Messaged the Talent manager and he got back to me right away. It all happened very quickly. Next day I talked to a hiring lead, who was 20 minutes late for the phone interview and had a hard stop 10 minutes in. Agreed to meet in person, although given how briefly we spoke I can't imagine how he judged me a potential fit for their organization.

I got invited to interview at their NY office. Unified is the latest venture from Omnicom, a worldwide ad conglomerate that services a lot of industries. The first hint that something was wrong occurred when I looked up key staff on Linked In, and saw a few familiar names from an agency that my previous employer's team fired for incompetence in 2012. But I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and proceed with the interview.

I was late due to the weather, and was parked in a conference room until the interview lead showed up. We talked about their need for deep commercial strategy in oncology, which was right up my alley (12+ years experience) and it was going great. The next interviewee was late and so I only had a few minutes (again, same person who was late for the phone call), and I got thrown off my game and struggled to ask questions. The whole thing ended awkwardly, with them promising to get back to me in the next 1-2 days as they planned to proceed quickly.

Well, 3-4 days go by and I had to message the Talent Lead, during which time I asked about a form to submit my travel expenses, which were considerable due to the short notice of the trip (2 days).

The talent lead informed me that, not only did I not get the job (no feedback, no reason), but the company does not reimburse candidate travel expenses either! So, in addition to being unemployed, I felt scammed and victimized by the very company in whom I was going to trust the next big chunk of my career. Very glad I didn't join and I can't recommend to any other job seekers unless you enjoy getting scammed by predatory talent people and second rate leadership.

Word of advice: Don't nickel and dime pharma people, especially those of us who work in very small and specialized areas. We all talk, and the word is out on Unified Oncology now.

Support Engineer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (Hauppauge, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Sit down with project manager and then VP. They asked about my work experiance and how id handle a product developement test report plan. inquired about my familiarity with saftey standards, software developement and testing. discussed my roles with respect to quality process preparartion and risl managment issues for medical devices as will as product developement in general

Interview Questions

• How do you manage projects ?   1 Answer

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with 3/4 people on the team then two of the hiring managers. It lasted about an hour and a half. They walked through my resume and asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time there was an issue in a team you were working with and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Good and organized staff. Very clear communications in the beginning but could be better at follow up and next steps. Met with several senior managers who all seem to be friendly and nice enough.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from recruiter, to schedule a call. After canceling me on the day of the interview(!) we set up another appointment. During the phone interview, it was clear she had the phone on speaker and spoke from distance. When I mentioned that I was not able to hear her clearly, the recruiter did not bother at all to fix the issue, let alone apologize for the quality as the office I was located at the moment had full reception. The interview went on with her asking me the typical resume questions, no star stories, no why Omnicom and why this role. It was obvious she was unprepared as she was unable to follow up with my answers. The quality of the call was so bad i could barely hear her, even though I moved around and outside my office.

Just a note.. it very disappointing that global marketing companies, which are being awarded for their work and are attractive employers for Marketing professionals to put out there hr recruiters who are inexperienced and unfamiliar with the process. Very disrespectful to be interviewed by someone who does not put an extra effort to share why she enjoys her role and working for Omnicom. Also very disrespectful that an inexperienced hr representative would be in position to critically decide whether an experienced (2-3 years) candidate is qualified enough for an industry position.

Lost my respect for Omnicom.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with CIO and was contracted through PCM and brought into CDS. CIO was very nice and said he liked my experience and technical background. Made a couple of resume recommendations and then contracted me through hiring agency.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter for position. They gave me a background on the job and company to prepare. I then had an in person interview with a team member going over more details about the company, position, etc. Asked me about my resume, past experiences, schooling. Basically was to see if they could deal with me on a daily basis and get along with the team members. No difficult questions, very relaxed. A few days later, the recruiter called me and let me know that I'd be having a phone interview with the head of the group. That was basically a get to know you as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little ability to negotiate, all members of equal rank get same compensation

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interview rounds and one written exam. The first two interviews were basic, focused on basic skills and past experience. I met with various members of the team. The first interview was more general and the second focused on my skills. Written exam was the last round.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had difficulty managing a team?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Omnicom (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Skype Interview set up by recruiter. I met with the Manager and Director for seperate interviews. The interview was fairly straight forward and primarily focused on fit and interests.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this opportunity and how do you envision fitting into the group?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Omnicom (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

they never responded to my emails. finally got someone on the phone and sweet talked them into setting me up with an informational interview. from there showed them my projects and acted eager to learn. they kept me on short list until entry position opened up.

Interview Questions

• what 3 albums would i bring to a desert island with me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i had little leverage. since they weren't offering OT, i got them to increase initial offer by 2k