Omnicom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.5

Senior Vice President, Strategy Management, Unified Oncology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Responded to a posting on Linked In for the position. Messaged the Talent manager and he got back to me right away. It all happened very quickly. Next day I talked to a hiring lead, who was 20 minutes late for the phone interview and had a hard stop 10 minutes in. Agreed to meet in person, although given how briefly we spoke I can't imagine how he judged me a potential fit for their organization.

I got invited to interview at their NY office. Unified is the latest venture from Omnicom, a worldwide ad conglomerate that services a lot of industries. The first hint that something was wrong occurred when I looked up key staff on Linked In, and saw a few familiar names from an agency that my previous employer's team fired for incompetence in 2012. But I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and proceed with the interview.

I was late due to the weather, and was parked in a conference room until the interview lead showed up. We talked about their need for deep commercial strategy in oncology, which was right up my alley (12+ years experience) and it was going great. The next interviewee was late and so I only had a few minutes (again, same person who was late for the phone call), and I got thrown off my game and struggled to ask questions. The whole thing ended awkwardly, with them promising to get back to me in the next 1-2 days as they planned to proceed quickly.

Well, 3-4 days go by and I had to message the Talent Lead, during which time I asked about a form to submit my travel expenses, which were considerable due to the short notice of the trip (2 days).

The talent lead informed me that, not only did I not get the job (no feedback, no reason), but the company does not reimburse candidate travel expenses either! So, in addition to being unemployed, I felt scammed and victimized by the very company in whom I was going to trust the next big chunk of my career. Very glad I didn't join and I can't recommend to any other job seekers unless you enjoy getting scammed by predatory talent people and second rate leadership.

Word of advice: Don't nickel and dime pharma people, especially those of us who work in very small and specialized areas. We all talk, and the word is out on Unified Oncology now.

Production Artis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was told that my resume was reviewed and MAL wanted to meet with me. I met with the head of recruiting in the exterior lobby of the building for 10 minutes and was thanked and it was over. I thought I must have botched the interview but was called back that day for another interview the following week. This time I was able to meet in an exterior conference room outside of the main lobby (but still not in the "secret" working area where you have to give up your cell phone to enter). I met with the head of print production and the Studio manager. I was asked to interview again to meet the production team and we reviewed my skills. They expressed a concern that I'd want to "contribute creatively" and that I should not consider that as an option as a production artist. They also explained how every Tuesday they work until 2:00am and I should be aware of that. They contacted me a week later and said I was still in the running, then a week later they contacted me and said I was no longer in the running, but they had not made a selection. I've never seen such a complicated way to interview for a production artist position. Normally if the skills match the employer brings on the individual as a freelancer for a period of time to see if there is a fit and if there is job offers/negotiations begin. I found the experience odd, but not unpleasant.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with 3/4 people on the team then two of the hiring managers. It lasted about an hour and a half. They walked through my resume and asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time there was an issue in a team you were working with and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Support Engineer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (Hauppauge, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Sit down with project manager and then VP. They asked about my work experiance and how id handle a product developement test report plan. inquired about my familiarity with saftey standards, software developement and testing. discussed my roles with respect to quality process preparartion and risl managment issues for medical devices as will as product developement in general

Interview Questions

• How do you manage projects ?   1 Answer

DAS Accelerate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Through the application, one must write both a cover letter and a Curriculum Vitae. Often this must be disassembled to fit into their computer system and also must be tailored to the position. In addition to this, you also had to submit a 'brand essay'. This was supposed to discuss a particular brand of your choice and how you would improve it.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Omnicom (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Skype Interview set up by recruiter. I met with the Manager and Director for seperate interviews. The interview was fairly straight forward and primarily focused on fit and interests.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this opportunity and how do you envision fitting into the group?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Omnicom in February 2012.

Interview

One on One interview with Executive Producer on project. Basically it was a discussion to find out my experience and then a more general conversation to see if our personalities would click given the amount of time we would need to work together.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge with an event you produced?   Answer Question

DAS Accelerate Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Omnicom.

Interview

After submitting your application, you're invited to an open day consisting of presentations, a lunch networking session, and an interview. There are 2 open days, with a total of approximately 80 people total.
    Selection day consisting of a speed networking event, lunch networking session, and a presentation of your brand essay. At this point, there are only around 15 people (with 4 final positions to be selected).

Interview Questions

• The one interview consisted of very standard competency based questions, asking about points on your CV, strengths/weaknesses, challenges and how you dealt with them, your biggest accomplishment, etc.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Omnicom (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

they never responded to my emails. finally got someone on the phone and sweet talked them into setting me up with an informational interview. from there showed them my projects and acted eager to learn. they kept me on short list until entry position opened up.

Interview Questions

• what 3 albums would i bring to a desert island with me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i had little leverage. since they weren't offering OT, i got them to increase initial offer by 2k

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase