Omnicom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Omnicom Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.5

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Interview

The process consisted of two or three in person interviews with several members of the team. It was very casual and the interviewers handled most of the talking. Perhaps I should have interacted with them more because I was not offered a position at the company despite handling the interview better than I normally do.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the toughest situation I had encountered at my previous job   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Good and organized staff. Very clear communications in the beginning but could be better at follow up and next steps. Met with several senior managers who all seem to be friendly and nice enough.

Fellowship Program Interview

Interview

Waited for two to three weeks for the response. First-run: Video interview with three questions and one writing test, which took about half an hour to finish. You can check your camera and microphone first, they asked you to introduce yourself to let you feel more comfortable (this won't be recorded).

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

Company did not take a serious initiative in planning a structured interview process-which may be primarily with this branch of the organization. I fully paid my own transportation costs (flights, rental cars, etc.) two times to meet with the company in person. At both in-person interviews there was no set 'job description' or even vague list of daily activities. Office is very small, staff seemed hassled by the interview process. After two weeks of attempting followup, no offer given. Initial phone interview with Chicago office was pleasant, but also did not result in company followup or initiative. I would be very hesitant now to join the organization, and suggest proceeding with caution. Again, I stress that this was an interview with one branch of the company-and may not be an overall reflection.

Interview Questions

• No questions given regarding actual job duties- just made my own presentation.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Omnicom (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Attended an open house located in their Atlanta offices. After a brief tour of the office the 20+ interviewees spoke with several HR personell in a speed dating fashion. It was very casual and mostly unorganized. Several weeks after the open house I withdrew my application from consideration. It turns out that no one was selected for the Summer '12 fellowship. It was a real disappointment since it probably would have been a great experience.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult questions - just a general open house.   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter for position. They gave me a background on the job and company to prepare. I then had an in person interview with a team member going over more details about the company, position, etc. Asked me about my resume, past experiences, schooling. Basically was to see if they could deal with me on a daily basis and get along with the team members. No difficult questions, very relaxed. A few days later, the recruiter called me and let me know that I'd be having a phone interview with the head of the group. That was basically a get to know you as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little ability to negotiate, all members of equal rank get same compensation

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from recruiter, to schedule a call. After canceling me on the day of the interview(!) we set up another appointment. During the phone interview, it was clear she had the phone on speaker and spoke from distance. When I mentioned that I was not able to hear her clearly, the recruiter did not bother at all to fix the issue, let alone apologize for the quality as the office I was located at the moment had full reception. The interview went on with her asking me the typical resume questions, no star stories, no why Omnicom and why this role. It was obvious she was unprepared as she was unable to follow up with my answers. The quality of the call was so bad i could barely hear her, even though I moved around and outside my office.

Just a note.. it very disappointing that global marketing companies, which are being awarded for their work and are attractive employers for Marketing professionals to put out there hr recruiters who are inexperienced and unfamiliar with the process. Very disrespectful to be interviewed by someone who does not put an extra effort to share why she enjoys her role and working for Omnicom. Also very disrespectful that an inexperienced hr representative would be in position to critically decide whether an experienced (2-3 years) candidate is qualified enough for an industry position.

Lost my respect for Omnicom.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Omnicom in September 2008.

Interview

A headhunter contacted me and did 1 round of screening. Once the profile was deemed a good match by her, I was sent down to the hiring manager for a 1 hour behavior interview. Then 2 days later, I was sent to have another 1:1 with division head. Got the offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Will you pursuing an MBA shortly after you start with us?   Answer Question

Search Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Omnicom (Fairfax, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was extremely informal and casual. I chatted with one person on the phone while they were at home and for the in person interview the other person sat cross legged in a chair wearing jeans and a sweater. It felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

The process was fairly quick and I ended up receiving a higher salary as a result.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Two interview rounds and one written exam. The first two interviews were basic, focused on basic skills and past experience. I met with various members of the team. The first interview was more general and the second focused on my skills. Written exam was the last round.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had difficulty managing a team?   Answer Question