Omnicom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Omnicom Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.5

Fellowship Program Interview

Interview

Waited for two to three weeks for the response. First-run: Video interview with three questions and one writing test, which took about half an hour to finish. You can check your camera and microphone first, they asked you to introduce yourself to let you feel more comfortable (this won't be recorded).

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with 3/4 people on the team then two of the hiring managers. It lasted about an hour and a half. They walked through my resume and asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time there was an issue in a team you were working with and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Support Engineer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (Hauppauge, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Sit down with project manager and then VP. They asked about my work experiance and how id handle a product developement test report plan. inquired about my familiarity with saftey standards, software developement and testing. discussed my roles with respect to quality process preparartion and risl managment issues for medical devices as will as product developement in general

Interview Questions

• How do you manage projects ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Responded to a posting on Linked In for the position. Messaged the Talent manager and he got back to me right away. It all happened very quickly. Next day I talked to a hiring lead, who was 20 minutes late for the phone interview and had a hard stop 10 minutes in. Agreed to meet in person, although given how briefly we spoke I can't imagine how he judged me a potential fit for their organization.

I got invited to interview at their NY office. Unified is the latest venture from Omnicom, a worldwide ad conglomerate that services a lot of industries. The first hint that something was wrong occurred when I looked up key staff on Linked In, and saw a few familiar names from an agency that my previous employer's team fired for incompetence in 2012. But I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and proceed with the interview.

I was late due to the weather, and was parked in a conference room until the interview lead showed up. We talked about their need for deep commercial strategy in oncology, which was right up my alley (12+ years experience) and it was going great. The next interviewee was late and so I only had a few minutes (again, same person who was late for the phone call), and I got thrown off my game and struggled to ask questions. The whole thing ended awkwardly, with them promising to get back to me in the next 1-2 days as they planned to proceed quickly.

Well, 3-4 days go by and I had to message the Talent Lead, during which time I asked about a form to submit my travel expenses, which were considerable due to the short notice of the trip (2 days).

The talent lead informed me that, not only did I not get the job (no feedback, no reason), but the company does not reimburse candidate travel expenses either! So, in addition to being unemployed, I felt scammed and victimized by the very company in whom I was going to trust the next big chunk of my career. Very glad I didn't join and I can't recommend to any other job seekers unless you enjoy getting scammed by predatory talent people and second rate leadership.

Word of advice: Don't nickel and dime pharma people, especially those of us who work in very small and specialized areas. We all talk, and the word is out on Unified Oncology now.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from recruiter, to schedule a call. After canceling me on the day of the interview(!) we set up another appointment. During the phone interview, it was clear she had the phone on speaker and spoke from distance. When I mentioned that I was not able to hear her clearly, the recruiter did not bother at all to fix the issue, let alone apologize for the quality as the office I was located at the moment had full reception. The interview went on with her asking me the typical resume questions, no star stories, no why Omnicom and why this role. It was obvious she was unprepared as she was unable to follow up with my answers. The quality of the call was so bad i could barely hear her, even though I moved around and outside my office.

Just a note.. it very disappointing that global marketing companies, which are being awarded for their work and are attractive employers for Marketing professionals to put out there hr recruiters who are inexperienced and unfamiliar with the process. Very disrespectful to be interviewed by someone who does not put an extra effort to share why she enjoys her role and working for Omnicom. Also very disrespectful that an inexperienced hr representative would be in position to critically decide whether an experienced (2-3 years) candidate is qualified enough for an industry position.

Lost my respect for Omnicom.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Omnicom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Very casual interview, with multiple rounds because they wanted me to meet everyone on the team. This is important because you end up spending so much time working closely together and it's key that you get along. The interview itself was mostly about personality and team fit, since it was for a junior position. They were just looking for somebody that could get along with the team and client, and work hard. Good basic common sense and transferable technical skills are what they look for in foundation. Then from there, a desire to work hard and learn.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Good and organized staff. Very clear communications in the beginning but could be better at follow up and next steps. Met with several senior managers who all seem to be friendly and nice enough.

DAS Accelerate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Omnicom (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Through the application, one must write both a cover letter and a Curriculum Vitae. Often this must be disassembled to fit into their computer system and also must be tailored to the position. In addition to this, you also had to submit a 'brand essay'. This was supposed to discuss a particular brand of your choice and how you would improve it.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omnicom (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Smooth. Very organized and thorough. Met with very senior people who valued chemistry as much as qualifications. Met with 2 of the 3 Managing Partners at the same time. Really positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions about experience and qualifications.   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Omnicom (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with CIO and was contracted through PCM and brought into CDS. CIO was very nice and said he liked my experience and technical background. Made a couple of resume recommendations and then contracted me through hiring agency.