One Medical Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

One Medical Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2018

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at One Medical Group (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First of all,
    The interview is quite the process which can be a good or bad thing.
    Once your application has been reviewed you will receive a call from a recruiter to set up a phone interview.

The Phone interview: This interview is more introductory. They will ask about you and your experiences. They will also ask why you are interested in One Medical and all the general interview questions. If they decide to go through in the interview process they will set up a second interview which will be via webcam.

The WebCam Interview: The WebCam interview consists of you and 2-3 hiring managers. Each manager interviews for about 30 minutes and asks similar questions as the first interview. So this becomes repetitive. If they decide to move forward, you will go through a third interview which they call the "Day in the Life".

"Day in the Life": For this interview, you are assigned to a clinic where you will be shadowing a couple of employees. This interview is to see whether you are comfortable with the duties required of the position. This also gives you the opportunity to ask a lot of questions and actually give it a shot. Take calls and check-in patients.

Unfortunately for me, I was not offered the position.
    I thought I was doing well throughout the interview and actually went through all three phases.

If you are given the opportunity to interview for this position at One Medical, you need to show extreme passion in the healthcare field. That is one of the key factors in their decision making of whether to pursue a candidate or not.

Interview Questions

• What is one misconception that other people have about you?   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at One Medical Group.

Interview

First you fill out a "questionaire", then you have a phone interview, then a video/webinar interview, finally if all goes well you meet in person to live out the day in your role.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at One Medical Group.

Interview

Applied through Craigslist which led to their site. Uploaded resume and covering letter. Application included several Q&As. Next step is phone interview and then cam interview, followed by half day on-site.

Interview Questions

• How do other people perceive you. Give an example of excellent customer service. Why us etc.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at One Medical Group.

Interview

Got back to me within 1-2 days and scheduled a phone interview. Pretty standard questions and the interviewer was really nice and made the interview less nerve-wracking. Asked really straight forward interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at One Medical?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at One Medical Group.

Interview

It didn't take that long for them to recognize my application i'll say about 1-2 days and then they scheduled a phone screening interview based on my availability and then about 4 days later I had the phone interview. That went pretty well and simple. And her name was Jessica, very nice and respectful. I moved on to the second interview and that was the WebCam interview and I was faced with about 3 people who worked there. They seemed pretty chill so it wasn't bad. However, when I started asking questions about them and what they liked about their jobs, they seemed to trip up. I wanted all of to tell me what they liked about their job (because remember you're interviewing them as well) and only one spoke for everyone. Not a bad thing but I wanted all of them to answer my question. Besides that the questions were fair I guess. After the second interview I did not get the offer and I was totally fine with that. Don't get discouraged WHATS MEANT FOR YOU, WILL BE FOR YOU :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me a time where you made a mistake and how did you solve it.
      (not the exact words)What is a good and bad thing about working in a team?
      What would your worst critic say about you?
      What would your best critic say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at One Medical Group (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied to One Medical online after a friend had mentioned she enjoyed working there. They required a cover letter/resume and once I was submitting my application online I had to answer a few more basic questions online. The next morning I received an email that they would like me to choose a few available times for a phone interview. After my phone interview, they asked me to do an online interview via webcam, and gave me a few examples of questions to answer at the interview. The webcam interview was with two separate managers (back to back), each taking a total of 30 minutes. The day after my webcam interview I received another call from the same recruiter telling me the managers really liked me and wanted to proceed with an in person interview, called "Day in the Life". I came in a week later for my in person interview (Hayes Valley, SF), and was asked basically the same set of questions that I had continuously been asked at every interview. The third interview took about 3.5 hours (9am-12:20pm), when I first arrived I had to wait about 10 minutes (manager wasn't ready) then the manager took me into their break/back office room and had a mini-interview with me. After the mini-interview I sat in with a few office admins and watched them perform their job, and then as a wrap up I had another mini-interview with the manager once again. I thought all went well, and I even asked the manager if there were any concerns she saw, or anything she would like me to improve and she just told me to get more comfortable giving my coworkers criticism (something I told her I've never been asked to do). Then two days later I received an e-mail that they will not being moving forward (no reason) and to apply again in 6 months.

Pros:
    - Clean office
    - Nice staff
    - Starting was $18/hour, then after 6 months $19/hour, then after a year $20/hour

Cons:
    - Repetitive interview process, I was basically asked the same set of questions 4x times
    - Position was basically just a gloried receptionist
    - Staff lacked some professionalism (Example - witnessed the training office admin charging the wrong patient another patients copay. While patients were on hold were messaging on another on their messaging board/had their cell phones out )
    - While I was being interviewed in their break room, staff members were distractingly walking in and out and I was asked the same questions twice in a row (don't think the manager noticed she had already asked that question)

Interview Questions

• Q: Say your manager just told a VIP patient was coming in today, what would you do to prepare?   1 Answer
    • Q: Name an example when you had to criticize a coworker? How did you go about it?   1 Answer
    • Q: Tell us about yourself and how/why you applied to one medical?   Answer Question
    • Q: Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Q: Name a time when you had to deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at One Medical Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for the position. After 30 minute screening we moved forward to the phone interview with another data engineer.
    I asked him to send me his contact information after the interview but it didn't happen.
    Then I contacted the recruiter for the contact info but no response until a few days later when I got notified than they are not moving forward with my candidacy and provided no reasons.
    The hiring manager did not respond to my thank you email.
    Overall the team seems to be new and not professional in hiring and not respectful to the candidate.
    I saw many red flags and would not recommend it overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at One Medical Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The Process: Phone Interview —> In-Person Interview —> Day in the Life

I applied through their application portal and received a notification for the next step of the interview after about one week.

The phone interview was very brief. It was just a general introduction of yourself and the role. They do not ask a lot of questions, so I think it would be in your best interest to take charge of interview and ask as many questions about the role and the company as possible to demonstrate your interest.

About a week later, I was invited to do an in-person interview. I was told it would consist of two parts: (1) a longer interview portion with office managers and (2) a customer-service role play

Interview Questions were typical. The Customer Service Role Play portion was acting how you would respond to a new member calling about joining One Medical. You should know information about how One Medical functions (i.e. membership fees and what they go towards)

Then, a couple days after that, I was invited to participate in the Day in the Life portion where you are shown by current employees what you would be doing.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at One Medical Group (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Friendly and helpful HR person facilitated phone call with hiring manager, then onsite interview. Was to meet over 5 hours with several staff in central meeting room, starting with engineering then more senior staff. Expected a quick decision. Interview was terminated early and abruptly with no reason given other than initial feedback was "not good". Then escorted out.

Interview Questions

• Engineering led the interview, questions focused on theme "tell us how you helped when the product had a problem?   1 Answer
    • What was your release process and how diid you get customer feedback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at One Medical Group (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Three step interview process (phone call, webcam, day in the life) but it doesn't feel like a interview more like a conversation. Helpful tip: ask questions! They loved when I asked them how they got into One Medical.