One Network Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at One Network (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The HR Recruiter was very professional and communicative. She had mentioned that the hiring managers were "very picky" and insisted all candidates take a test. She sent me the test via email and I was given an hour to complete it. The test consisted of 15 short-essay questions and 5 multiple choice questions. The exam questions were essentially basic QA 101 knowledge questions.

I was called back to come in for an interview. I was somewhat taken aback during the actual interview as most of the questions were basically an extension of the written exam I
had taken days earlier. Instead of interviewing me for my ability to think methodically, solve problems and interact with other employees I was interrogated panel-style ( four interviewers at once) about my knowledge of basic QA concepts. I was so confused by the questions I actually thought I was missing something.

Within 20 minutes of the interview I knew this was not a place I wanted to work and these were not the people I wanted to work with. Three of the four managers interviewing me had no business interviewing people for positions - all they seemed to care about was showing me how much they knew about QA concepts and how I should have answered their questions. They need to take classes on behavioral interviewing. After the interview I sent a thank you email to the HR recruiter and politely asked to be removed from consideration.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical question: you have a team of ten software developers that have worked on a product for 5 years. They now have to develop a new version of this application but only have 3 months to develop and test it.

What would the QA estimate be?   2 Answers