OneBeacon Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

OneBeacon Insurance Group Interview Questions

3.1

Underwriting Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneBeacon Insurance Group.

Interview

Initial screening interview via phone. Very laid back, general questions asked and recruiter was very nice. She followed up quickly to schedule an in person interview. That last about one hour and was also laid back. Overall a good interview experience. Met with three people during the in person interview and all asked similar questions. Great emphasis on multitasking for this role and dealing with different personalities.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage several different tasks and deal with multitasking?   Answer Question

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OneBeacon Insurance Group (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

nice and relaxing felt very much at ease and really enjoyed the interview , i only wish it was longer to express my talents to all interested, very professional and engaging, would recommend to a friend

Interview Questions

• what i enjoy doing key hobbies , most challenging event at work, what would i change,etc. would like to work in a warm climate and open to travel   1 Answer

better offer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OneBeacon Insurance Group (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview to go over your resume, and overall goals. She will determine if you get the second phone interview. I didn't think I did well on the first one, so I was surprised / lucky to get the second. The second phone interview will last about an hour, and they will ask you many questions about yourself / experience / OneBeacon. Lastly, you will interview in person. If you do well in that interview, you will be offered the position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneBeacon Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Over the phone. We just talked about workers compensation over the phone. There were two people over the phone and we just chatted about workers compensation. We also discussed the industry, what was going on at One Beacon, and to see how I would fit in the team.

Interview Questions

• They just wanted to talk to me over the phone, there was no question I could adjust claims.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They started out at less than I was making and that wasn't going to work. Finally, came up about $5K more and that was acceptable.

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

I was very impressed with how smoothly the process was.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OneBeacon Insurance Group.

Interview

1 phone call with Human Resources
    1 phone call with Hiring Manager to discuss the role and feel out culture
    1 onsite visit with interviews with 3 staff members and supervisor regarding technical skills and personality
    1 onsite visit with a few more staff members and managers for similar conversations

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OneBeacon Insurance Group.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and through a friend that had connections to the hiring manager. Received a call within 2 days and an interview within 2 weeks. No panel interviews, but one with hiring manager, one with team lead and two others with business partners. All interviews were laid back. One week after I interviewed I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were mainstream....nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Actuarial At the Minneapolis, MN Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OneBeacon Insurance Group (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

1. Applied on company's website
    2. Got call from HR recruiter who told me a little more about the position and asked me a few questions. Didn't really feel like a phone screen. She then set up a phone interview with hiring manager.
    3. Phone interview with hiring manager.
    4. On-site interview.
    5. Job offer

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. The people I spoke to were all very easy going, even the senior executives.   Answer Question

The role didn't fit my career goals. I plan on applying again if a more interesting position opens up.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneBeacon Insurance Group (Canton, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was more of an "inquisition". The recruiter wanting to ask all the questions, but never wanted to answer mine. After interviewing with hiring managers, I never heard back from the recruiter, despite following up numerous time.