OneLogin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.6

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OneLogin (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter (cold). Had a connection form earlier in my career. Couple chats on the phone, then on site for 4 hours. Frustrated as no feedback was given.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle inheriting a team?   1 Answer

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OneLogin (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Disclosure
    *The interview process was accelerated: this is not indicative of then process which usually takes about a week*

- The interview was one day, 3 1/2 - 4 hours. I met with a total of 6 people.

- I met with upper management first and and then some people from different departments that I would be regularly meeting/working with on a regular basis.

- I had a work sample and a presentation, both of which I shared at the end of the interview process with the original interviewer and hiring manager.

My thoughts about the interview:
    I don't believe they felt pressured into making a decision. My experience and what they were looking for just lined up, and luckily at the right time.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone. They were incredibly kind and didn't ask stupid questions. As an interviewee that's really all you can ask for, and I'm fortunate that's what I received, in addition to a healthy offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of the training programs you've created:

- Describe the process of designing your training.

- Describe the process of implementing your training.   Answer Question

OneLogin Response

May 11, 2016 – Technology Recruiter

Welcome aboard!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OneLogin (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I have talked with about 30 companies in the past two weeks. The process has been grueling but every single person that I've talked with has been great.

My interview OneLogin was an incredibly negative experience.

OneLogin reached out to me, I talked with a recruiter, who then put me in touch with a director -- unsure if he was technical or a recruiting director, but it was a non-technical interview.

It seems that I was considered for a role beyond my skill level, and when asked about my past experience, the interviewee was quite rude and negative about me not having the correct skills for the job. I don't mind not being considered, but I don't believe I should be belittled for having the job experience that I have.

Perhaps OneLogin should reconsider their talent acquisition process or resume reading skills so they don't end up considering candidates that are "just doing feature building".

Perhaps they should learn some manners and people skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like Python?   Answer Question
    • How can I ask you questions about architecture when it seems that you are just doing feature building?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OneLogin (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process was well organized and neatly conducted. The office space was really good and the perks seemed good too. The interview was not that technical for a technical role. It was very much oriented towards general questions. Not a typical silicon valley kind of interview. There was one phone interview with a director, one coding assignment and one telephonic technical screen. Followed by 4 rounds of onsite. The technical questions very very simple and most of the interviewers were focussed more towards a cultural fit.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Started with a coding challenge over video chat with one of their engineers. Then an onsite interview with 4 team members, 30 minutes each. Variety of questions about designing web applications, javascript and ruby on rails.

Interview Questions

• What are the values of the variable 'i' at given points in the code:

console.log(i);
      for(var i = 0; i < 5; i++)
      {
         console.log(i);
      }
      console.log(i);   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at OneLogin in October 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward and to the point. Great office, great atmosphere. Worried that management misses out on great opportunities for additions to the team for irrelevant reasons. Overly qualified candidates often passed over.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OneLogin.

Interview

Phone screen with upper leadership and then onsite interview. Not much technical discussion but discussed core values and how I would approach certain scenarios as a manager. Speaking with upper management it seemed like they were headed in the right direction with a strong push to tackle their technical debt. Everyone was very friendly and motivated and had a good discussion with them all. Declined the offer because after much thought, I wanted to go in a different direction.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at OneLogin (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen to go over basics and answer some questions, then I had an in office interview where I spoke with three people: the SDR manager, the director of sales development, and an SDR team leader. They were all really nice, and the entire interview process was very well organized by the recruiter, Sam.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneLogin in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiting department at this company is unbelievably incompetent. I submitted my resume via GlassDoor and a recruiter reached out to schedule an interview. I replied and gave her some available times, didn't hear back from her until a week later. When she got back to me she apologized profusely and asked if I would give her another chance. I said sure, and gave her more available time to talk. We scheduled a time for the next day. I ended up having a conflict with the scheduled time and emailed her before hand asking if we could move it to the next day. She didn't reply to my email and and also didn't call me at our scheduled time. She finally responded to my email the next day and said "I'm booked back to back tomorrow." Yeah well I wasn't asking about "tomorrow" since I had sent that email yesterday asking about her availability today. Finally I told her to forget it, plenty of companies out there that are capable of scheduling a simple phone screen.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OneLogin (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Very smooth as the phone screens with recruiter and hiring manager were efficient, friendly and professional, and the onsite was very well organized. I met with 5 or so people from different functions, all of whom would be by team-mates in various ways. All friendly and respectful. However, there was zero tech screen which surprised me. Not strictly a coding role, but I was expecting to prove I could program to a professional standard. Lastly, I think they have quite a junior development team, so they are looking for a mentor type leader who can come in and raise standards without killing morale or productivity.

I did not get an offer, and we didn't get to talking renumeration, so I cannot comment on that. I am not sure why I was passed over, but I think I did not have sufficient examples or empirical evidence to back up my answers, which is fair enough. Be sure to be exhaustive when citing prior experience would be my advice.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you deal with problem or insubordinate direct reports that are disrupting meetings or spreading a negative vibe?
      2. How do you coach junior programmers on improving their code?   1 Answer