OneMain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OneMain Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (Marietta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email for phone interview. Had phone interview with recruiter. A week or so later received another email for a face to face interview. It seemed to go well, but this job is for a certain type of person. You must be a go getter, you will work long hours, and you have to be a great multi tasked. You will be required to go out and drum up business as well. A typical day working here is making sales calls to former clients, making collection calls and taking care of phone calls and closing any loans. They require about 20 a month. One thing to remember is that this job you wear many hats and it takes close to a year to be comfortable in your job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an issue with a customer and had to think quick on your feet.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co worker or manager and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you signed up for extra responsibility and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your current job and what you do there?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were in leadership role and the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you motivated a team as a leader?   Answer Question

Personal Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OneMain (Tacoma, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with an online application, then got an email from the recruiter. Set up a time for phone interview but last min she cancelled so she called to schedule another one for a later time. She was a few mins late to call. Process was smooth. Then I was scheduled to meet with branch manager then next day met with district manager. Both were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet a goal deadline and what you did to complete it   Answer Question

OneMain Response

Nov 1, 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're committed to providing a fair and positive interview experience. We encourage you to provide further feedback to hrsocialmedia@onemainfinancial.com so... More

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OneMain (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online after reviewing their website and watching a 20 minute video. I researched starting salaries in my area and the data showed mid 40's. They outsource the initial interview to Kelly and I immediately received an invite to schedule a phone interview. I did. The interviewer was late and disorganized and asked if she could call me back. I graciously said yes and waited while I juggled my schedule to accommodate her.

Interview Questions

• We didn't really get to the interview as she started with my salary expectations. I had answered some pre interview questions she sent via email. While I hate discussing previous salaries as I am taking a step down in income but really need a job. She said mid 30's and it appears that if this is a cold call sales role, commissions are only paid when goals are met. I spoke to two former employees who were much younger and used this role as a stepping stone for better roles with other companies and they said the goals were unattainable.   1 Answer

OneMain Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Community Manager

We're sorry you did not have a positive experience with our recruiting team. We're committed to providing an exceptional candidate experience throughout the process. We encourage you to provide... More

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (Hollywood, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 interviews at various locations throughout the area. The 1st is a remote/phone interview where you speak with a recruiter. The district manager and branch manager that I met with were looking for someone who could sell the loan and close the deal. They stressed that it was really important to meet monthly goals. In the end, I did not feel that it was a right fit for me because I could not see myself selling something that I myself would not buy. The company intentionally loans to people with below average credit and follows up with them through collections. The interest rates are higher than that of local banks. The justification given for this was that there are other businesses in the industry who have even higher interest rates. Sure that may be true, but in the end getting a loan from a legitimate bank or having a trustworthy person cosign with you(as a customer) seems like the better alternative.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you overcame a customer's objections(including price) in order to complete the sale of a product or service?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OneMain (Charleston, SC) in September 2017.

Interview

I was referred from a friend and went in and the regional manager asked me questions on why I wanted to have this internship and why I would be a good fit for One Main Financial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goshen, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain (Goshen, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online and then got an email 2 days later to schedule a phone interview. The interview was a good experience, the recruiter was very professional. 2 days after the phone interview he called me to say he was going to send my application to the branch manager and she would contact me to say if she wants to interview me face to face or not, she would call me with a yes or no. It was 24 h ago, I haven't heard from the manager yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The Sales Management Trainee position is a complete joke, and it's very misleading. This is not a management trainee opportunity, it is a sales rep opportunity. When asked what the training program to become a manager was, the interviewer simply said that in two years, if you've done well with hitting your sales goal, and displayed some type of leadership traits, youll get your own store.

Interview Questions

• Would you like me to explain more about this position or are you already familiar with it?   Answer Question

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain in July 2017.

Interview

Applied Thursday of last week, received email Friday asking for a phone interview. I scheduled it for the following Monday and it went well. Basic interview questions. Easy. I have a face-to-face interview on Thursday. Will update info afterwards. 30k-35k/yr plus commission is what the recruiter told me.

Interview Questions

• What was my language and did I know any other languages   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Initially applied online. Received a phone call two days later where we scheduled an in person interview. Nothing out the ordinary at the interview all the same questions we're used to "Tell me about yourself" Why our company". Offered a second interview about a week later and offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why our company? Tell me about yourself? Where do you see yourself in two years?   Answer Question

Senior Personal Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (Irving, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Had three total interviews, the first was with a branch manager then the second was with a different branch manager. After the second interview I was invited to come in and shadow a team member and see what it would be like to work there and then small meeting with the branch manager after. After that I had a third and final meeting with the District manager and was offered the job a week after.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me a candy bar?   1 Answer