OneMain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OneMain Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.6

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed. Heard back after three weeks from an HR rep requesting a phone interview. Two weeks later I got a call from a sales person at the branch asking me to come in for an in-person interview. Still waiting to find out.

Inter Interview

Interview

Very quick process. There was the an online application in which I heard back within a week, and was able to setup an interview. I was hired on the spot and was able to start within 2 weeks.

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OneMain (New Orleans, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took a week and a half, it could have been sooner if I would have checked the email I set up specifically for One Main. I received an email stating that One Main wanted to set up a phone interview, I scheduled the interview for 3 days later. I had a very pleasant phone interview and was told by the recruiter that she would pass my information on to the hiring managers and that I could hear back from her as early as the same day to set up a second interview. I am almost a week in and have not heard anything as of yet. I am praying that I can get on with One Main. Hope this helps.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain (Medina, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview had very typical interview questions and they ask questions going off of what's on your resume. She said within a week I should be getting a call to schedule an in person interview it's only been a few days so I'm still waiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (New York, NY).

Interview

Shortly after application I was sent an email saying my info was reviewed and a phone interview was in order. A phone interview was conducted with the HR lady and then a interview with the branch manager was scheduled for a few days later. Once that interview was done, a second face to face interview with the regional manager was conducted for a total of 3 interviews. Still awaiting a decision. The process took about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a situation when you encountered problems during a sale and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation when you had issues with co-workers or supervisors and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OneMain (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter that contacted me was very rude and the whole experience was very unpleasant. Based on my interaction with the recruiter, I was actually very discouraged to further continue with the interview process for this company.

Interview Questions

• Why OneMain Financial?
      Do you see yourself with OneMain in 5 years?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OneMain (Springfield, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and few days later I got an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was easy and the lady seemed really bored and uninterested. I received an email about an hour later to set up a face to face interview. The manager was unprepared to see me and wasn't aware of my school schedule which I did discuss over the phone interview. The "office" was very grey and gloomy. The vibe was very depressing and was not somewhere I'd like to be. The pay was different than what online has posted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (Douglasville, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I was contacted by phone by HR. She was really nice and gave me great advice on how to get through an interview, if I were picked. The following week I received an email from a recruiter to set up a face to face interview with the branch manager. She was so cool and relaxed. I felt that interview went great. 2 days later I received an email for a 2nd interview with the district manager. I thought that went great as well. He was so nice and even suggested interviewing me for a location closer to my home. I was for sure I got the job. The next day I received an email saying they decided to go with other candidates. I honestly don't know what happened and I matched the minimum requirements. At the end of the day, I'm assuming they went with someone with more experience. Although I had a great experience, I am pretty disappointed I wasn't given a chance to work with their team.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sylvania, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (Sylvania, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online 12/20/16. Phone Interview 1 week later. In person interview 2 weeks later. Completed online MS Office tests to prove skills and tested in 85th percentile. Job offer 3 weeks later. Salary was generous and did not negotiate. Benefits look amazing! Very excited to start working for such a long-standing, successful Company.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Interview

It was pretty good and straight to the point...had to tell a little bit about myself...was pretty laid back and comfortable...they people there seemed to be really nice, but me applying for the Round Rock location, the drive for the interview for me was far...but they worked with me on changing my time...