OneMain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OneMain Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OneMain (Hattiesburg, MS) in December 2016.

Interview

Quickly received call from recruiter from Kelly OCG. Basic questions, 2+ weeks went by then received call back to schedule interview with DM. Very basic questions. Still in process of applications.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OneMain (Fort Mill, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a STAR based interview process after briefly discussing my employment history and qualifications. They love prior experience so make sure to talk about how awesome you are at collections. The interview scenarios were long and exhausting, making things up centered around the question is hard when you have to do it 15 times. Took about an hour. I received a call a week later with the offer. All paperwork and background check is online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a dispute with a co worker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OneMain (Manassas, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the Store Manager for the first interview, then went on to interview with the District Manager a week later. The hiring process was what took the longest, I'd say. About a month after I was offered and accepted the job offer, I started. Other than that, I'd say an outgoing attitude, and having knowledge of what the company does goes a long way.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company and what we offer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OneMain (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was quick and easy, smooth, very similar to what I read on Glassdoor. Thanks very much. I didn't want the job after I got the phone when they asked me to transfer. Go Cubs! ;)

Sale Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process lasted exactly a month. I submitted an application online was called for a interview with Branch Manager. Interviewed with the District Manager the next week and interviewed briefly with a recruiter over the phone later that week.

Complaint Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain (Evansville, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Great interview. Felt very relaxed yet professional. I really think they did a great job in trying to see the "real me" throughout the interview. I was given adequate information about the job and work environment.

Interview Questions

• what I currently do on a day to day basis at my job now.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (Tacoma, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed once with the branch manager at the location I was selected for and again with the District manager. After the interview with the District manager I received a phone call from the manager at the branch I was selected for notifying me of my selection. The next day I received a call from OneMain HR in Maryland telling me what to do next in order to complete the on boarding process.

Interview Questions

• Asked me how I felt about overcoming objections in a sales situation   1 Answer

Senior Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OneMain (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Nice relax conversation with branch manager. The company has a long history and they offer a good variety of loans. The company is soon merging with springleaf and there is good growth opportunities.

Interview Questions

• About previous work history. I was asked if I had ever worked per objectives, if I had management experience?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OneMain (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

First they called and set up a phone interview, which was pretty standard and then they sent me out to an in-person interview. I don't feel that the in-person interview was very professional and it seemed very hurried. They questions asked did not seem well thought out or very detailed.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (Richmond, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called by someone in their HR department and they set up an interview time and place. Once I was hired I was emailed and given a week to respond. The HR department did most of the work. I was then set up to meet with the branch manager who wasn't very prepared. The questions were definitely made up on the spot. The branch manager asked questions about my work ethic which I thought was very relevant. The only thing I would change was how they would described the job description and be more transparent.