OneMain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OneMain Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.6

Collector III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain in August 2015.

Interview

Very long , a quiet conference room with one supervisor. She was an hr late , walked past me and did not introduce herself or even speak. Very personal and explained she was not a people person.

Senior Branch Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (Plymouth, NC).

Interview

Branch Manager can in my prior job liked my skills advised me of the position told me to go online to apply
    I went to CitiFinancial's Website Applied For the job online
    Called to do a phone interview
    Then Came in branch to interview with Branch Manager
    Then Cam back in to interview with Craig Gibbs

Recruiter/Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OneMain (Arlington, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic interview questions were asked during the Phone Screening and 1st Phone Interview. I thought they both went really well and was given a lot of information about the department and expectations within company. I was hopeful about the position but, I never received another call back/email saying I didn't get the job. Even after emailing the person (Recruiter) who originally emailed me about my interview availability. After a few weeks, it was apparent I didn't received the position. I guess I really just wanted confirmation and get feedback from the interview.

Branch Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OneMain (Oshkosh, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

enjoyed the process so far, met with the distract manager at a career fair and felt a good connnection. Feel a little indifferent about the business since it is giving out loans to low credit people, and kind of feel like it is unethical. At the same time there is a reason why it is available and their is a business for it, people with low credit need loans, that simple.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OneMain (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process included a phone screen by HR, phone interview by hiring manager, face-to-face interviews with a project manager, a manager outside of the PMO, the hiring manager's manager, and that person's manager (who reported to the CEO). Two separate trips to the company were needed for the interviews. Following the interviews a rigorous screen process was used, which included a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you completed with your last employer.   1 Answer

Interview

First you get a call from HR to set up a phone interview, then one with the branch and district manager. Interview is pretty straightforward, tell me a situation and how did you handle it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you needed the support of a team member to accomplish a goal?   Answer Question

Consumer Loan Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain.

Interview

I had a telephone interview. the questions were normal interview questions. The phone interview was with a Human Resources Assistant. the interview did not seem very personal. The questions focused on my background and lending skills. The interview lasted approximately twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for One Main Financial   1 Answer

Credit Underwriter Interview

Interview

Applied online, called three days later for interview, interviewed with 3 managers for about 1.5 hours, was called back about a week and a half later and offered the job from one of the managers who interviewed with me. Took a while for the recruiter to email me with the actual job offer. The hiring process with HR is extensive including drug test, finger printing, multitudes of forms to fill out. Everyone was extremely friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you went above and beyond for a client?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call about 3 weeks later from a recruiter. About 2 weeks after that I got a call from the DM and was asked to come for an interview with her and the Branch Manager. I did a normal interview with them and was told they'd be choosing someone within 2 weeks. 2 weeks later (today)I was called back with an offer from another recruiter. I was told I'd be getting info in the mail for fingerprinting and drug testing. I haven't started working there but did accept the position. Everyone so far has been so nice, helpful and very pleasant. I'm very excited to start working there.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you suggested something to your manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, I got the pay I had requested on my interview. I actually got $0.40 more than requested.

Collector III Personal Loans Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneMain (Irving, TX).

Interview

I was contacted via email about 1 week after I applied online. I was asked to come in for an interview within that same week. I was offered the job on the spot. The interview process was easy, and the questions were the basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker, and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, the salary was already set.