OneNeck Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SQL Database Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OneNeck (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

After speaking with the person I interviewed with, I found him extremely rude, immature and needs to practice his interview skills(not just reading from a script). He asked questions that were not part of the interview process and were quite insulting.

After his Sr level questions he went to a child mode and spoke like a 15 year old and acted like he was above everyone else.

Ex. "When you come in first thing in the morning, what would you do as a DBA?" Pause. "Aw...you can do it. Answer it. I know you can." in a very mocking voice and giggling...

Inexperienced in a certain role is one thing but acting like a fool is another. This was completely mocking the interview process and is representing the company. I would not advise people like this taking part in future interviews.

The best part probably was me just taking notes on the interview questions and the situation.

Interview Questions

Operations Manager - Windows Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OneNeck (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

I interviewed in July/August 2014 for Operations Manager - Windows position. This is a management role for a team of 15-20 engineers including 2 managing supervisors. I went through three rounds of interview. First round was with internal HR. They ran through a list of pre-defined questions. Typical scenario questions about my management style. "How do you handle employees that are not meeting expectations. or How do you handle an angry customer?". I went through to the second round of interview, in person, with the Hiring Manager. I was told I am one of 4 candidates considered for this position. I was asked similar questions. Typical management style questions to show how I can deal with my subordinates, customers and the entire operations process. I did well on the second round and come back for my 3rd interview, also in person. This time I met with other members of the team. I went through a series of technical questions. Mostly Windows related. I did well on technical part. Then proceeded with similar management style questions. It was down to myself and one other candidate for this position. I left the 3rd round feeling very confident. This was on a Thursday. I was told that a decision would be made the following Monday. The following week came and went and further information. I called HR for status update and was told everything was on hold due to internal changes. This came as a surprise. Why drag me and the hiring staff through multiple rounds of interview only to put everything on hold a couple of days later? I waited for 2 weeks with no reply until a call came back on Friday Aug. 5th. I was told that The Operations Manager role was to be relisted but at a reduced rate or $30K less than was previously offered. Obviously a poor excuse, considering that half of the reporting staff is already making more than the offered rate for this management position.

It's evident that neither myself nor the other candidate were selected for this role. Perhaps the hiring manager felt none of the previous candidates were qualified. I can understand that, but why keep us suspended and lie in the end? Just be honest and explain what it was that we lacked in my qualifications so that I may improve elsewhere. I would love to have some closure on this.

It's apparent that based on previous reviews, this company is going downhill. They keep losing faith from their existing staff, and clearly this is evident in their interview process and they wasted my time for 5 weeks. I could have used that time for effectively to secure another position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked by the hiring manager to provide an example when I had to break the rules at work.   1 Answer