OneSource Virtual Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OneSource Virtual (Euless, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The Employment Mgr. contacted me after meeting me at a Career Fair. He explained that I would have a phone interview first, then a face-to-face interview with the Client Relations Manager if all went well and he would follow up with an email confirmation. When I received the email confirmation later that day I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had skipped the phone interview and scheduled a face-to-face interview with the Client Relations Manager for the following Monday at 2:30 P.M.

I completed the on-line application, the consent forms for a background check and drug screening, prepared fresh resume's along with recommendation letters and references for the interview. On Monday at 2:00 P.M. I get a call from the Client Relations Manager asking where I was...I had a 2:00 appt. I explained that the email conformation clearly stated 2:30. She said she couldn't possibly see me at 2:30 and that we would have to reschedule. I was less than 2 miles away, from a 30 mile drive when I got this call (not to mention that I had cancelled the annual family trip to Six Flags so I could make this interview). A few minutes later the Employment Manager called to reschedule - he never apologized for the mistake - and said that it would have to be phone interview this time.

When I got home, I forwarded the confirmation email to the Clients Relations Manager so she would know that I had not made the mistake. I got a automatice out-of-office reply from her so I assumed she would see this when she got back to the office.

My phone interview was scheduled the following Wednesday morning at 9:00 A.M. The Client Relations Manager called at 9:10. She couldn't find the hard copy of my resume and asked me several questions about my experience and seemed to be impressed with my teaching experience. I was told by the Employment Manager at the Career Fair that I didn't have to have any type of HR certification and that they would train me how to facilitate training for their clients. In fact, "...we've hired many teachers for this job because that's what it is...it's teaching people." Apparently this is no longer the case. The interview came to an ubrupt halt when the Client Relations Manager said they were really looking for someone that already knew software. Why they were at a Career Fair at a local university seeking people that already knew their software and could teach others is puzzling. Again - never apologized for the scheduling error Monday.

Interview Questions

• I've lost your resume...can you tell me about your experience?   Answer Question

I really wasn't offered the position, but if I had been I would have declined. When people show you what they're like the first time....believe them. If they could make a mistake that inconvenienced me just based on the time I had to take to fill out their forms, prepare for an interview, and drive 60 miles and never even apologize - there's no telling what they would do. Very unprofessional.