Onin Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.3

Accounts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Onin Group (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

12 hours of interviews over 2 weeks.. Very intense but worth it. Glad to have people who care enough to get to know you! Not all interviews are this long, but it is tailored for each person which is very nice.

Interview Questions

• They always ask what you've failed at. Great question for learning how you react to certain situations and can overcome obstacles.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Onin Group (Rock Hill, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

I filled out application and watched safety video. I spoke with on sight manager who informed me of all of the job opportunities in the area. She assisted me with direct deposit forms and explained insurance coverage.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have in warehouse work?   1 Answer

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kernersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Onin Group (Kernersville, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very professional. The recruiter was very informative and encouraging. I was given an over all detained description of my job duties and what was expected of me at he job site. All the important details were given to me concerning the rules and regulations of the company that I was contracted to work for. The recruiter did an excellent job of preparing for employment at the site.

Forklift Wear Housing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Onin Group (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

i talked to Jeremy over the phone from Las Vegas and he put me to work as soon as i got here he told me of two jobs they had open he sent me to interview with one company and while the background was being done he had me set up to work temporary at another job
     Jeremy Rand always knows his people and knows what a good fit for client and worker
    he made me feel like we have known each other for years....

Interview Questions

• he asked me what i am able to do   2 Answers

Temp Position Interview

Interview

Simple and stress free interview process. Be prepared with what you can do on a daily basis! For me it was a temporary position and they helped find a place where i could use my skills.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Onin Group in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and on-site meeting moved along very quickly. Was offered the position at the interview but I still had further questions - plus wanted to meet the staff. A 2nd on-site meeting was set but before that date came around I received a generic email stating another candidate had been hired. Needless to say I was shocked and disappointed! Very little feedback was provided. So unprofessional - not to mention rude.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Onin Group in July 2014.

Interview

Lengthy yet focused, scientific at times with the tests taken.The one on one interview was great, conversational and open. Panel interview and presentation was the more challenging part considering the change in direction and projections they were seeking.

Interview Questions

• What would your significant other say would be your drawbacks?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smooth and very open to discussion as well as options.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Onin Group (Cullman, AL) in March 2014.

Interview

Mass interview with a room full of other applicants. The ad stated full-time and $10-12/hr and full benefits package. However, they only hire for 30 days at a time to avoid benefits and talk you down to $8/hr even with a Bachelors degree and years of experience. You will be offered the job no matter what. They don't care who you are, you are a number and disposable to them.

Interview Questions

• Can you give without taking?   1 Answer

Onin Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Onin (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Onin Group (Onin (South Korea)).

Interview

Basic interview process, not what I expected at all but it went ok. I applied several times, called to follow up for months, given the run around and FINALLY, I was allowed to meet and interviewed. After that, I was able and started working with the branch within 2 weeks. They weren't the best with following up and seemed to be VERY unorganized, rude, once hired the process with The lady in HR was horrible! She seemed unsure about EVERYTHING but really sweet.

Interview Questions

• Hello...How are you? Please Tell me about yourself? Tell me about your background?   1 Answer
    • Thanks, ok can you tell me about you and What are your goals?   1 Answer
    • Nothing related to my position...asked the same questions over and over and we chatted about general events and what's in the news.   1 Answer
    • Again...my goals and career goals was asked. Thank you, that was very descriptive...umm...ok let's see...tell me where you see yourself in 5-10years?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Onin Group in October 2014.

Interview

I responded to an online ad for an in-house recruiter at my local Onin Group. Thus began my 5 week nightmare of being strung along with the Branch Manager dangling the position in front of me like it was a carrot.

After an initial phone screen, he wanted another one. But on this second one, he had completely forgotten what I said in our previous conversation. Next, he kept losing my resume, I kept emailing it and then he couldn't figure out how to print it. Finally, after much cancelling then rescheduling on his part, I met him at his office. It was a tiny little hovel with 3 other employees (2 recruiters and 1 receptionist). The receptionist looked in danger of spilling out of her top, it was highly unprofessional. One of the recruiters was making nonstop calls while noshing on her lunch (a sub sandwich). Again, not professional! The branch manager indicated the face to face interview had gone great and he would call me in a couple days to confirm my start date. That date came and went. I phoned him and was told he was out of town. I emailed him, no response. Finally, after about 2 weeks, he responded to me and said he had been working in another city. Ok, but that to me did not clear up the lack of communication. After all, he had stated on the phone and in the interview he needed someone ASAP. It was about this time, he started grilling me on what other interviews I had been on. He wanted to know specifically what companies, what positions and who I had interviewed with (names and their job titles). I was uncomfortable with his questions and changed the subject. He would wait a few minutes and ask again. Again, I would change the subject. After several calls like this over the next week or so, I realized this man was just playing games. He never did get back to me about the recruiter position and thankfully for me, I found a great job that paid about $15k a year more than what they were offering.

I am rating this interview as difficult, just based on the multiple phone calls and game-playing over a 5 week period.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges recruiters typically face in placing applicants?   Answer Question