Ontario Ministry of Community & Social Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.3

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Community & Social Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very relaxed phone call, the format was 'Story of your Life'. You cannot really prepare for the interview, lots of people apply every year, I believe if you have certain key words on your application your chances of getting the position is easier.

Business Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Community & Social Services (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Went through about 5 major questions and all of them were situational questions. Always asked inverviewees to share their own experience and answered qestions with details. The interviewers were very respectful and kind. The whole interview took 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• When your group member or coworker disagreed with your opinion, what did you do? (practical example needed)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Community & Social Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was points-based. You need to answer every question in as much detail as possible and provide specific examples. The more you talk the better. Your interviewers are writing your answers down the entire time and will review them after the interview. Questions are very generic. I have heard other people had to read material and provide a summary. These documents are usually 100 pages and you are required to include the most important/relevant points in your summary.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a situation where you had to work with difficult people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Community & Social Services (Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, and mainly asked behavioral questions. Overall the interview took 45 minutes and no technical questions were asked. Hiring manager and the HR manager were on line and it was an interview for different ministries

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Systems Testing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Community & Social Services (North York, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied the job through University's career website. Got the phone call from recruiter of the Ministry after few days. Then we made an appointment for the interview. During the interview, they just asked general questions about my personality, such as "What are you strengths and weaknesses?" The interview was held in the morning, and I got the offer at that afternoon. And then I accepted.

Assistant Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Community & Social Services (North Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied through career portal from college for co-op position, heard back after a month for an interview. Interview was performed my Testing Manager and Sr. Manager. Asked 4 straightforward questions. Heard back end of the week with job offer. Questions were
    1) What are the qualities of a good Tester?
    2) What skills do you bring to the Tester Position?
    3) You are performing a test and a system error occurs, what do you do?

Interview Questions

• You are performing a test and a system error occurs, what do you do?   1 Answer

Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Community & Social Services in May 2012.

Interview

Questions are not difficult. Make sure you have an example in mind that suits various scenarios. E.g. name a time when you managed multiple tasks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Community & Social Services in April 2012.

Interview

Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker. How did you resolve it?
    What is your experience with building websites?
    What do you hope to get out of this experience with us?

Junior Applications Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Community & Social Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

Found the job posting on the University of Toronto's career centre. Applied through the PEY program and was contacted back for a job interview. Some simple questions of my goals and experience were given, none technical, and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• None really. No technical questions, just ones to gauge if you were a self learner or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No chance of negotiation.