Ontario Ministry of Government Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

3.1

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Government Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Telephone screening was initial and got a call after about 2 to 3 weeks to move to the next stage of the interview.
    Second stage consisted of Written test and presentation and Face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation done before

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Government Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Questions based, presentation, specific to company's profile and projects. Complexity was high.Specifics on methodology, tools, UML techniques, RUP. How issues were resolved on critical projects on red path.
    Took 1h, panel of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Review roles played as a systems analyst. Specifics on solving problems.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Government Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Unpleasant overall- panel- did not look at me once, were busy writing the answers down. Feels like you are talking to yourself, but I heard it is a normal practice- so do not take it personal. Still hard to relax when you are not listened to. The knowledge test was strange...the question was not related to the job description, it was something like find the answer in collective agreement..

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you resolved a conflict..?   2 Answers

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Government Services.

Interview

Smooth and quick selection process. I was contacted within a month of applying and received the offer from the manager within a week of interviewing. Interview consisted of mostly behavioural questions as well as very open ended general questions of technical skills. There was no HR involved, I was interviewed and contacted directly with the manager of the position.

Interview Questions

• They were looking particularly for experience with java and asp.NET   Answer Question

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Government Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

This is a brief description for the position of Junior Web Developer, Co-op Student. Position was 4-months long. Interview was a two part interview. The first part is a couple minutes with the interviewers (nice people), with them asking both technical and behavioural questions. Before the interview, they gave about 5 minutes to prepare answers to the questions. After the interview, was escorted to a room to write a test within 15 minutes. After the whole thing, was given an opportunity to ask the co-op student a few questions about the work environment and all.

Revenue Clerk/Business and Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Government Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied to Summer Experience Opportunities on the OPS website. Got a call around early to mid April. Did interview the day after another OPS SEO interview. This was different in a sense the 2 interviewers asked more about relevant skills such as your level of proficiency with Excel/databases (e.g. can you use PivotTables?) and financial/accounting skills. There were theoretical questions on teamwork conflict, presentation skills and something about approaching an accounting problem.

Manager said it would take about a week to contact successful candidates but he contacted me 2 weeks after instead. By the time he called me, I already accepted an offer from another ministry but I still thanked him for the interview.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really expect technical questions about accounting/finance experience/skills because I thought it would be more situational. Looking back though, it's fair since they can ask anything about the job requirements.   1 Answer

Another ministry contacted me earlier with an offer.

Senior Advisor Interview

Interview

Multi-stage

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Cant do much negotiation

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was about 30 minutes with two people. All of it was behavioural with focus on past experiences and cultural fit with company.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time where you had to handle multiple commitments and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Customer Service MTO Kiosk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Government Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Send in your resume...wait 3 to 4 months before you get a call... wait another 2 months for next stage of interview., wait another 2 months before they call with a job offer... wait another month to start...The process is very long. Most people already find alternative jobs by then

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had to handle a difficult situation between you and a co worker and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate ..starting wage is firm at 22.52 per hour

Service Order Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Ministry of Government Services (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

You're given some questions and have a time limit to answer them. If you reach the time limit you won't be allowed to keep going. You're also scored on your answers and then they add up the totals to decide who to hire.

Otherwise it was a pretty relaxed and friendly interview, but it definitely stuck to process rather than any personality.